Killer MMR questions

Options

Just a couple of questions I’m hoping someone can clarify for me please :)

If I recently got Artist and Sadako; are their MMR based on my highest other killer MMR, the lowest, or an average?

Also if I keep losing with Sadako, does it lower my Artist MMR?

If I win a lot with Artist, does it raise my Sadako MMR?

Is it all individual per killer, or is it all the same for all killers?

Comments

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288
    Options

I'm not sure but i think it is same for all killers wich should not be the case

• Kill_Yr_Idol83
    Kill_Yr_Idol83 Member Posts: 213
    Options

I'm constantly trying to figure this out. Some of my killers are at an incredibly high MMR where games are nothing but sweatfests or a toxic dumping ground from survivors and then recently played a match as the Hillbilly, who I hadn't played in 2 years and the outcome was the same. Like I thought there was a decay system put in place. I've played the Hillbilly like maybe 4 or 5 times in the 5+ years I've been playing DbD so it all just doesn't make any sense why choosing him puts me in this higher MMR bracket regardless. It's truly quite frustrating.

• _Pun1sh3r_
    _Pun1sh3r_ Member Posts: 12
    Options

swfs on comms are playing against freddy,ghostface... and solos are playing against nurses and blights which are then crying on forums that they need to be nerfed, thats how this flawless mmr from bhvr works

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Every killer has a unique MMR. I think you start out slightly higher than default but each killer has their own MMR.

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734
    Options

All killers have an individual MMR, but you will be matched based on an average of them sort of. They basically have a cap for killer MMR, so even if you just purchase a new killer, your MMR will be based on your current MMR for all your other killers. In theory, if you lower your mmr across the board, then yes, on a new killer you haven't played before, it will probably be a little lower, but not by much. Your killer MMR most likely will stay relatively the same among all your killers sadly, so it's just an illusion that they have different MMR for each killer.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Actually that's not quite right, the devs did specify recently that killer characters do in fact have individual MMRs. The first time you play a killer character their initial MMR is set to something like the average of your existing killer character MMRs, but after that your MMR on that killer goes up or down independently of your other killers.

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734
    edited May 2022
    Options

Yeah, the mmr will go up and down independently of your other killers, but because of how matches are made, they'll be looking for players who are in a range above and below whatever your number is. This causes some overlap in the pool range of players you'll be matched with, hence why you can go against weaker survivors on a higher mmr killer and stronger survivors on a lower mmr killer. It basically causes an averaging effect where it seems like you might be going against the same skill level of survivor (or at least you'll remember these games more than the well balanced ones). That's moreso what I meant by it being an illusion, sorry if I wasn't clear.

I think the main issue with the mmr for newly bought killers is that your mmr starts at an average of all your other killers. This just makes it very difficult to actually significantly change your mmr for that killer. Unless you're afking to lower mmr, it'll take so long to lower it from your average that by the time you lower it, you're probably okay enough at the killer to start raising it or maintaining it without trying.

EDIT: Also, I think we basically said the same thing. I think I just didn't say it clearly enough in my first post because I agree with everything you stated.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

Thanks for the replies <3

I was more worried about my ability to win a few games with Artist making my already terrible losses with Sadako much harder.

If they did affect each other I would have just stuck with Sadako through the losses until it stabilised and avoided playing other killers I get more kills with.

It really is depressing to spend money on a licence I really love and getting rolled over every game; such a shame as the look and sound of the character really do evoke the feeling of the original movie.