Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

My Dream Meta this coming Summer

D3spair
D3spair Member Posts: 715

My Dream Meta would be...

Killers: Tracking Perks

Survivor: Hiding Perks

Safe Pallets and God Pallets are reduced to Atoms, Hiding is now Meta as Looping is riskier without safe pallets and without 2nd Chance Perks.

Game will be horror themed again I hope with the upcoming meta shake up.

Comments

• Rattius
    Rattius Member Posts: 34

A multi chase orientated meta is what people would want because that way you engage the most amount of players in the game giving everyone a fun time.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,758
    edited May 2022

I'd hate that, for both sides. No interaction except very short chases, not being able to find anyone since a lot of tracking perks absolutely ruin my brain (I physically cannot use Whispers, for example) and making the grand return to my roots of 200 hours really doesn't seem engaging.

I'd rather the 1v4 meta finally appear.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Same for me. Hiding isn't truly my thing. I prefer having interactions against my oponent... So chases. And with the current meta, I think we already see this is what people want: being chased. I don't play Killer a lot, but when I do, I absolutely hate to look for Survivors who hide. I'm doing nothing interesting but looking into bushes... Chases are also fun as a Killer because I'm looking for a way to mindgame/surprise my opponent and finally catch them... (Even if it's kind of frustrating to end a good chase just to lose 1493529 generators in the same time.)

Agreed 100% about everything you said. Even Whispers. I don't know, I can't use this perk as well. It induces a lot of stress for me weirdly.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

You really love licensed content more than originals right? I just noticed this from your general comments.

• Ayamir
    Ayamir Member Posts: 291

No,hiding is boring for both sides I don't want to play hide and seek with the survivors on Swamp and the survivor gameplay is already stale most of the time you're being a gen jockey and holding M1.

Go play Prophunt.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

People were hiding when the game was new? I started to play in the end of 2020, were the meta was the one we still have. I remember starting early to watch streams and seeing people running the same perks as now, more or less.

I'm kind of curious about how the game was played before.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

That would be my dream uninstall, both for killer and survivor. But it's ok. After 3k hours, I would finally get detoxed.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Screw the meta. We want Scorching Summer BBQ 2022 with slushie gen machines!

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,440

Seeing as many people consider the chases the most fun part of dbd, and devs designing a lot of chase killers, removing chases as the main interaction will make a lot of people quit.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

To be fair there’s probably a bunch of survivor players who enjoy playing stealthy more than being chased.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

As a killer my favorite loadouts to play are ones with tracking and chase perks versus just slowdown. I’d rather have a game where I’m in chases most of the time with minimal searching needed to find survivors than a game which is longer but with more stretches of not knowing where anybody is.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,300

While chases can be thrilling, I too, prefer the sneaky approach. I don't think there should be just one meta though, stealth and looping should both be viable and the game should be made as accessible and attractive to all players and their chosen play style.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

So gen tapping would make a comeback, Iron Will to dominate the meta, and people doing Urban Evasion everywhere? Nice...