Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What are YOUR character headcanons?

Snowstruck
Snowstruck Member Posts: 564
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

I'll go first;

Lesbian Zarina/Bisexual Kate (they are girlfriends [at least in my head])

No fighting please! These are HEADCANONS; any opinion is OKAY! Just be nice, even if someone disagrees w/ you!

A HEADCANON is essentially a way you imagine a character to be in your head, but is not actually a trait of the character.

Post edited by Snowstruck on

Comments

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

What's a head cannon?

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

What are my what?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

The Entity and the Mind Flayer are sister horrors.

(would really like a crossover event)

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
  • GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,563

The language barrier has gotten the non-English speaking survivors killed numerous times.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

I love Joey and Susie so this is mostly about them. Especially because there is a lack of info on them.

Joey and Susie are terrified of Frank and both don’t want to kill people in the trials but do so out of fear of him and the Entity after being threatened with the blight serum in one of Frank’s skins. That’s a fate worse then death guys…

Anything claiming Susie killed or spilled blood is merely wishful thinking of her part and things she wished that happened, she has a lot of built up hate but would never do it practice prior to the Entity’s realm. Joey is a massive geek/nerd. Cosplaying in the 90s? Hardcore. Both were bullied excessively and joined the Legion as an outlet for their less healthy thoughts and as a form of revenge on the people who wronged them.

Spirit/Rin and Susie both share a similar repressed hatred and might be friends. Spirit killed no one before entering the realm and Susie was forced to. Wraith/Philip is also a reluctant killer and would also serve as a mentor to Joey teaching him how best to skirt the rules without drawing the Entity’s wrath. Both are also black in white majority regions and were likely discriminated against which culminated in bad choices both made from terrible situations.

Personally for these four (Rin, Philip, Joey and Susie) I would love a chapter/s on them being survivors instead by making different choices in their life and having their respective killer be someone who would have caused them harm in consequence. Rins father, Azarov. Not sure who for Joey or Susie, making it a school bully is a bit petty and not particularly engaging and may be too on the nose for most.

• BigFatAl
    BigFatAl Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2022

The Entity and Leviathan both serve the Inferno as described by Dante & Virgil. The Hell Priest's Mori only transfers a soul from one level of Hell to another. The Entity's realm is a tedious level of Hell in which Sisyphus may be found pushing boulders nearby. While writing this I immediately imagined the 1970's EC Comics films.

The Legion play Rock, Paper, Scissors before a trial.

Pyramid Head is on the hunt for some of the killers and may even take on the Entity at some point. Old Testament angels have horrifying appearances; Pyramid Head is actually an angel.

If "Dead By Daylight" ever ends the Doctor may a have job waiting for him as a Cenobite.

"Cabin in the Woods" is somehow tied to "Dead By Daylight."

The Shape openly violates the rules. The other killers know it, yet for various reasons no other killer has the heart to explain things to him.

Leslie Vernon was blackballed by the other killers for spilling the secrets. His work can be compared to "Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed."This can be a canon explanation as to why Vernon is not in the game.

Post edited by BigFatAl on
  • Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369
    edited June 2022

My character would be De Veloper, and in my head they make fair and balanced decisions in a timely manner.

• Kmcauley05
    Kmcauley05 Member Posts: 27

Trickster and Yun Jin have a love-hate relationship, where they both care about each other, but also despise the other for being (selfish in yun jin's case and malicious in trickster's case) essentially a sense of malevolence.

Spirit hates Oni for her ancestrial heritage and blood, whilst Oni hates spirit for being 'weaker' than he is.

Wraith is a lost soul who doesn't want to kill survivors, but does it as he has seen what has happened to trapper.

Bubba makes food for hag...

Feng min and Joey compare cosplays.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

I have a few lol

Joey and Susie were both survivors before the entity noticed that just like Frank and Susie, they had usable evil within them.

Danny is like the "favorite child" of The Entity.

Kazan and Rin were both brought into the realm because of their rage, and I believe the entity made them aware of each other to amplify that rage for both of them. For Kazan, it was knowing that his descendant would not continue his legacy, and for Rin, it was discovering that her ancestor slaughtered dozens of people with the same katana with which her father killed her and her mother.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

Personally I can't agree with that evil within them as a reason for Joey and Susie being killers, almost everyone has evil within, if not everyone, even Kate. From a design perspective it was because the four of them make a teenage gang of hooligans which is a great dynamic. I think the Entity decides at a whim who is what. It's possible though the Entity gave Joey and Susie a choice, stay with Frank and Julie or go their own way as survivors, they chose to stay with their friends.

Joey, Susie, Philip, Rin, Evan (Trapper) and others are less evil then some survivors. Jonah, Yun-Jin and Ace are all arguably more 'evil' then those and could easily spun to being a killer if need be.

The rest I love. Definitely for Kazan and Rin.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

That Jeff, Jake are bi, Yui is lesbian. (David used to be bi but now has a canon sexuality so it feels weird)

Ghostface did research on the Entity, and tried to join that ancient cult when he did those murders.

Ace is really good at fishing, like that one outfit suggests, and Adam is a DnD nerd.

Mikaela is somehow related to Arnold from The Magic School Bus.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 295

Wraith announces his presence with the bell before striking because deep inside he doesn't truly want to kill the survivors, thus he tries to warn them so they have a better chance at surviving.

Bill treats David and Ace as his grandsons.

Jeff has a crush on Kate.

The Oni only "respects Pyramid Head, and maybe recognizes the Huntress as a capable warrior.

Sadako and Spirit are besties.

Zarina and Jane are pretty close friends.

Meg and Julie have a feud.

The Trickster and Danny could have a pretty solid relationship, if they both didn't have such a big ego.

• JaviiMii
    JaviiMii Member Posts: 286
    edited June 2022

I like the idea that the characters keep their campfire-memories when around the campfire. Imagining which characters would get along and which don't and what they may talk about is kinda fun.

Personally, I can't help but Imagine Elodie and Felix being pretty close again and her giving him a pep talk every now and again when he thinks about the live he could have had. For some reason that also happens at a tiki bar in my head.

• JonathanByers
    JonathanByers Member Posts: 167
    edited June 2022

The entity let Jonathan keep his camera when he got transported into it’s realm and he often takes pictures of the realms in trials, he has also taken a picture of every survivor and killer.

Out of all the survivors besides Steve and Nancy, Jonathan gets along with Quentin the most.

Jonathan has been mistook for Daniel Matthews at least once by Amanda Young/The Pig.

When Jonathan escaped from the entity’s realm he kept his memories of his trials and the campfire.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    edited June 2022

Its Mostly Legion Headcannon but

-Frank or Joey was dared to put they're pp in Demo's portal

-The Legion like do a little bit of trolling to the other killers

-The Ghostface is like a dad to Julie & maybe Frank

-They had a 4 some

-They dont remember Jeff

Post edited by DarkMagik on
  • i_dont_care223
    i_dont_care223 Member Posts: 124

i dont know why but i like the idea of steve and leon dating ik they're licensed but still

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

My Dwight loves Claudette. David is her best friend and Dwight's buddies are Ash and Adam. They solve mysteries in a van.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    edited June 2022

Ghostface writes articles about his kills in the fog for no other reason than maintaining his routines and indulging his narcissism.

James Sunderland arrived in the fog after the 'Water' ending of Silent Hill 2 and the Entity convinced him his wife is in the fog along with him to feed off his hope as well as his other emotions.

The Zombies that accompany Nemesis are the same thing as Victor aka they're not real/are creatures made by the Entity. This explains why they 'disappear' into a pool of blood when killed and respawn.

• RisingTron
    RisingTron Member Posts: 508

Most of my headcanons have to do with the sexualities of the characters so I hope that's not a problem!

Nea, Yun-Jin, & Yui are lesbians.

Dwight, David, and Adam are gay.

Meg, Jake, Kate, Zarina, Elodie, and Mikaela are bisexual

Claudette is asexual & aromantic

Jeff is pansexual

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

Quinton = Coprophagia

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

I always imagined that Trickster actually doesn't like being in the Entity's realm. Reason being that he's not able to have the thrill of killing the way he wants. He's forced to sacrifice them to the Entity and I think he'd be pretty rebellious towards it and do what he pleases.

He also can't produce music or perform anymore which is something he loves doing more than murder imo. Sure he could probably force the survivors to listen to his performance in the realm but it's just not the same as actual fans who treat him like a god.

Also he most definitely sings/hums his songs as he kills for the Entity.

• Snowstruck
    Snowstruck Member Posts: 564

No problem here!

Here's some more of my sexuality/gender hcs:

Mikaela is non-binary.

Ace is ace. Why not?

Nea & Meg are both gay. I think they are girlfriends.

I think Claud and Dwight are cute, they make a cute awkward dynamic as a couple imo!

• steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225

I like to come up with relationship dynamics between various characters, based on what they have in common.

Kate and Anna would be friends — they both like singing, and could make some sick duets. If I remember the lore correctly, Kate also likes hiking, so I'm sure the Red Forest would be a nice place to hang out for the both of them.

Caleb is a gambling man, based off of the table in the Dead Dawg Saloon; he and Ace would definitely play poker together. Ace would learn not to cheat after being caught the first time.

I also think Jake and Michael would have a tentative friendship. They're both known for being quiet loners — I can imagine them sitting on a log, just looking at crows and enjoying each other's silent company.

For sexuality headcanons, my favourite one is for the Legion: Susie is lesbian, Joey is gay, Julie is bisexual, and Frank is trans (and also bisexual). Why? Well: