Am i missing something here?

aylawell
aylawell Member Posts: 119

How is having to t3 a character to unlock theyre t3 perk for the others a reduction in grind? If you want all level 3 perks on your main, youll now have to t3 EVERY character. As it stands now all i had to do was get every character to level 40.. about 1 mil, 200k bp a piece.. then dump a few million more on my main to get every perk topped out.. sooo about 36 mil to unlock all perks, then a few more to get them all on one character, call it 40 mil. This new way will cost you something like 5 mil per character..thats 150 million points to unlock all t3 survivor perks.. im not seeing the win here, am i looking at this wrong?

Comments

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,060

What I'm planning at least is get everyone to P1. That way I get all the perks on all the characters, even if just at tier I.

I may do more prestiging with killers but even in thy worst case I can grind to upgrade the Tier I perks rather than grind everyone to P3.

That said, I've thing I've gathered is that when you prestige in the new system, you won't lose your inventory (so any perks and such you have aren't gone) but your character level is still reduced to 1, with the corresponding smaller bloodwebs.

I think that can help the grind as you're not levelling at 50 over and over by also not losing anything you had pre-prestige.

• OogieBoogie
    OogieBoogie Member Posts: 190

From my understanding, you can still do things the old way; they aren't getting rid of teachable perks. It's just if you do prestige a character you immediately get tier 1 of their perks (or tier 2/3 for prestige 2/3) on everyone else without having to find them on the bloodweb.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

The only thing I'm curious about is if I don't have someone p3 will they lose the tier three version of the perk if they already obtained it in the bloodweb? Considering I have everyone p3 I won't have to worry about this but for example let's say when dredge comes out I get the teachable and stop leveling him, but all of a sudden the system changes will I lose the tier three version of the perk I already have on another killer because the system recognizes dredge isn't p3 yet?

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

You are misunderstanding the rework.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

If you P3 every character and a new chapter comes out. That killer/survivor is going have +90% of perks already unlocked at tier 3.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,143

I don't know the correct values anymore but both sides have roughly 100 perks (rounded up to make it easier) with 3 tiers each, meaning you have to unlock 300 perks per character.

At the moment you unlock until level 40 one perk per bloodweb and 2 until 50.

Now imagine wanting all perks on one character and let's ignore bringing all other character of one side to level 40 for the teachables.

That means until level 50 you got 60 of the 300 perk options. And each level beyond 50 gets out 2 unlocks per level, meaning you need another 120 level ups on ONE CHARACTER for full perks. All in all 170 level ups and the later 120 are more expensive than the early 40.

With the new system you level every character to level "150" once (with the early level being cheaper every prestige) and get all perks on all character automatically.

On the grand scale it reduces the grind and keep the ever growing character pool in mind. You only have to P3 the new character and all the old ones get the perks automatically without the need to level them 4 times again, with 27-30 characters that you'll be another 120 (expensive) level alone.

• aylawell
    aylawell Member Posts: 119

Thanks for the feedback.. i see the benefit of them unlocking universally for the points spent now.. I do hope it doesent alter anything i already have in place though.. we'll see i guess.