Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Game is still Survivor Sided in 2022

2»

Comments

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

You're really close!

So if the survivor's equivalent of Nurse/Blight kitted to the teeth is OP, then Nurse/Blight kitted to the teeth is...?

• NAERUUU
    NAERUUU Member Posts: 501

No

just no.

there is OtzDarva an big YT and streamer in dbd.

he is a pro : https://youtu.be/acHiwnCW7eI

and stop complain about nothing.

play nurse or spirit blight if you are sad, game is ez.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

... viable!

No, seriously. The dreaded nurse is undoubtedly the strongest killer we have. But tournament level nurses are really, really rare to find. She has the lowest kill rate for a reason. Because everyone who isn't a 24/7 nurse main with 1000 hours on her alone. Simply sucks with her.

Something similar applies to Blight. He could be far stronger IF his collision box worked as intended. Yet, more often than not, he glides on surfaces that he should bump off.

But until the nurse gets easier to learn, or the blight can finally bump off all the surfaces that he's supposed to. They don't deserve a nerf.

Which brings us back to the viability point of the other killers. We need alternatives to those 2 killers. More variety means more fun for everyone.

• Firellius

Swing and a miss!

No, it's not the case that when survivors 'stack wins', they're OP, while when killers 'stack wins', they're just 'viable', and 'stacking wins' isn't the balance target.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Only Maps are truly survivor sided. The game in general is who ever plays sweatier sided. I have beat a team of survs that all had Meta Perks including 4 CoH, but I played Vommy Mommy and played so sweaty that a pool formed under my chair, so people could say it killer sided there where if I faced the same team as trapper or hag then it's Survivor sided

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

So it's not easier for survivor, it's just harder for killer? Perfectly balanced in favor of survivors. Gotcha.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

If 90% of maps are survivor sided, and everything else is balanced, game is 90% survivor sided.

And also same goes for killers, if 90% of killers are survivor sided, game is 90% survivor sided.

• animalz606
    animalz606 Member Posts: 31

I can agree that the game is survivor sided in some ways, but here's the thing. The game has turned into Hardcore Survival of The Fittest. It's completely unbalanced now and almost no one is happy with it. Killers are forced to learn and play meta killers and not have fun with the killers they like bc they will get screwed by perks. Same for survivors, they get full meta killers and they will camp, tunnel, etc. Game is imbalanced.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

Most people don't see the game being survivor sided because they are not able to play survivor at a level where they are able to take advantage of how strong survivor can be. The majority of players will never reach that level, so the majority will always disagree. Also, a lot of people don't care about things that don't affect them personally in a negative way. Seeing that survivor is the role that seems to be played by more people, you can put two and two together.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968

🤔mmm

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

It's...complicated.

Starting out - the game feels quite killer sided.

Once you get a feel for the game, it feels extremely survivor sided.

Once you start getting pretty good, it comes down to more 'who brought what and which map'.

DbD is very difficult to balance, because players essentially determine their power levels. If I play versus a SWF running stacked meta perks, the best items, a Badham offering and 3x 'further hook' offerings, and I run meme Myers or Wraith, I'm going to get stomped. If I play against the same SWF running meme perks on Midwich and I'm playing Blight with my best perks and addons, I'm going to flatten them.

• Tsulan

Ideally both sides would have a 50% win/escape ratio.

Claiming that the 2 killers will stack wins with 4 slowdown perks is a false assumption. For the very reason I posted: those 2 killers are bound to face a SWF team with all the meta perks and without anything to defend themselves against Flashlights.

Also, not a single streamer that managed win streaks streams has done any since the mmr. So again, claiming that is simply false.

• Firellius

That's a diversion from the original topic though.

You never contested that that set-up would stack up wins. It may very well not stack up wins, or it may do exactly that. The point is that you took a statement of a clearly over 50% winrate and disregarded it as merely 'viable'. Without contesting that it -wouldn't- get a well over 50% winrate, what you came out and said is that that 'over 50% winrate' is basically the bare minimum for a killer to function.

Which is a really bad take on balance.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

It's weird how many people think nurse is super strong yet can't understand how strong survivors are.

• Tsulan

Ok ok, we are getting kinda off topic here. BUT in my opinion the game should be balanced around hooks. Not hook stages and not kills. Just hooks. Because a killer who got 3 kills but only 3 hooks will be considered stronger than a killer who got 9 hooks but only 1 kill. When it should be the other way around.

Over the last year, the kill rate has dropped significantly across the board. Which the addition that SWF had a 15% higher escape rate than solos. Now whats wasn´t explained on those stats is, if the kill rate is 35% for killers going against SWF or if its 65% for killers going against solos. Now with the devs intention to bring solos on par with SWF, this 15% higher escape rate is a huge deal and is bound for some heavy balance changes.

• NAERUUU
    NAERUUU Member Posts: 501

No, check OtzDarva’s vid : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acHiwnCW7eI

forum mods, it’s a fog don’t worry.

• NumaSaba
    NumaSaba Member Posts: 4

The game is survivor sided because the devs are biased towards survivors.

Want proof?

-Midwich elementary went from spawning around 12 hooks to 8. (Implemented around with the Cenobite)

-Two jungle gyms were added to the Crow's Nest map. (Implemented between the Artist and Onryo)

-The breakable walls in Badham preschool have been removed completely. (Implemented with the Onryo)

-A rock has been placed next to killer shack on the Crotus Penn Asylum map that survivors can run between but killers can't. (Implemented with the Onryo)

All these and more have been implemented without a word from the devs. The just up and did it and never mentioned any of it anywhere. And all of them benefit survivors greatly.

• Firellius

Ok ok, we are getting kinda off topic here. BUT in my opinion the game should be balanced around hooks. Not hook stages and not kills. Just hooks. Because a killer who got 3 kills but only 3 hooks will be considered stronger than a killer who got 9 hooks but only 1 kill. When it should be the other way around.

Oh, we are absolutely in full agreement there. Kill/Escape-based matchmaking is the absolute bare minimum effort system, and the focus on kills makes actually going out and chasing feel unrewarding. Sadly, BHVR have already stated that this is their intent for the game, so I don't think that's going to change, no matter how much healthier it would be.

Over the last year, the kill rate has dropped significantly across the board. Which the addition that SWF had a 15% higher escape rate than solos. Now whats wasn´t explained on those stats is, if the kill rate is 35% for killers going against SWF or if its 65% for killers going against solos. Now with the devs intention to bring solos on par with SWF, this 15% higher escape rate is a huge deal and is bound for some heavy balance changes.

True, but it's dropped to 50%, not from 50%. And yeah, it's likely that escape rate will improve with some gap-closing buffs, but any competent balancing team would have a plan to off-set that with other adjustments.

But I think you know which word in that sentence is the problem with BHVR.

• Tsulan

Yeah, that's what I meant. It dropped to 50%.

Sadly we both know the answer on regard of your last phrase.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I'm not saying the game is balanced in the least. What I'm saying is if a Killer plays sweaty enough then they will stomp survivors making it look like it's Killer sided while in inverse of that if the Survivors play sweaty enough it will look like it's Survivor sided.

Most maps are definitely in the Survivor's favor with the amount of safe tiles that can spawn next to each other, to the shear size of some of the maps, to even the spawn placement of Gens, Totems, and players.

For example we all know Haddonfield is the most Survivor Sided map out there, while Midwich or Wrackers Yard is more Killer Sided. If BHVR would balance the Maps and everything that goes within them that would fix a good chunk of the balance issues.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

I'd hesitate on Haddonfield. It's an awful, awful map - but Badham (especially with the infinite back), Eyrie and Swamp with certain log spawns can honestly feel worse against a good group.

But you are right - Otz put this quite well a bit back. A lot of the issues with this game come from it basically being a game of blind counters. You play a meme build into a stacked SWF, you're going to get teabagged all the way to the exit gates. You play a stacked Nurse or Blight into a team that wants to meme around, you're going to wipe them out at 5 gens.

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630

Sure.

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630

How to fix.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

I guess you haven't reached the rank where nothing you do seems to matter and it is down to the survivors? When the outcome is caused by physical game mechanics like myers on the game then how is that balanced? This is assuming everyone knows what they are doing.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

4 man com squad sided.

Other than that I can't call it survivor sided

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989
    edited February 20

Post edited by DangerScouse on
  • DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

Nice necro

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 266

i dont agree with you. this game has never been so killer sided than now. go check back in 2016. the fact is SoloQ<Killer = 3man swf<4man swf. back when the game came out it was : Killer<Survivors (all).

• Viridyan
    Viridyan Member Posts: 78

Ah yes, everyone should immediately switch to these two certain killers then BVHR can nerf them into the ground in record time to appease the survivors. And we’re back to square one.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,758

To be fair Nurse has been in the game since August 2016 and has yet to be nerfed into the ground.

• HexDaddyissues
    HexDaddyissues Member Posts: 328

so.. play survivor?

• JonahsTablet
    JonahsTablet Member Posts: 762

But you also HAVE to run full meta builds to make the game survivor sided.

• JonahsTablet
    JonahsTablet Member Posts: 762

You get a Nurse with no perks vs a team of survivors with no perks, and the Nurse wins 9/10 times, you can't say the game is killer sided because there are 27 (I think) killers in the game who vary wildly between power level.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

It's SWF sided not survivor sided.

• TMNoThumbs
    TMNoThumbs Member Posts: 120

Lets be honest here, how often do you see survivor teams at and above middle MMR that aren't using full meta builds. If I didn't know better I would assume survivors only have about seven perks.

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 425

If you watched through otz's video on this topic you'd realize it's quite the opposite, this game is only survivor sided if you let it be, all those survivor rules mean nothing you can ignore them, camp tunnel run noed, it doesn't matter, if you want kills you can get them if you decide to play nasty. otz played 50 games with 0 perks equipped and ended up with a 3 kill average.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,530

Maybe it is the BP event.

But today there is nothing survivor sided in SoloQ.

Horrible games and mostly 4k.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

And...it will always be duh.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Because why would they not? They're the ones that usually benefit from the devs anyway. Best feign ignorance when your side has the imbalance...

• PrincessVers
    PrincessVers Member Posts: 22

when will devs look into nerfing SWFS on comms or making a Solo only mode so SWFS can only face comp killers??

• Eredestra
    Eredestra Member Posts: 49
    edited June 2022

Just finished a match as Legion and boy let me tell you how fun it was!

I was up against 3 borrowed times and 4 Dead Hards, oh and also! 2 of them had the borrowed time med-kit item to tank another hit from me!

I got spam flashed basically telling me "Hey Killer look at me, come chase me haha lol"

What an amazing game, where not a single survivor is afraid of the Killer! Truly an astounding game. Survivors running around tanking a total of 3 hits before getting a single one down and not only does one of them have the power to tank 3 hits, but 2 of them can!

Now imagine if all 4 of them had 3 hit lives!

I guess as a Killer I just need to play better right? Mind game them better right!

Absolutely unbalanced to be a solo Killer vs SWF that have comms and know exactly where to go and when to save.

Release a pure Solo mode with no SWF and a separate mode if you wanna que as SWF.