After hug tech is gone, will blight still be the second strongest killer in the game? (no add-ons)

Even after this change l still believe blight will still be a great killer due to how his power works but removing hug tech will affect him a little.

I personally am not a person who plays blight a lot but I know how hug tech helps you on some occasions, especially in some loops that blight 100% shouldn't be able to catch the survivor if he wasn't using this strategy.

So after this change arrives i wonder if basekit blight will hold in second place since he can no longer hit survivors where he shouldn't.

( let's be real, blight mains will find a new tech lol).

Comments

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

definitely, hug-tech really isn't as vital to his kit as everyone seems to think it is

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

I assume so do blight players really use hug tech every time they get rush hits?

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I definitely think so. Survivors will have a fairer amount of counterplay, but his power will still be pretty strong in chases, and his map pressure will still be really good.

They definitely will also need to look at his op addons as well. And then hopefully buff some of his weaker addons.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

He'll be perfectly fine. Still be 2nd best.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,910

Was the case before hug tech was found.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

First off.. how dare you.

Second off. It is the end of the world.

And he will be zzz tier. And so boring to face and needs more nerfs.

Third off. /s

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

People either dont know what hug tech is or are simply thinking every tech they seen is hug tech. Blight wont change at all after hug tech is gone folks.

Only thing that changes is the one of the easiest techs for controller players will be gone.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

He was a top killer before β€œhug tech” was even a thing. So he’ll still be one even if it didn’t exist.

Also it’s funny that there are so many replies saying they think this is an unpopular opinion but I didn’t notice anybody that actually thinks removing hug tech would take Blight out of S Tier.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I know it wouldn’t, so I’m not sure why so many posts say lots of people think it would.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

All the Blight mains are saying that bump logic is superior anyway. So, the answer is he will still be.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

because people will do anything to protect their perks and gameplay from being nerfed in any manner shape or form, regardless of how miniscule of an effect it could possibly have.

• jakubr21
    jakubr21 Member Posts: 173
    edited June 2022

Overrated, mate stay delusional. Blight will become an M1 killer on most loops on autoheaven for example.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

No, sliding Demogorgon is going to take his rightful place as the second best Killer

• jakubr21
    edited June 2022

I already invited you once to a custom game and you never accepted it, so no idc about your blight rushes and yes you are delusional. And I never said that its the only way to get hits. But still, on many loops, like for example on autoheaven he will actually become m1 killer.

• bloodmoneylove
    bloodmoneylove Member Posts: 12

I play blight without the hug tech it feels comfortable them removing it won't really change anything

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

All the really good Blight players will be just fine and won't even notice the nerf. The bad Blights getting carried by hug tech will have to go back to Wraith or Spirit

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

For sure, unless they gut his addons.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

He will most likely stay as second best, but he will become more map dependant.

Basically Spirit got nerfed more, that's why he will stay second.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

Nothing will change in all honesty since hug techs are more for show than anything else besides at a few loops. It's going to suck trying to traverse indoor maps without it though and getting around the god awful collision some objects/maps have.

• _AdamFrancis_
    _AdamFrancis_ Member Posts: 698

No he will drop to third best behind spirit. Hopefully this change doesn't go thru and they don't gut him

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

He'll still be better than Spirit and the rest by a fairly wide margin.

Likewise, this is assuming the change actually works.

• jakubr21

he will become significantly weaker on filler loops. Probably spirit will take his place, since she can use her power on those loops effectively, he can’t without hug tech.

i just hope the bug fix gets live today

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

Just like how the really good wraith and freddy and spirit and billies were just fine, and didn't even notice the nerfs?

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575

I already consider Spirit to be generally stronger. She isn't map dependent at all unlike him.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
  • LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

with his sheer amount of map pressure? yes.

being able to go from one gen to the other on the opposite side of the map in 8 seconds with a short power cooldown is insane and only second to the nurse

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Can someone explain to me why do Blight need the hug tech if he is already an s teir killer?

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

That's why he has 5 rushes. He has to use those in more complex situations.

Hug Tech makes it so you have to use 2 or 3, depending on the situation. It makes you skip a part of your cooldown if you weren't using all 5.

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 442

"Bad Blights" aren't carried by hug tech. Anyone can hug tech, but the difference between a bad blight with hug tech and a good blight with hug tech is that the good blight is going to be landing a lot more hits. I would say hug tech is a more advanced technique, and newer/lesser seasoned blights wont be able to do much with it.

I have accepted the change, honestly. I'll just find another killer to sink half of my lifetime into. Huntress has been fun recently. The removal of hug tech won't change much. It won't screw over the less skilled blights, because they don't use it at all anyway. It will not screw over the better blights much either, as they already have bump logic and flicks.

Hug tech made blight basically the only killer that you could get cool clips with. Besides maybe Huntress (one of the reasons Ive started to play her more). But then again, doing something cool with any killer will hardly compare to a cool clip from a blight.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Don't expect a change anytime soon if ever.