Why do so many people love Dead Dawg?

Options
2»

Comments

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

It is small. I hate giant maps.

Even as a Survivor, it is boring to run and run and run across the map.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    edited May 2022
    Options

It's one of the most balanced maps. The only thing that ruins it is the main building and some of the rng tiles.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

It's absolute trash for killer. There's that big ass building everyone runs to and boons with its worthless and pointless breakable walls. Just like the other worthless and breakable walls they tacked on. Dark AF sagebrush and corners next to more worthless and pointless breakable walls to waste your time. Stealth is out the window. The only people who I see saying that map is great are survs and survs who think it's "good" for killer.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

It's a fun map that isn't the size of two football fields and has good visibility so it doesn't strain my eyes. It's everything that RPD map should be.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    edited May 2022
    Options

It's considered balanced and even killer sided by some people and is also quite small, but I don't like it as killer for some reasons.

The generator in the saloon is almost indefensible.

The generator in the gallows is a bit easy and secure to do, specially if one guy have balanced landing equiped.

There are a ton of mandatory breakable walls if you don't want spend a lot of time in a chase and even for cutting an infinite.

Is the map with the best bushes for survivors to hide easily, better than Yamaoka imo, if the survivors decide to hide in bushes you spend a lot of time searching for them.

The only good thing is that the map don't have a lot of good loops and some dead zones in the edges.

However there are way worse maps for killers.

• Klavatoo
    Klavatoo Member Posts: 61
    Options

For me my only issue is when a 3 gen spawns near the noose. I find it hard to break this 3 gen if the killer protects it properly. Usually the pallets near here are pretty ######### once shacks gone. Other than that, i don't mind the map and it looks pretty good.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,199
    Options

That surprised me, but not as much as people voting for RPD.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    Options

A lot of people like it because it's typically known as Killer sided, even though a good survivor can make your life hell on Saloon

I think that's what I like about it though - the map doesn't play itself like Meat Plant or Cowshed - it takes some actual skill to run it well. Main building is kinda BS sometimes though but hey, main buildings usually are