Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Oh it's a pyramid hea- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Leachy_Jr
Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

I despise this killer.

Not so much the character, pyramid head is cool asf and has cake so I can't complain about that. But jesus christ it feels like the devs went out of their way to make the most boring power possible (and that's saying a lot since my 3 most played killers are artist, trickster, and slinger).

Why is it better to just zone everyone instead of actually trying to use his ability?

Why is it so difficult to hit his clunky projectile yet so easy to zone somebody?

Why on earth is his initial fire time so god damn long?

Why does he move at 110% MS when holding his ability?

It's funny because I absolutely love his cage mechanic avoiding hook perks, it's my favourite part of his kit that makes survivors play differently and makes me reconsider what perks to bring (although the notification of where the survivor got uncaged should be deleted).

If I wanted to have fun on pyramid, I would go play artist who is a slightly weaker, but 10x more fun version of him.

What if he had:

• POTD spawn delay of 0.15s or 0.2s (instead of 0.267s)
  • MS with knife in the ground being 105%
  • Increased penalty after cancelling rites to 2s, but increase movement speed to 4.0m/s during this time
  • Remove uncaged survivor notification

(I have a feeling I'm gonna get a lot of hate by pyramid head mains)

Comments

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

Had over 50 cakes on him to burn this week during Bloodhunt and went ahead and p3ed him so I played more Pyramidhead this week than ever and I agree,

Seems more clunky than twins imo

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

If he tries to zone you just Dead Hard over it. :)

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Yeah pyramid he'd is definitely not a very well designed killer. Super cool but not very fun to vs nor that fun to play tbh. He is waaay to clunky. Also you did not say artist is more fun then pyramid head.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

The only thing he has is animation locks. A simple 360 will force his attack to miss every time if you don't abuse the glitch he has.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Pyramid Head's shockwave and torment trails are buried under so many layers of restrictions and nerfs that, more often than not, NOT using his power is the correct answer to every situation.

It sucks.

• Leachy_Jr

IM SORRY.

He makes me question my sexuality I'll give him that but god damn I hate his ranged attack so much that I cannot respect him. I do not like mr zone head.

• Leachy_Jr

I did say artist was more fun than pyramid head and I will die on this hill.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Pyramid head with nurses is one of my favorite ways to play. Double downs through walls are fun!

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

If im not mistaken, they nerfed phead power one time because it put survivors in a lose-lose scenario..

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

I like PH and I like playing against PH - but he's another killer with a kit that basically nudges you towards hard tunneling and camping.

• JohnWick1654
    JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 509

50% of PH players I meet are campers

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

It's all subjective.

The scenario you are describing also isn't always the only situation survivors can find themselves in. At some pallet loops, Pyramid Head has very similar counterplay to Huntress. Depending on different factors, he can still allow for mindgame potential as well.

It's just in general, Pyramid Head cuts down on survivors counterplay quite a bit.

• Leachy_Jr

I also have the exact same complaints about slinger being too hard to hit and being encouraged to zone. He's more bearable than pyramid however because he has much greater skill expression and can sometimes hit insane prediction shots which are very fun. Plus, slinger actually gets punished for zoning, so if you read him zoning you, you gain distance.

Artist doesn't really zone but more encourage W keying and getting fancy shots on said w keyers. I love dodging crows as a survivor and sniping people when I'm killer.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I agree that he could be made a bit more interesting. His attack delay and shock wave speed could maybe be increased slightly. And the cooldown after that increased a bit. But I personally enjoy playing as and against him. It's definitely fun to try and dodge his shock waves.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I'd say Artist is stronger than Executioner

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553
    edited May 2022

The disgusting turn rate limit makes it really hard to enjoy playing as him. It's like nails against a chalkboard.

I get the balance reasons why, I have absolutely no problem with that, but the feel of it, is horrendous.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

I dunno the convenience of being able to instantly cage survivors to bypass hook related perks, and instantly kill the ones on death hook is pretty nice.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 390
    edited May 2022

i think he is perfect, no changes needed. i think BHVR should focus on more problematic killers that struggle in the actual meta (i'm watching you Sadako) the clunkyness when you use his power is to balance him and make it avoidable.

but... we don't want to talk about his addons.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

I think pyramid head is well designed and fun to play as and against

• Impalpable
    Impalpable Member Posts: 152
    edited May 2022

His Punishment of the Damned is the one point i will rightfully adress as an issue from the points you mentioned, because it keeps him away from being lethal while in a loop with a survivor. You are restricted from using your powers outside of a loop by design most of the time, so the time when you finally entered a loop his powers should work properly. Instead the survivors get an airfield lightning that a punishment of the damned attack is about to arrive in about half an hour, plus a delay of the actual attack, plus slow movement speed of the attack trail wave - which therefore restricts his attack to animation locks and close range shots which you can hit without that a clear missplay of a survivor must be involved. There are other few techniques such as wallshots, quick turn shots in movement and flicks after releasing the attack which can make a hit more likely but if the survivor is aware of how and when these techniques are getting used they can be avoided, which therefore makes mostly all of these techniques risky. For me its quite a miracle that i meet few people who know how to play against him on an advanced level, but im also not quite sure how common he is to face.

Since i cant imagine that they will pick up pyramid head for a redesign because he already got a hotfix and a patch update regarding his powers, i would be fine if we would get one addon which would hide or massively delay the airfield lightening and increase the individual attack trail speed.

Post edited by Impalpable on
  • ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

It is fun to play against because if I get hit by his ranged attack, I know it was 100% my fault. I sure do love that as a survivor.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

I’ve always said it, pyramid heads Power is a whole lose lose situation. All you can do is hold W and pre drop pallets and hope he misses.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575

Not as clunky as your grammar and opinions. Artist is one of the most sleep-inducing killers in the game.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Thats depends of you to get zoned.I play as and vs and I never felt zoned.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495

Honestly if he could just fire off his attack it would really be nice to stop looping. But it takes too long to aim. :/ His cages really help against DS tho. But it's so freaking hard to get them to run through the trails, it's not worth the setup.

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
    edited May 2022

Oh man I love going against Pyramid Daddy so much it's unreal. His power is so strong against me, my man is carrying an entire bakery around and tormenting me with the sweet delights it offers. I don't think he's boring at all, if anything he's overpowered. I love when he takes his strong arms and presses my squirming body against a hook to take me out of the game, if he doesn't do it I get so upset with him. The other day he refused to hook me, which made me rather cross with him if I can be honest!

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

I love playing against pyramid head. His chase music is amazing

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

PH is quite strong, and I think he is a blast to play as. Getting your predictions/aim right and downing survivors through walls/loops is supremely gratifying, one of the best things in DBD killer play for me.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

Yeah, his add-ons are hot garbage. The only ones worth running are the range extenders.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Idk man, Pyramid head is pretty clunky. Also I didn't say artist was fun. I feel like that part was super obvious but ok.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

I definitely dislike playing against pyramid head for the tunnelling factor he's possibly the best tunneler in the game

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Have you ever faced a Legion?

If watching paint dry was a killer, its Legion.

• Pr0p3r9
    Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111

The extenders of the time you spend laying trails are also pretty good. It gives you more time to zone if the survivor is at a strong area, and it benefits from the same "Duration=Recovery Speed" weirdness that Spirit's add-ons have.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

He's one of my favorite killers to play but I have to admit he does feel cluncky.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited June 2022

The main problem with Pyramid Head is the same problem of Nemesis, their powers are extremely easy to dodge, they are not reliable, the effectivity of their powers depend most in the skill of survivor you're facing than your own skill, the only way you can hit whit their powers if the survivor is good is in windows/pallet vaults and sometimes in narrow corridors. With both killers I have very good games or very bad games with almost no average.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231

I'm surprised he still has things like showing the location of someone being uncaged and hook perks not working etc because current ph players can be summed up by one's response to me and my friend after he tunneled cage morid 1 person out the game:

'why wouldn't i tunnel? this killer is designed to'

It's why i'm scared for Sadako changes because many suggestions are to try buffing her condemn and its just gonna make people play the same way, tunnel someone until they get condemed and remove them from the match for free.

Their changes to him didn't even address his problem, you don't get to use a pallet or window against him without being in a lose situation. You go near one he puts his sword in the ground and now what? you take it/drop it and get hit by his power or keep running and he just cancels it and m1's you. Nemesis does the exact same and people think he's weak fsr.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302
    edited June 2022

Yeah they are towards the top of the camping/tunneling leaderboard for me lol.

Post edited by SMitchell8 on
  • JohnWick1654
    JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 509

Yeah it's lol, but it's also sad as PH isn't even a weak killer,

perhaps the Silent Hill fans are bad at DBD?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Shockingly I've found more camping/tunneling Nemesis players that desparately need to discover a shower than I have Pyramid Head players.