Please tell me the BBQ change will make the extra bloodpoints basekit

DoritoHead
DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

You can nerf it in any way you want, I don't care. Just PLEASE do this.

More of a desperate wish than anything, of course. But the devs DID say they were going to be changing some base gameplay mechanics so you never know :)

Comments

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,711

I imagine the basekit BBQ change (if any) will be the bp bonus for playing whatever role is needed that they showed off.

I do hope BBQ keeps it's bp bonus to some degree as well though.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Maybe they will change it too a 100% penalty KEKW

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,933

Nah, with the changes to prestige, you wont need so many bloodpoints.

It IS unhealthy for the game to have perks that are REQUIRED.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

The bloodweb size won't change. Less bp = less addons per game = more basekit trash killers because they are designed strong and then stripped down with their power in addons.

• Zozzy
    edited June 2022

nope. You will have 25k to spend instead of 50k. how does that equal more items? Instead of fully completing a web per game, you will only get half a web done. Perk or no perk.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

The default perks will still be around. You'll need to hit a little over P1 before you have all perks maxed.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

BBQ was implemented to give killers an incentive to leave the hook, by giving the killer new targets. Now if they take the aura reading or the bloodpoint bonus away, this perk would simply vanish.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

That very well may be the case. I didn't even think about that

• keepingitril
    keepingitril Member Posts: 94

How can the same thing come up again and again.

Having BP attached to Perks is poor game design and should have been done away with long ago. A perk should be a modest change that affects your gameplay in some particular way, not the scoring of said gameplay.

There are 7 perks with BP elements attached and hopefully they are all in the 40 group to be updated.

That so many killers run it as a pseudo-crutch for more BP is a different issue.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

And only 2 of those perks apply the bonus points after the match. Which kinda makes the other ones pointless.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,559

Right now BBQ is probably the most game healthy perk for Killers, so I hope they don't nerf it too hard. Just think about it: You get rewarded for moving across the map, hooking multiple people, giving you a reason not to camp and making you more efficient. Without BBQ there is pretty much no perk other than Devour Hope, that gives you a good reason to leave the person you just hooked in order to get some kind of value out of it. Also BBQ is a great perk for beginners since it teaches them about survivor movements.

Would be sad to see that go. Maybe they'll only remove the bonus BP, which would be sad but understandable with the upcoming changes to the grind.

It is poor game design. Just try to calculate how many BP you need for ONE character to be complete. It's ridiculous. With BBQ you got something out of your matches at least. Imagine getting a perfect game with 32000 BP, which is not even enough for one level up! Than with BBQ you easily get 25.000 BP for an ok game and double it. That's a lot better. So without the extra BP you need so much more time to get to that point. Also BBQ is the only perk for Killers that can give you more than 32000 BP for a match. The other perks with Bonus BP cannot do that, since they just make you reach the 8000 BP cap on each category faster. and nothing more.

• Zozzy

you understand that the "grind" is only in relation to perks right? If you take away the extra bp then you will have less addons to use and will be spending more time as a base kit killer.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

Honestly grinding is no fun. If they think that changing things as they said is a good substitute for the 100% blood points bbq and chili gives they are out of their mind. The 100% blood point rate should be base kit and all things that give blood points should lose that attribute. The addons that have negative effects but increase blood point earning such as Wraith and Deathslinger should all be reworked.

I agree it’s bad design to have perks and items give blood points, I would not run We’re gunna live forever and bbq if it weren’t for this but at the same time better that way then making the grind worse. Simply put double the amount of blood points each game gives and remove all blood point modifiers.

• Xernoton

That's true, but honestly do you need to run 1 or 2 specific addons every match? If not you probably won't need as many level ups any more to build a stack of these specific addons, since you can bring different addons. I have a pretty decent amount of addons on most Killers (other than maybe the 1 or 2 addons I never get in my bloodwebs like green chains for Billy) and I think even without BBQ I would be fine. I often play without running addons at all. I'd probably have to see how it would be without BBQ to really make a good guess but that point in particular doesn't bother me as much.

• Zozzy

Depends on your mmr. when you start to reach the areas where nurse and blight are the only viable killers then add-ons mean everything for the other killers.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I feel so bad for killers who get double BP every game. Especially now that survivors are punished by losing add ons, even when a killer is afk or memeing.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

You know we’re gunna live forever is the survivor equivalent right? Killers only get double if they get 4 hooks on 4 different survivors, otherwise it’s multiplied by 25%/50%/75% for 1,2,3 respectively. That’s not me either or afking. Unless they do so after that.

Killers need to hook to get the bonus and survivors need to unhook to get theirs. It can even be the same person or taking a protection hit too for the survivor. Admittedly sometimes it’s harder to get the trigger for it and the effect of we’re gunna live forever is worse then bbq but it’s still not useless and when it does come into play against someone who slugs it is really handy.

• Xernoton

Sorry but that argument isn't viable. Who defines which Killers are viable in what MMR? Is Nurse a weak killer because some can't hit a single blink against survivors that just installed the game? Is Artist bad because I have no idea how to play her? No, but it might feel that way.

If you can't win with specific Killer sometimes it's not only because the Killer is too weak without addons, but because you just didn't play good enough, brought the wrong perks, got a bad map for you or made some bad decisions. Because we have no way of telling our MMR we can only guess that we might be in high MMR. For all we know we could be super far down or super high up. In my opinion there are only few Killers that heavily rely on addons. Of course when you play against the world's best survivors you'll have a hard time with the weaker Killers, but will their addons change that? Mostly not by much. The Doctor will not be able to teleport through objects like Nurse and Myers can't traverse the map in the same way Blight does no matter what addons they bring. Is there still a chance you might win with them? Yes.

• Zozzy

Why is this even an argument? Some guy said less bp = more which isn't true. And now i have this?

Anyone who has played this game for long enough knows when a killer is or is not viable. There is a point in this horribly balanced game where your skill as killer is meaningless and will be surpassed by the physical limitations of the game and mechanics of survivors.

the best sadako player in the world is never going to beat the best survivor comp team. Full stop, no argument. A fully stacked Nurse on the other hand has a chance.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

I guess i'm one of the few killers who use bbq for vision and not points. The points are the bonus, were as i guess alot see it the other way.

• Xernoton

Let's put it that way: Even with addons there is a huge disparity between Killers. On that I think we can both agree. More BP is always better of course and I don't see who ever said otherwise, but most spend BP because they want to unlock the perks, myself included. Building a stack of 200+ addons each (a bit exeggerated, I know) isn't necessary and many players still have those even on good addons, that they actually use. So even if the 100% BP bonus of BBQ was removed I don't think it would overthrow the game as much as you make it out.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

I use it for certain Killers for the aura as well. Billy, Cenobite etc.

• nikodemo
    nikodemo Member Posts: 768

It should be basekit because it encourages healthy play.

• Megmain80
    Megmain80 Member Posts: 138

You’re probably not a very good killer if you rely on bbq to give you incentive to leave the hook. Good survivors will just let you camp that one and do gens.

• Xernoton

I didn't talk about me but when I was new to the game I had a lot of trouble finding survivors so I patrolled an area around the hook. Back then BBQ would have helped me a lot and I don't see why others wouldn't benefit from it as well. It's still a good info perk regardless of how you look at it. Even when survivors split up on gens, espacially then, BBQ comes in clutch.

Also with the right build and killer survivors will have a hard time doing gens fast enough, should you decide to spend some quality time with them on the hook.