Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

PETITION to get rid of SKIN SETS

Snowstruck
Snowstruck Member Posts: 564
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

Nevermind the licensed sets. Those make sense.

However;

THESE? These make NO sense. I'd add them all but that'd take forever.

I've seen a lot of people point and say, "They're sets so there are no skin clipping issues."

But to that I say, genuinely- nobody has ever cared about dang skin clipping issues. And even then- SOME OF THE SETS CLIP INTO THEMSELVES. I have avoided buying skins (such as the Feng skin pictured) because I can't combine it with other skins.

People want to customize their skins!! People want to be able to make their own combinations. If it's a money issue; just stop. You guys will still make money, even if there are no sets in the game.

So I've brought it upon myself to MAKE A PETITION to get RID of SETS (unless they are licensed, duh.)

LINK TO THE PETITION:

https://chng.it/jttB47Kh

Post edited by Snowstruck on

Comments

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

The sad part is dead with the Red Riding Hood inspired Feng Set the cosmetic glitch prove to get that it can be mixed and matched without any issues. At least you could use different head pieces and different leg pieces without any issues using a different body pieces but still.

But even then as you said it clipping issues answer really that much of a problem hell especially with some of them of the sets clipping into each other

• Snowstruck

Yeah. It's really sad :/. I'm sure it's BHVR wanting to get more money out of their skins, but making sets is not the way to do that,,

• Snowstruck

Am I allowed to bump my posts?

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

I'm sorry but that Felix outfit is just offensive in nature.

• Snowstruck
  • Snowstruck

Sign my petition to get rid of skin sets!

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

What's it been, about a year now since the player feedback survey that literally asked "would you like linked sets to be less restricted, ie weapons not linked?"

Since then they've just kept pumping out sets that are linked for no good reason.

Hell look at that Trickster set. It has a lobby animation and they used that as an excuse to charge twice the price and make customisation impossible.

It just comes down to greed, and sadly there's people out there that are going to buy every linked Feng set that comes out just because they can.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

Pretty sure they said they were going to start delinking parts on a case by case basis. This was a year ago...

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

I really like Kate's lyrical goddess outfit, but I'd like to be able to remove the hat. I'd also like to be able to use just the head from that skin on another outfit.

Outside of licensed cosmetics, we should be able to freely mix and match as we see fit with the acknowledgement that we, the player base, accept any clipping/texture issues that may arise from doing so.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Player feedback survey only exists so they can say they listen to their player base.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Oh believe me, I'm well aware of the many PA stunts they pull to pretend they give a ######### about what we say.

Speaking of, when is the next "Soon TM" compilation? Oh, sorry, I mean "Q&A."

• Snowstruck

New example

• Snowstruck

I'm allowed to bump posts like this right?

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

Where do I sign cuz these skin sets need to go away. Takes away from the fun customization and simply limits variety.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860

I know nothing about programming, but I imagine sets are created to avoid clipping- especially with older cosmetics. It’s probably the way the wire frames are created with sets. From us looking on the outside it may look doable, but if they allowed it we may end up with more monstrosities like that dude’s head on Cheryl body (shivers). Or worse, that nightmare fueled clown with only a mask for a head and glowing eyes (shrieks).

They’d probably have to invest a lot of time to make sure each piece plays nice with everything currently in game, and everything to come moving forward. F13, GTAO, and quite a few other games have sets as well.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

It's more about unlocking parts that won't clip,rather than unlocking every single piece.Most of the survivor head pieces can be unlocked with zero clipping.

Also you did not just call Jeryl a monstrosity,he's perfect.

• Snowstruck
    edited June 2022

They have been fine making skins that don't clip in the past. Even if they do, nobody complained abt it really.

As for skins like Jeryl, that's different. Any skin that straight up changes the character would obviously have to be a set. And like I said, liscensed skins.

For example, the nea set that had a headpiece that was half bald;; it never had clipping issues. It showed that their intent isn't about clipping, it's definitely something else.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Sets are ridiculous and awful, but I doubt petitions are going to change their mind. The community has been very clear in its dislike for sets and they keep doing them, so evidently people are buying them anyway and the profit differential between sets and regular releases isn't enough for them to go "hey, maybe we should stop designing these."

I think everyone understands that stuff like Minotaur Oni or certain licenses have to be sets, but other sets like pig guts Twins or pajama Feng are just ridiculous when they get linked despite having no clipping issues even when checked with the cosmetic glitch. Meanwhile, we have stuff like lunar new year Feng or fire moon Yun-Jin that clip wildly with their other outfits but aren't linked - and to that, I can honestly say, who cares? People generally like to make things look nice and bad matches will weed themselves out, and for the outfit mixes that look horrible, you can already do that with plenty of unlinked pieces. Seriously, I invite you to play around with Hag's cosmetics and see what monstrosities you can create. Having someone's hair phasing through a backpack or pants that have a belt that sticks out through a shirt is not an issue compared to that.

I would generally agree with this, but I can recall a time where they actually did. In the Q&A earlier this year, they were 100% against bots ever entering the game in any form. The next survey involved bots and whether players would want to see them in custom matches, and fast forward to the anniversary stream, and custom match bots are on the roadmap. So the feedback they got about bots after the Q&A must have been noticed.

• Snowstruck

That's my point though! Maybe they are finally listening to us? I know it's a lot to wish for, but we've seen some major improvements lately. Who knows

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

There have been ways to break sets since they first came out. Just do that, and when they patch it out, look for the new way to break them again, and do it until patched out.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

They aren't going to, they want to make money

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

The devil works hard but people who find new ways to break sets every patch work harder

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Exactly, so I see nothing to cry about here. And honestly, have you seen bunny Feng? That's the main reason they made sets in the first place. Bunny Feng as a whole is fine. Broken up, with the hood and a different top? Looks horrendous. But yeah, people complaining about sets really need to work on their clicky click skills, it's usually a matter of clicking fast and switching between screens. (not that i would know, i don't own any sets nor do I care, but I know plenty of people who do and shared the info with me in the past and it's always the same kind of exploit to break the sets)

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

They can keep selling them as whole sets, and let people to mix pieces after they purchase it. So it cant be about money only