The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

For the next community event...

spodamayn
spodamayn Member Posts: 220

Please don't have increased rates for getting certain maps. I get it, killers love dead dawg saloon and it's probably why it got voted for so much, but when you're playing survivor and get DDS back to back to back to back without using a map offering to counter it, it's dumb as hell. If we really want a map we can just use our own map offerings. Increasing the rate of which maps you get makes sense if it's a brand new map or a recently reworked map, but otherwise there's no point. And yes I could just use a map offering to counter it every match, but that's a waste of the offering slot when I'm completely fine having random maps.

Comments

• YoshisWorld3
    YoshisWorld3 Member Posts: 51

Well DDS is really survivor friendly imo. You can easily get a 3 gen situation almost every game

• spodamayn
    edited June 2022

You mean killer friendly right? 3 gening is great for killers, it's one of, if not the most killer sided map in the game. It's also really small which is great for killers. Either way, even if the maps weren't killer or survivor sided I think it's dumb to have such a high rate for getting maps when they're not new and we can just use map offerings to get them if we prefer them

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

The trick to Dead Dawg is to save the main building for last so that the killer has to trek all the way up there if they hope to defend it. Besides that, you just have to space your gens and not get 3-genned along the row of houses and/or watertower.

For killer, do the opposite and try to get a 3-gen there.

• spodamayn

Yeah I get how to play effectively on it. But I don't want to play that map all day lol. I literally got that map 5 times in a row and at that point I felt like I had to use map offerings to get another map. I'd rather have random maps

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

Did the map odds change already? I thought that was once the anniversary event started.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Dead Dawg isn't that killer-sided. The Saloon is possibly the strongest building in the game and you can just setup a boon there to counter any 3-gen

• spodamayn
    edited June 2022

Saloon is only strong if the walls aren't broken. If the most powerful walls are broken it's not very strong. Not really sure how a boon is gonna counter a 3 gen

Yeah the increased map rates are for the community event. Not the anniversary

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Don't forget all the bushes that my Claudette can disappear in and heal right in front of the killer without them knowing

• spodamayn

Unless the killer has nurses calling, then it's a bad idea since it's such a small map. That or if the killer has aura reading addons. But yeah, it's a good strategy at low MMR. Not very effective at high MMR or if the killer has perks/addons to counter it

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

I've had dead dawg 8 times today 4 of them were back to back. Someone had a map offering even sending us there. I'm wondering why they be wasting those maps.

• spodamayn

Yeah, I encountered 2 or 3 people that used map offerings for it and I don't understand why they'd do that when the rate is so high for it to begin with. I even tried to use my own map offerings when they used one and they still got that map lol

• YoshisWorld3
    YoshisWorld3 Member Posts: 51

You can literally save the Gen on main, gallows and a map in one corner as a survivor and the Killer will have a real hard time to catch up

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

DDS killer sided map? Not really, only when you 3 gen yourself

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

I'm pretty sure a lot of survivors and killers love that map. I play both sides and love playing that map from both. Sadly, I don't get that map often during this event, I've gotten a decent amount of maps that aren't boosted and then mostly Ormond (or people sending us to Ormond for some reason).

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2022

"killers love dead dawg saloon and it's probably why it got voted for so much,"

Survivors outnumber killers by a huge majority, killer votes did not do it. Survivors love that map and voted for it. Main building is so strong, smart killers will ignore it entirely and focus on 3gen.

• Hilidaris
    Hilidaris Member Posts: 164
  • HexDaddyissues
    HexDaddyissues Member Posts: 328

dds is one of the most survivor friendly maps

boohoo, you got the same map a few times. Complaining on the forum will DEFFINITLEY fix that issue, for sure.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

I had Ormond 4 times in a row. I usually like that map but it was definitely a bit much

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I hate that map as a killer

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Thats weird. I always considered the saloon as a survivor friendly map, due to the main building being so strong.

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 345

It is definitely a killer sided map

There arent many killer sided map but this one is

Wreckers yard is balanced also, but all the others with boosted rates are boringly survivor sided

Ironwork of misery, coal tower and especially ormond, and gas heaven

Its boring to get these maps again and again

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

I don't like the increased rates for certain maps either during events. I like having variety and playing on many different maps. I also saw the use of way more map offerings than usual.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

I think it depends on the killer. I’d say it’s more killer friendly on average but killer favoured? Nah. Most maps are just strongly survivor favoured.

As for Ormond I think it won mostly because irc the competition it had was utter garbage.

• spodamayn

I've said this before and I'll say it again. There's a reason why in Otz adept guide he recommended to use dead dawg saloon offerings for many killers lol. It's because it's a killer sided map. And a lot of you are missing my point entirely. Even if the map isn't killer or survivor sided I don't want to play it 5 times in a row. I was literally forced to start doing map offerings if I didn't want dead dawg. There really is zero point to having increased rates for maps unless it's a new or newly reworked map. It gets boring when you play the same map over and over and over.

Personally I think there's an issue with that and if they're going to keep increased rates then they at least need to reduce the rates so the chance of getting one map isn't quite so high.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

I love Dead Dawg Saloon on both sides, but i fully understand if someone hates it.

But then you have to understand that voting would end differently if choices were put together in better ways. During that survey you could choose between both Red Forest and Swamp maps and Dead Dawg Saloon. There's a reason Dead Dawg Saloon won with 30% of the votes. Not a single sane person would vote for those other maps