Killers Tunnel and Camp

Options

its all they are doing today I'm sick of it 10 games in a row me or my teammates are tunneled and camped out of the game 1 by 1 its outrageous how do people play like this and why do they not prevent playstyles like this I understand its 2x bloodpoints but this is just stupid i hope they fix this soon

Comments

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options

It's generally a really bad strategy to hard camp and tunnel with the existence of BT and DS, but the second you realize that a particular survivor doesn't have those perks... goodbye JoJo lmao

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

And this is becoming more and more prevalent. People tell you to run BT and DS, tell you that your teammates should be bodyblocking for you, and if all of those things are done and the killer is STILL tunneling you, then that's just tough luck.

It isn't fun and no, it doesn't make the tunneled person feel better knowing that their team wins because of it.

• evancalgary
    evancalgary Member Posts: 90
    Options

exactly and I hope this gets addressed soon some of my friends tried this game recently during the blood hunt event and almost uninstalled after 3 games for the new player experience alone it should be removed at this point its not a strategy anymore its a common playstyle and its unacceptable

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

I've been screaming this for a very long time now. Its something I believe is seriously wrong with the game and is a big deterrent for survivor players to keep playing the game. Theres just no fun in it. To have a killer sit there and stare you down until you die on the hook or tunnel you right off the hook just makes for an overall terrible game experience. The game needs to fundamentally change. DBD needs a massive overhaul on how the game mechanics work and how it plays.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,460
    Options

Ah yes... Grass is green and sun is hot.

• evancalgary
    evancalgary Member Posts: 90
    Options

i do when my friends are not on when they are I play survivor with them and run into these problems constantly

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,536
    Options

hmmm... another solution will be to do a match as killer each one of you and stream it to the others... for me it worked

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

Please reinstall the game again <3

The game deserves a player like you. The needs a player like you.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,256
    Options

That survivor probably looped him too long and made him mad so he only wanted him/her.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,256
    Options

Yup like those games I tunnel I lose more often than those when I don't but it's because I tunnel the best looper with ds and others are then free from pressure. You have to be smart with it and tunnel the weakest but also apply pressure on others and hook them too while the one who are you going to tunnel is on hook.

• Viridyan
    Viridyan Member Posts: 78
    Options

I don't know exactly what happened in the game but here's a few theories:

1. It's a survivor main that can't deal with how their own kind plays
    2. The killer was getting looped hard or someone was being toxic so only killing the one person was fine
    3. The killer is banking on other's altruism to get more hooks and sacrifices
  • ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I try to play for 8 hooks and get many bps however survivors are sweating during event and since I dont use slowdown, the gens are done faster than I can get those hooks. Which leaves me often no choice to actually start killing them

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

There should be straight up tactical advantage to spread out your hooks. Dbd as a game doesent encourage hooking different survivours. When someone enters dbd as killer they shouldnt be offer in game tactical incentives to play a funner game baseline.

• Malicius
    Malicius Member Posts: 15
    Options

I really enjoy the gameplay of DBD, but the toxicity and MMR system lead people to behave this way. You can be obliterated in a match by the most toxic survivors, so all you want to do the next match is take out that frustration on someone else so you tunnel/camp.

I have never seen more of an inept MMR system in my entire gaming time.

Sometimes, I am truly surprised people play killer at all the way survivors act.

I guess SBMM is working as intended when I play one game against baby players and get 4 kills. The next game is against a comp scrim team (it feels like). 1 hook, no kills. So I average 2 kills. Working as intended.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

This is exactly it.

It's not the killers fault. If u are trying to kill survivors, it's best to kill them 1 at a time. Haven't ppl watched horror movies? The Game design is made in such that proxy camping and tunneling is the best way to kill survivors.

Anything else, the killer is handicapping themselves, and u as a survivor should show respect to those type of killers. But that doesn't happen, so mine as well camp and tunnel the survivors to death.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,536
    Options