The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why do people make up rules?

I'm kinda new to the game on both sides killer and surviver. I dont get how people cant just play and figure it out. Like tunneling if some one is chaseng you and you go in circles why keep going around and some where else? I'm just asking it's like playing tag you go around and around of course the killer going to chase you 

Comments

• ThatOneGuy
    ThatOneGuy Member Posts: 228
    Why did u create 3 of the same forum post?
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Why did u create 3 of the same forum post?
    Might have accidentally tapped the post key more than once. I just did that, too. 
    Edited my extra post, though. 
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Theyd rather blame their loss on the other side playing unfairly than admit they were outplayed.
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I have my own made up rules.

If I face Legion, I do all I can to help the team, but when I get hooked, I suicide on hook. Because Legion is so freaking boring to play against, I just want to get to the next match. M1 Mend......Ok, DOH! M1 Mend...Ok, where's the....M1 Mend....PLEASE KILL ME! That is Legion's real power, makes you beg for death!

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited January 2019

If I face Legion, I do all I can to help the team, but when I get hooked, I suicide on hook. Because Legion is so freaking boring to play against, I just want to get to the next match. M1 Mend......Ok, DOH! M1 Mend...Ok, where's the....M1 Mend....PLEASE KILL ME! That is Legion's real power, makes you beg for death!

If you don't have trouble getting away from Killers normally, and you also use Borrowed Time, Legion should honestly not be that big of a deal.

There's a reason he's actually low tier unlike people claim
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

@fusky17 said:
    I'm kinda new to the game on both sides killer and surviver. I dont get how people cant just play and figure it out. Like tunneling if some one is chaseng you and you go in circles why keep going around and some where else? I'm just asking it's like playing tag you go around and around of course the killer going to chase you 

People use made-up-rules or gaming-religions to "manually balance" the game to a (in their belief) desirable state. The types of doctrines surrounding camping and tunneling are thrown around to make you participate,

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

You gotta blame it on someone, right?

• Hex_Flex
    Hex_Flex Member Posts: 132

That's just how Mafia works, man.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    To shame others into playing the game their way so they can win easily.
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

The best part about these rules is that you can break them. It then releases copious amounts of salt that you can enjoy.

The 4% salt is best for popcorn
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    But my 4% dude. 😂
  • TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Humans are creatures are entitled.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    To shame others into playing the game their way so they can win easily.

I think it would be more accurate to say "To shame others into playing the game their way so they can have more fun". Of course most people have more fun when they win so it's basically the same thing.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited January 2019
    There are indeed some extreme cases of made up rules. Especially some survi main streamers have more pages on their rulebook than bible.

ClogWench said:
    Theyd rather blame their loss on the other side playing unfairly than admit they were outplayed.
    If killer goes bloodlust 3 on mid sized loop just to catch me and loses the game cuz of that I quess thats me getting outplayed.
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@starkiller1286 said:
    EntityDispleased said:

The best part about these rules is that you can break them. It then releases copious amounts of salt that you can enjoy.

it is, same with hatch grabs

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

@starkiller1286 said:
    EntityDispleased said:

@starkiller1286 said:
    EntityDispleased said:

Those are the best but usually end with instant dc
  • CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Haven't you read the Book of Survivors made-up rules for Dead By Daylight?

My favourite one is "Can't camp a survivor on hook to secure the kill when exit gates are open. You have to give them to chance to escape".

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237
    edited January 2019

It's #########. Like... when is an unwritten rule an official unwritten rule? When 10 people say it? 100? 1000????
    Unwritten survivor rule "tunneling" , you cant go for the same person twice... even if the person runs into you, like just let him go. But my unwritten rule... uhhh... let me make up a name, Kowalski! Kowalski allows me to get 4 hooks at the start of the game so I get my BBQ stacks. But no one follows my unwritten rule, because its just me saying it I guess. So when do you have to follow an unwritten rule? NEVER!!! :chuffed:

• fusky17
    fusky17 Member Posts: 11
    Nick said:

It's #########. Like... when is an unwritten rule an official unwritten rule? When 10 people say it? 100? 1000????
    Unwritten survivor rule "tunneling" , you cant go for the same person twice... even if the person runs into you, like just let him go. But my unwritten rule... uhhh... let me make up a name, Kowalski! Kowalski allows me to get 4 hooks at the start of the game so I get my BBQ stacks. But no one follows my unwritten rule, because its just me saying it I guess. So when do you have to follow an unwritten rule? NEVER!!! :chuffed:

Say I if u agree 100 killers say I 
    Devs : ok let's put it in the game 
    Survivors: one guy crys about it 
    Devs : ######### now we have to give them a god light power that makes them heal and recover faster 
  • fusky17
    fusky17 Member Posts: 11
    List of rules for killers 
    You can camp on a down or hook person if u give a 3 to 5 sec head start 

Survivors cant use pallets to stun 

Add rules at this point cuz we can only complain hear 

But I did wish they did take stuns off like when u drop a pallet on a killer it brakes i mean look at every killer movie 
  • BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

@fusky17 said:
    List of rules for killers 
    You can camp on a down or hook person if u give a 3 to 5 sec head start 

Survivors cant use pallets to stun 

Add rules at this point cuz we can only complain hear 

But I did wish they did take stuns off like when u drop a pallet on a killer it brakes i mean look at every killer movie 

I've been playing this game for years and some of these rules I've never heard about at all.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I get the same reaction sometimes when I play as Freddy. I like it.