On a scale of 1-5 how much do you dislike dead hard when playing killer?

Options
N8dog
N8dog Member Posts: 541

On a scale of 1-5 how much do you dislike dead hard when playing killer? 84 votes

1. It never affects game or I've never seen it used on me.
3%
TwylaMetronixpandomran 3 votes
2. It's nothing really... Never bothered me much.
19%
toxik_survivorHPhoenix[Deleted User]WampiritaIlliterateGenocidehilapastaEvilSerjePlsfix369FokusAnxiousRiddleAraphexPetforcesJaviiMiiWaysideusesPythonWindowsXP 16 votes
3. I see this perk all the time and do not like how strong it is.
21%
MrPenguinMattie_MayhemOGFilthyLegionMaindugmanFobboHex_LlamaDoritoHeadThr_ustPSPBennett_They1ThemJourneywalkereaebreeHitariImpalpableChikyJonathanByersNeflaiteStarlordNZ 18 votes
4. It frustrates me in almost every game and dissuades me from playing killer.
15%
Prex91LordRegalsteponmeadirisShinobuSKQwQwDragonmaster12345HaunterofShadowsSsajbambusaAurelleMarc_123XendritchBothSidesEnjoyertliff 13 votes
5. This perk is horrible for game health and takes away all joy and satisfaction of playing as the killer.
40%
GibberishMister_xDBlueberryMiriamG[Deleted User]Dimekanarchy753JawsIsTheNextKillermusstang62MazoobiHellraisingPredatorGlamourousLeviathantenoresaxEmealValikCluelessbrublileviivelBooosteRxgetuy45u4iu 34 votes

Comments

• JonathanByers
    JonathanByers Member Posts: 167
    Options

Whenever I’m playing as killer and I know a survivor is using dead hard I always respect their dead hard so they can waste it, but then there’s times survivors use auto dead hard or I hit them and hear the survivors downed screams but they don’t go down cause of hit validation, it can be annoying at times.

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 686
    Options

It's not an issue when I play killer because I expect everyone to have it and I know how to counter it.

As survivor, I'm terrible with the timing so I can't use it. I found Lithe to be more effective for my playstyle.

• JaviiMii
    JaviiMii Member Posts: 286
    Options

It's very much an inbetween. It does bother me - but not because it is too strong. I see this perk all the time and I can't stand it anymore but that aside it never bothered me much. Really, anything being overused ruins the fun and needs to be addressed. DH is definitely overused. So there's that.

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226
    Options
    1. It never affects game or I've never seen it used on me.

I probably should state that I don't care about winning to much, so my salinity is pretty low, especially towards perks (use whatever you want, if you like playing with the same skills in forever then suit yourself, I couldn't). However, reading more and more about peoples expiriences and game design ... dh kinda gives you invincibility for a short amount of time, which seems like a bit of an overkill. Shouldn't be a dash enough? But it's getting a rework, or did I get that wrong?

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I definitely think it's overused and overpowered so I'm not surprised it'll be getting a nerf soon.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

It's just tedious and takes a lot of agency away from playing killer.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Options
    5. This perk is horrible for game health and takes away all joy and satisfaction of playing as the killer.

I hope THIS rework doesn't ######### up the frame rate so bad that 80% of platforms can't even PLAY killer... AGAIN!!!

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Honestly it's mixed for me.

I know how strong it can be, but seeing a survivor Dead Hard into a wall is and always has been comedic gold.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

The worst perk in the game hands down on every metric. A literal crutch that supersedes the conventions of the game.

• DredgenWar237
    DredgenWar237 Member Posts: 85
    Options

Hit validation alone can add twenty to thirty seconds or more to chase against characters like Twins, Cenobite, and Demogorgon, and they don't even have to earn it like we have to earn our good perks like Hex: Devour Hope. F* Dead Hard.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

It's not even exaggerating to say how terribly designed the perk is when the killer has to put in all the work to outmaneuver and mind-game the survivor, while the survivor just has a button they press whenever they feel like it that undoes all that work.

Killer's don't have a button that just says "push this button any time you're within 10m of a survivor and they'll be damaged no matter what," but that's essentially what the reverse of the perk would be.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464
    Options

Dead hard is braindead, mix it with braindead loops and is awful. Dead hard is fair against blight and nurse, but overall is not fair, dead hard is a crutch perk that carries mistakes on loops. The other exaustion perks are alright and engaging.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,517
    Options

Once you play enough, it's easy to understand why it's hated and loved by so many.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,999
    Options

Depends on the killer, Trickster and Artist I have little to no problem

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 691
    Options

The equivalent would be Coup De Grace. Which only works 5 times once for each generator, you can easily waste it without meaning to and has a reason it's very rare to see it and even then if used against Dead Hard, Dead Hard STILL wins. Oh and Dead Hard can be used by EACH survivor once every 40 seconds. Yay!

Yup. It's really bad. NoED is the killer equivalent in terms of 'feeling' of being robbed of a health state but its got far harsher conditions and in purely balance terms it's not even close. Whatever they do this asinine piece of trash they better nerf it into the ground or better yet, make it not exist anymore.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

It bothers me in situations where it allows the survivor to deliberately make a bad play, because they know they can recover with Dead Hard. As killer, when that happens, it feels like you did everything right, but it doesn't matter because they have a perk that lets them ignore you.

• BooosteRx
    BooosteRx Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2022
    Options

It should not be removed, because most survivors would yell, but be nerfed, like :

- You start with 2 Token : each time you use Dead Hard, you loose a token. When 0 token, Dead Hard is definitly deactivated for the trial.

- Dead Hard can be used 1 time when you are injured, but you have to be totally healed for using it the next time you are injured, and NOT exhausted.

- 10 seconds after using Dead Hard, the survivor cannot interract with any pallet or windows, during 20 seconds.

- 45 seconds after using Dead Hard, you have to be healed totally, otherwise you are in critical state.

These are some suggestions, you could apply one of these, or mix these, or change the values.

So, Dead Hard should be used wisely, as it gave you an advantage on the moment, but has a consideration.

NB : "No Mither" perk could be a problem with these suggestions, so you should take it into account.

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
    Options

Hit validation and then 'fix to dead hard' were the worst things that happened to this game. Yes okay, maps used to be way easier for survivors... but when map sucks, the map sucks. Hearing survivor screaming, but not going down is the most frustrating thing.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 656
    Options

I see it so often that I already know how to counter it so it doesn't matter...

I see an average of 3 DH per match so... yeah

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,732
    Options

Its obvious this perk needs changes.