Is it just me or do girls have faster walk animation and smoother camera movements

Options

I'm a David King main, but recently I've been playing Claudette and it feels SOOOOooooooo much smoother, like, I could easily turn my cameras around and do a 180 (still got hit though). Women are smaller in this game so they take smaller steps right? but somehow they all still run at the same speed? now when I go back to playing David King it feels like I'm controlling a Tank or something

Comments

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Options
    Stat-wise, all Survivors are identical. There is absolutely no change in gameplay between them.
    Female characters seem to look like they run faster as they take more steps in their animations than the male characters do, but all Survivors run the same base speed.
    As for the camera movements, maybe you bumped the DPI or changed the sensitivity settings of your mouse or controller and didn’t realise it? Or maybe it looks and feels like the camera moves smoother due to how small the female characters are compared to the male characters - you see more of the environment past a female character model than you do for a male character model.
    At least that’s my understanding.
  • micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95
    Options

They are both 100% identical in terms of speed, it's all in the animation.

I main Feng Min atm, simply because I got all the perks on her and nobody else.

I usually cancel all Survivor dailies, because killer dailies are more consistent. But one time, I had rescue 3 survivors with David King so I figured I'd slap on WGLF and do it.

Probably been a month since I played a male character and I actually felt like the game was slowed down entirely. It really feels very different and weird when used to the female model.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

It happens in every game. Because female characters have a smaller model, they make you feel they run or turn faster. All Survivors have the same speed and camera control. Steps are just part of the animation. In videogames, they generally dont matter. Characters move in a fixed speed, then animation is added to make it natural (like with the current bug where your character will sometimes throw down a pallet and remain in an idle animation while still moving).

You could even test it. Take the bulkiest Killer, like Trapper, and compare it with Hag. Big difference in size and model. Now, since you are in first person, therefore cant see your character, you wont notice a difference between camera movement (movement speed is a different thing though, but thats because of their power).

• Luc_ius
    Luc_ius Member Posts: 155
    Options

I have the same feeling, when I play man survivor it feels like he is slower haha.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

female survivors are shorter and easier to hide in corners with, but yeah, the smaller the model the smoother the steps are