Anyone Have Hope for Anniversary Stream?

Options
MikaelaWantsYourBoon
MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

Honestly i have not.

All we see promises, soon and information about new chapter. I hope i am wrong.

Comments

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

So long as we get a new map im a happy camper

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

Chat is going to be a massive dumpster fire as usual. It's best to just close the moment you get in the stream and never open it again because rapid fire slurs ruin the vibe.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Things I hope for:

- anniversary codes that aren't expired by the time the stream ends.

- seeing more known faces. (Most of the people from last years stream were unknown to me)

- a surprise (something no one expects)

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

Not really. We'll get the chapter 24 reveal (big surprise there), some content creator clips, some fan art and that will most likely be it. Maybe we'll get news on a new idea they are working on that will surely 100% be implemented soon-ish, like what happened with the early game warm up

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

This is the first anniversary that I'm not super interested. Partly because of the spoiled chapter not being all that interesting to me. Partly because of the fact that they generally undeliver in their promises.

That said, I hope they have some things that shake up the game/meta/blood point grind. I'm just not going to hold my breath.

I'll be at work so I won't get to watch it anyway.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options

I have hope it'll be over soon so my summary won't kill my wrists as I slave away to get it out same day

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

I’m still burnt by the ‘Road to 60fps’ that they made a song and dance about when all we wanted was the game to be optimised; years of silence followed by disappointment and the game in a worse state every update :/

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

Here’s the problem I have with the Soon meme.

I understand they said a lot of stuff and we still have no information on it. But would you rather them be quiet and release it when it’s ready. Or announce “hey the mori rework is coming in September 2022.” Then September 2022 comes and they go “sorry it’s actually coming out March 2023.”

they don’t won’t to make false promises and keep delaying and delaying something they want it to be ready when it’s perfect

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2022
    Options

Not much, they tend to promise a lot of stuff then saying "This is very early work" only to be implemented either way too late, a barebones version or not implemented at all. The roadmaps are just absurd at this point, we all know them in advance "every 3 months we churn a new Killer and a new Survivor with mostly pointless or redudant at best perks, 2 maps per year and rework these 2/3 Killers".

My hopes are extremely low, I dont expect any announcement about the worst problems of this game and even if they do I dont expect it to be implemented in less than 18 months, do people still have to wait 12 months or more for a fix for the grind?.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

I'd much rather hear there is a delay rather than radio silence.

When there is radio silence, I'm under the impression that they're no longer working on something. When they're is a delay, I can at least presume they're still working on it.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

I'll miss it as I'll be at work myself. I'm counting on @GoodBoyKaru to break it all down for me!

• Kuinzu
    Kuinzu Member Posts: 134
    Options

I mean I've managed to convince myself that Stranger Things will show up in some form tomorrow, so I've only set myself up for disappointment really.

• Zachcjjj
    Zachcjjj Member Posts: 528
    Options

i hope that hope gets buffed to be infinite after all gens are done

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565
    Options

I hope it's not the killer and survivor that we're leaked

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

That the next anniversary event doesn't give us Yucky 🤮 Crowns, but gives us Party Hats instead

The crowns don't look good and we don't even know what it does so it's lore significance doesn't exist, but Party Hats are fun and make more sense for a celebration.

I'm just kidding, I don't have hopes.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

No. I want to but no.

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244
    Options

So a lot was spoiled already but maybe they have some secrets hidden. Pinhead was a little late but a welcomed surprise.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

I'm hoping to see more diversity of representation and inclusion since they seem very interested in this. I've seen a lot of it for the lgbt community. It would be nice to have something to represent players of diverse faiths in DBD's diverse community. I think having something for everyone eventually would be nice.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Absolutely. This one HAS to be good and I am sure they are well aware of that fact. I like to believe the reason everything lately has been kind of meh is because they are saving some hype for a big anniversary reveal. I am still holding out hope that we will get a licensed killer, as I do not believe they would actually give us an original killer while we are in the red.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    edited May 2022
    Options

I'm really hoping for a licensed Killer as well. Chucky or Alien 🤞

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I'm not hopeful for an enjoyable stream but I am hopeful the content is good.

I'll be happy if the solo q changes they mentioned 5 months ago are confirmed for the next chapter.

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

Ho...what?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options

Devs have confirmed that they're not looking to have any modern-day religious representation in-game atm

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

They already stated they will not add actual religion for their characters into the game as this would definitely be offensive to many religious people for various reasons.

Plague being a priestess is included and since it’s a made up and ancient religion it’s accepted.

this is not comparable to the lgbt representation (which you haven’t seen plenty of, just David being revealed as gay but there will be more in the future). Their original stand was to also let any kind of sexuality/sexual identity/orientation left open but they have still added multiple explicit heterosexual relationships and thus they were (unintentionally) excluding anything LGBTQ+ mentions which is just unequal treatment.

• KateMain86
    Options

Yea I wasn't referring to just David. If you don't think they've represented the lgbt community well in recent time I suggest opening your eyes a bit. Its kind of hard for anyone who has been following DBD's social media, live streams and simply playing the game to not realize they care about and represent the lgbt community well.

Its pretty disheartening to know that is their current stance on religious representation in the game. Faith to me and I assume many others in this world is more than just a belief in something. It is our identity. My faith is who I am. I think it would be cool to see that represented in some way in DBD one day. My idea of inclusion is probably very different from theirs and others in the community. Inclusion to me is including that which you disagree with too. It certainly is an interesting subject. However I do think if a company is going to actively take a stance on representation, they should consider that faith is something that billions of people see a large part of their life in, and for perhaps even many is their identity.

• Chusan
    Chusan Member Posts: 137
    Options

I hope they fix this stuff.

• Mooks
    Options

well. They do care obviously but I thought you were talking about representation through (playable) in-game characters… because that’s what representation usually means in the video game context.

i do understand that faith, belief etc is something people define themselves with and is something important for them as their individual person. But it’s not like some religions are included while others are explicitly excluded. There is nothing excluded because the devs disagree with it at all and accusing them of this seems pretty derogatory for me..

• KateMain86
    Options

Well I see this very differently than you do. I think if video games become a setting in which real life social things are represented then it opens the door for other things as well. Its only a matter of time before people look at this and desire or even simply think that other aspects of humanity and reality should be represented as well. Inclusivity needs to be defined but its one of those words I think that is defined differently based on the individual. What all is on the table and what isn't and for the things that aren't would it ever be possible that they are one day? This is all just my opinion and view on it. Its not what this thread is about so I don't want to turn this into a conversation about something off topic. If a thread about this comes up we can talk about it more there.

• Mooks
    Options

Just leave LGBTQ+ inclusion out if you are talking about religion/belief inclusion. Those have nothing to do with eachother and just because LGBTQ+ topics aren’t explicitly excluded over heterosexual topics doesn’t mean anything (neither positive nor negative) related to real-life religions or even politics.

this has nothing to do with differing opinions.

• KateMain86
    Options

I disagree. I think if people identify themselves with their faith, which many do, then there can be relation there. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this thread will get locked if we continue talking about this here.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,701
    Options

We're going into the sixth anniversary and they still haven't done all the stuff they said they were going to do from the fifth anniversary.

Remember how Mori's were meant to become part of the base game experience that you had to earn instead of it being an offering and just tunneling for the mori?

• KateMain86
    Options

That was that long ago? I had completely forgotten about all that but now that you mentioned it its coming back to memory. I didn't realize it had been that long since they talked about that. This past year went by fast it seems.

• Mooks
    Options

It doesn’t matter if you disagree. This is not about your opinion at all. And if there was relation there than it was also there before any LGBTQ+ inclusion as they have included different kind of topics before (like different ethnicities/nationalities that are usually not represented/under-represented in video games).

you were the one tying this to LGBTQ+ inclusion without it having a real connection to your request of belief being represented.

also you can always stop responding. I don’t force you to.

• KateMain86
    Options

You can too. And it does matter if I disagree. Not everyone sees this the same way.

I merely brought up the idea of representing diverse faiths. If me mentioning lgbt representation in the context of simply being open to the idea of it bothers you then I'm sorry you feel that way. What should and shouldn't be represented? Who gets to decide and will that decision resonate well with the community? All important questions in my opinion.

• Mooks
    Options

You were the one saying twice that we should stop but you still respond even though I don’t even ask you direct questions.

maybe the creators of the videogame get to decide what they want to represent? I just told you that they have stated in the past they don’t want to include real-life religions and that LGBTQ+ inclusion doesn’t mean they have to include anything and everything else (which is not in anyway related to your opinion - one thing doesn’t have anything to do with the other and that’s a fact. You can see in differently but then your view in this case is wrong).

i never said you shouldn’t ask for inclusion of your (or any others) faith. And the devs may very well change their stance on this, it’s their decision after all as was LGBTQ+ inclusion.

• KateMain86
    edited May 2022
    Options

You replied in a way where I felt I needed to respond to what you said to me. I only said I didn't want to so as to not get the thread locked for going off subject. You said some things I wanted to speak my mind about and so I replied. We can/could've continued it somewhere else, like on my profile or something.

And in all fairness, you didn't have to reply to my first reply at all. That was just me responding to the subject of the OP. You chose to chime in and give your opinion to what I said which led to the thread being derailed.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

Well i really hope same. Anniversary needs to bring big license to game. If they gave us original, they will lose more players. Originals won't make people back to game.

• KateMain86
    Options

I will say the Resident Evil chapter had me more excited to play DBD than I ever had been before. I was so happy when that happened and purchased the DLC the very moment it became available. Big chapter reveals are always super interesting and will bring players in.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

I am playing DbD for Freddy, Ghostface, Nemesis, Jill, Leon, Cheryl etc. I would care less if they have not those characters. Last year we had 3 good licenses. If they start this year with original, anniversary will flop.

• Mooks
    Options

an original chapter that has significant gameplay changes might still be bringing back masses of players that have left - though I guess new players will most likely be drawn by licensed content

• KateMain86
    Options

I do think it is more risky with original ideas but not impossible. Yui's chapter comes to mind. The theme was awesome and the characters were very well received. I get Yui in almost every match since her chapter released. I think that is a huge success for an original idea chapter.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

I have hope that they will reveal a lot of things and hints for upcoming content. I don't want to see content creators or fan art in the stream - when we see them everyday. I'd rather hear the phrase "Soon" than see irrelevant things that has nothing to do with the new chapter or game health.