The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pig's basekit.

With all the spiral promotion and the saw tome, I thought pig would get more changes besides an add-on pass, as now would've been the perfect time to buff her basekit.

Does this mean the pig's kit will most likely never be touched?

Also, if pig's basekit was changed, what would you like to see?

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

She can't get buffed thanks to the useless stats the devs use to balance Killers. She has the highest kill rate (or among the highest) thanks to bad Survivors not knowing how to deal with her so in the devs eyes, she's fine

• BlightedRascal
    BlightedRascal Member Posts: 12

Good point.... it's unfortunate the devs look at only stats for their decisions, it makes sense but, there's so many things that can drastically change stats, one example being like you said new players not knowing how to deal with her.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

If you want to make pig stronger then first you need to make her traps more consistent.

You shouldn’t have 3 traps coming off first try, but you also shouldn’t have 3 traps requiring 4 box searches. And you especially shouldn’t have someone running out of time on RPD before they can even search all boxes because they got unlucky on a big map.

As it stands now, her real power is just RNG, and you can’t buff other aspects of her as long as RBTs work the way they do.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 651

The possibility to recharge the traps? Maybe?

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

Pig is the only killer who can easily get a 4K without even moving. Her traps get her free kills so if she gets any buffs they need to be nerfed big. There's a reason her killrate is so high and it isn't all "bad survivors", it's mostly pig players being carried by trap kills and winning with Noed

• Widden
    Widden Member Posts: 158

Buff Pig ?????? Hell no

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

I want to play her because I kinda like her ambush being slightly different to Wraith even if it is weak or whatever, don't care. Reverse Bear Traps however are an awful design and honestly in playing her, I had more DC's against me then ever because I planted one of them on their heads. I kinda get it and if I play Pig now I don't use them.

I mean sure RNG being her 'thing' is thematically appropriate but surely there's something else it could do that would make her better in general and less of a 'new player' basher.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

So the killer is carried by her power? You know why it's called a power because it is supposed to be powerful.

But hey let's better make every power like sadako power so it has nearly zero impact and can be controlled by the survs

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
  • BlightedRascal
    BlightedRascal Member Posts: 12

It is just "bad survivors". Good survivors will 99 a gen so the traps dont activate and survs who have them on have time to get it off, alot of high mmr pigs only get 1 headpop every 2-3 hours of playing, and when they do get one it's usually cause they ran crate of gears + tampered timer.

not to mention the basekit trap gives plenty of time to search all boxes even if it is activated.

And also, you can always search boxes before gens pop, her power has plenty of counterplay.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

That's actually a good way to put it: The Pig's power from front to back has a very high amount of counterplay.

- Pre-drop the pallet

- Leave the loop while they try to bait

- Hold W

- 99 gens

- Search only one box before doing gens

- If you're feeling even a little gutsy, don't search boxes until the timer starts