The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The best way to nerf Noed

MalEducado
MalEducado Member Posts: 139

Just put an alert at the start of the match , to let suvirvors know if the killer are using noed ...

Maybe a sound close to the hooks ... Or an icon ... But give info to survivors about if killer are using noeds...just like that

Comments

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 651

Don't think it's the best thing to do...

It's specific to NOED to be a "surprise", if we remove that, the tension of the skill will disappear

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

That is indeed a excellent idea, wonder why nobody has thought about that.

Why not just put on the icons of the perks and add ons on screen?

That way we always know immediately what killer we are facing at the start and what their build is, that would be such an amazing idea 👍

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

It's not a terrible argument to do bones. Most of my games I cleanse at least 4/5 totems and I'm one game cleansed over 20....Pinhead you sly dog that Perk gets me every time.

All I do is equip Small Game and boom easy peasy. I usually find them after starting on a Gen or just hiding from the Killer.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Frosty eyes and pumpkin head nurse. It's like they have noed basekit.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Best way to nerf NOED: Remove Deadhard from the game.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699

Something better would be if Survivors could somehow nullify NOED early into the game, maybe by hoing around and cleansing all the totems so NOED doesn't have a chance to spawn. Sure Survivors are running a risk the Killer doesn't have NOED, amd that meams gens wont fly faster than a speeding locomotive which gives the Killer a chance to snowball and win, but at least on the bright side games won't last five minutes.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Yup. They should go all in on the Sally of the lantern cosmetic, have the head only light up when all 5 gens are done.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

Or just do bones?

I take out 4-5 totems on my own every game, cuz no one else does it, their spawns are super easy to remember, just check those when going from gen to gen?

Someone will say "Ugh, but i'm solo Q, it's not that easy, yada yada". I'm solo Q too. I've been chased by the killers for half the game and STILL did bones. I chase killers, do gens, help teammates, touch bones and still escape. Instead of hiding in the corners of the maps, check those corners for totems. Most of you hide when just a glimpse of terror radius is heard. So you're not on gen on that time. Don't waste your time hiding when killer's attention isn't even on you.

I even think that NOED should be a baseline part of the game, not a perk, still as hex, to force survivor out of their lazy af excuses.

You won't get any better if all you will do is complaining.

(My absolute FAVORITE are people who do gens inside LT's, when there's a totem spawned right next to the gen and they'll just leave it there, makes my blood boil)

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Then we could hand free dc’s too, maybe let the survivors know what the killer is and their build in the lobby so people could just dodge every lobby they didn’t like till they got a killer they did.

I know let the survivors choose the killer and their perks for them then they can always have what they want.

I think the forums should have complex math or word problems to solve before you get to post to weed out the stupid.

(yes this is snide and mean but seriously have you read half the crap on these forums)

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 678

No point in nerfing weak perk imo

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Dont try to ask for killer nerfs, or hordes of killers will come to camp and tunnel you in the forum

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
  • TotemSeeker91

You cleanse totems? Can you be in my game, could use someone to help me, lol

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

Come on that isn't a nerf that's like saying a good nerf for ruin is to show its aura permanently to the survs

• TotemSeeker91

Survivors see my build of B&C, hangman's, lightborn, and thanato "what the...." Lol

• Faust1519
    Faust1519 Member Posts: 4

That's the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. There should be also notification before survior uses dead hard and when I down someone with DS.

If we say about nerfing NOED the only thing that make any sense (but there is no need, just cleanse totems) - is to make it token based so the killer won't be rewarded for doing nothing whole game and then still have 4k because of NOED.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

maybe the expose icon showing up after the last gen is complete like rancor. But that’s about it

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

In my games, if a Huntress camps they're pretty much guaranteed to have NOED as well. I have no idea why they don't just practice with their hatchets for a few games instead but, for some reason, I see Huntresses with NOED.

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 272

IMO, the best nerf to would be putting a requirement of hooking all survivors at least once to activate. Its simple change that also wouldn't matter for most, but will mean you can't get value if you decide to tunnel and camp one survivor all game.

I would prefer a rework however. One that buffs it and makes it more punishing for survivors, but also feels more fair for them too.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

yeah....no.

You want a nerf to noed? put a totem counter somewhere on the UI. Survivors shouldn't need Small Game to take inventory.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 972
    edited May 2022

NOED doesn't need a nerf. Survivors just need to stop acting like Idiots running for saves when they know its active and actually seek and cleanse the totem.

There is nothing more annoying than getting to the point in a match where NOED csn activate and three people go down because they get too cocky.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881

Noed doesn't need a nerf. WIth how the meta currently is there's more than enough time to cleanse 5 totems.

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587

reworking noed into a better perk is the better option. the perk is mostly useless throughout the match so nerfing it wouldn't do much imo

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I'd rather just make it a token based system like No Way Out.

Something like, "For every Survivor who is not hooked consecutively, gain a token. Every token gives you an increase in speed, up to 5% and an instant down. Every down consumes a token."

Basically, make it reward skilled play and not tunneling.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 573

It’s because it’s easier to remember the dull totem spots in case of noed than cleanse all 5 totems in a soloQ match. You also won’t be wasting time for nothing if it turns out the killer didn’t have noed

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

NOED is fine, it doesn't need nerfs

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913
    edited May 2022

"Just do bones" is indeed a terrible argument. As a killer main who loves NOED (but doesn't run it often outside of endgame builds, which I've been playing around with a little), I have to admit that that's a really obnoxious response to criticism of NOED that isn't viable. If you run maybe one perk, like you said, you're not likely to get more than 4/5 done (and waste a lot of time doing it), and even if your entire goddamn build is dedicated to cleansing totems, you'll get all 5 done, but you'll still run around the map for seven minutes not doing gens to counter a perk that doesn't activate in the majority of games.

This is also the biggest argument for the OP's nerf idea. I agree that NOED doesn't need a nerf, but if OP's idea were implemented, it would change the focus of NOED from an endgame perk to a slowdown perk, because 2-4 survivors would spend all of the early game running around looking for totems instead of doing gens. Combine that with the Pig's Video Tape and Rules Set No. 2, Corrupt, Deadlock, and Merciless, and their team will have a hard time of it.

Of course, that'd ruin NOED as an endgame perk and all the builds it relies on, so I don't support the idea.

Also, NOED's counterplay (there is one, despite all of the survivors' complaining) isn't to "just do bones", it's to "just memorize bones' locations when you see them and then go back and check if the perk activates after the gens are done". It ain't hard, and I lose the totem within a few seconds of it activating in 25% of the matches I run it in.

It's still worth it in some builds, but only because of survivor stupidity. You get one down out of it (if that) if the little monsters know what they're doing and just leave through the other exit while you're on your way to the hook. Facing off against NOED is an opt-in scenario in most cases.