I hope Sadako gets MAJOR changes now in the next mid-chapter

TheArbiter
TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,491

Now that the Dredge is fully out, it's apparent that Sadako is literally just a worse Dredge, no reason to pick her. I'm hoping that we get some huge buffs for her and not some insignificant changes that will then take over a year before she is touched again.

Comments

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Huh?

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Well i think you could compare Nemesis to Demogorgon if anything. only difference it instead of portals nemmy has zombies

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Press X to doubt.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

I think it is more difficult to modify licensed Killer's, even their unrelated powers to the source material.

Small number tweaks maybe but I think Sadako needs more.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,470

Sadako has a teleport that applies an effect on Survivors that lets them become moriable, Dredge does not.

I'm not saying Sadako is fine, she needs a few changes to become perfect but she is MUCH better than people give her credit for. With the time I've put into her the most effective way to play her that I've found is to force condemned. if you can get a hook, then you go for it. But it isn't your main goal. Doesn't matter if they're at death hook or they're a fresh hook. A fully condemned Survivor is a kill

Actually take the time to learn her, she's super fun when you know how to play her properly

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    edited June 2022

Right, Dredge is a better killer, it’s not “Sadako 2.0” though, the only thing they have in common is broadly speaking they both teleport. To put it another way, Hillbilly and Bubba both use chainsaws for instant downs, but I don’t think Bubba is “Hillbilly 2.0”

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

You're not going to actually get full Condemned unless you snowball and the survivors can't find time to do tapes (at which point you could conventionally win anyway) or the survivors just straight-up ignore TVs and the gens don't get done fast.

It's a little more viable with the Ring Drawing and the purple that makes everyone start out with a tape, but applying Condemned at a greater scale than the occasional interrupted gen has an opportunity cost that generally doesn't pay off. It's very easy to remove, to the point where survivors can do it while you're chasing them as long as they have a health state to burn, and it builds very slowly. People can stay on top of it unless you harass them for an extremely long time and burn through all your TVs. More often, any Condemneds you get are because survivors didn't take it seriously, because in an overwhelming number of Sadako games, they don't have to.

Sadako has always-available-put-poor stealth, good teleporting, and a near-defunct lethality power. Dredge has periodic-but-fairly-effective stealth, much better teleporting, and moderate anti-loop. He's in a better spot than she is.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,491

Dont you think killers should be better balanced so you can pick any killer you like and they will be equally strong??

• Card_Eater
    Card_Eater Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2022

I have played about 70 Sadako games since her release and not once have I seen a survivor get condemned past the first week of her release. Sadako is literally a worse Dredge and you are lying to yourself if you deny it.

They both have:

1. Built-in stationary teleport targets.
    2. A secondary power.

Their differences:

1. Sadako has a virtually non-existent secondary power.
    2. Dredge has a strong anti-loop secondary power.
    3. Sadako has a 100-second cooldown on TVs
    4. Dredge has a 12-second cooldown on his power.
    5. Dredge has nightfall, lowering his teleport cool down even more.

It is so disappointing that BHVR released two nearly identical killers but made one blatantly stronger.

Ninja edit:

Don't you think it is even worse that people can't enjoy the killers of their favorite franchise as much as possible because they released an identical killer that is even stronger? Besides, there are people in the world who enjoy winning. Those people need to be catered to too, not just Timmy and Johhny.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

I think the issue there tends to crop up when people want to play a licensed killer because they like that killer, but that killer is noticeably weaker than the rest of the roster and it feels like a handicap to play the character you want to. Myers is probably the best example there is.

In Sadako's case, it's amplified because there's a killer that's pretty much a straight upgrade to her, much like Deathslinger and Huntress. It's less "Sadako is weak" and more "there's no reason to play Sadako when you could play Dredge."

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Yeah, super threatening condemned. I have survivors in my games intentionally triggering it, tbagging on a hill and doing the TV in my face or triggering it across the map on purpose as a distraction during chase. It's not even a thing unless your survivors are actual potatoes or literal children.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited June 2022

I find it weird that people are arguing that Sadako and The Dredge aren't comparable. They both teleport to a target and build something up on Survivors.

Sadako is weak. She has a bad secondary power and her teleport targets take forever to turn back on and can be shut off by survivors. Her only real power, which is limited to, like, 7 TVs that aren't available all the time and she can have this cut down further by survivors. She has basically no presence in chases. Her condemned is just... nothing. Countered easily by Survivors. Her invis is iffy, especially since it doesn't really ever help you secure downs.

The Dredge's teleport is just flat out better, mainly because he has more choices and he has a much shorter cooldown. He can't lock himself out of his teleport like Sadako can. On top of this he also has a decently strong anti-loop ability and building up of nightfall is not something that can be stopped by Survivors. Also, nightfall makes his chase and map-wide pressure stronger.

It's insane they would release a Killer like this immediately after Sadako, a killer everyone was already asking to be buffed.