The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Long time to find matches in the event as Survivor

AdánAR
AdánAR Member Posts: 118
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

It is just me or finding a match is taking so much time since the event started? And how can i fix that?

Post edited by AdánAR on

Comments

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

Matches have been good for me for the most part.

• AdánAR

@Detective_Jonathan said:
    Matches have been good for me for the most part.

Not for me, it takes like 5 or 6 minutes to find a match. Really they can't do a patch without screwing something of the game?

• dApollyon
    dApollyon Member Posts: 16

Survivor matches? It's because everyone is playing survivor. Not enough killers, I imagine, as it is brutally simple to get event coins as a survivor.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Basically the issue we had with the Halloween event but now on the killer side instead.

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

@AdánAR said:
    It is just me or finding a match is taking so much time since the event started? And how can i fix that?

For the very first time during an event im finding matches in less than 30 seconds at Rank 1!!!

It's Unbelievable!

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

For survivor it's just easier to grind for coins so most players are just playing that resulting in less killers

• tanya3489
    tanya3489 Member Posts: 3
    My group of friends and I have had to deal with half hour to an hour wait time for about a month now. We're about ######### done with it
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    tanya3489 said:
    My group of friends and I have had to deal with half hour to an hour wait time for about a month now. We're about [BAD WORD] done with it
    Play killer, get instant lobbies. 
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

It's the same issue as the Hallowed Blight event. The grind is easier for survivors so more people are playing that role which results in fewer lobbies.

• AdánAR

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    For survivor it's just easier to grind for coins so most players are just playing that resulting in less killers

Here we go again... "For survivors it's easy, event it's so surv sided" like the Halloween Event. Jeez

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

@AdánAR said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Here we go again... "For survivors it's easy, event it's so surv sided" like the Halloween Event. Jeez

I never said it was survivor sided. It's just a shorter grind with survivor instead of killer. Therefore more people want a shorter grind.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888

Its been ridiculously long on PS4.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

And when you DO eventually get one, the ping is in the 350+ range. Matchmaking changes have been a pretty good job so far!

• Tsulan

@AdánAR said:

You can fix that by playing killer. You´ll get instant lobbies.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    I just play survivor because I like survivor... if the killers switching to survivor so easily are doing it just for the event I don’t want to face them as Killer regardless. It sounds like they wouldn’t dedicate themselves to being an actual challenge as a killer.
  • artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    yeah seem to be like 5 minute wait times, then as soon as I get a lobby its 200 ping lmfao. rank 1 at 2 am all over again.
  • AdánAR

@Tsulan said:

@AdánAR said:

I would do but it's not fun as survivor. When i go killer i always got so sweaty SWF groups and I have to go sweaty too with my Spirit (I play her a lot as killer) and playing that way it's so boring. I got 4K but it's stressful sometimes

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

I'm actually grateful: so nice to have nearly instant lobbies as killer.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    edited January 2019
    It feels like Dead By Daylight is dead is on PS4. I am having matchmaking issues as a survivor since the last two months. Not enough killers. Can't play survivor since. I ain't even ranking up. This is at rank 7.
  • Tsulan
    AdánAR said:

@Tsulan said:

@AdánAR said:

I would do but it's not fun as survivor. When i go killer i always got so sweaty SWF groups and I have to go sweaty too with my Spirit (I play her a lot as killer) and playing that way it's so boring. I got 4K but it's stressful sometimes

I think you answered the reason why survivors have long queues yourself. 
  • AdánAR

@Tsulan said:
    AdánAR said:

@Tsulan said:

@AdánAR said:

I think you answered the reason why survivors have long queues yourself. 

I haven't played killer since the event started. I was talking about before, I just don't want to play killer now

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Considering how bad the event is for killers I dont blame them for taking a break or playing survivor.
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    So I hate being that guy...

But being in this circumstance being what it is...

I'm going to be that guy.

Back during the Hallowed Blight, killer mains such as myself were getting 20, 30, 40 minute ques. Sometimes so long that they LITERALLY kicked you back to the main menu screen for having taken so long.

Killers complained, and while changes were made that fixed the majority of the que issues, virtually everything you lot are dealing with now is what we had to deal with then and before ten fold. We got told "Just run survivor and you'll have a faster que" or "Well if you were better at your job you might be able to get your progress filled easier." We're killer mains. We prefer playing killer just as you prefer survivor.

Two wrongs don't make a right. I'm not going to toss those jeers towards the opposite side. I will sit in my chair, holding a drink with a slight smirk on my face and point these points out so that in the future we can recognize an issue for what it is and not simply belittle one side for being a sensitive snowflake who just wants buffs.
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited January 2019

I think the queue issue is a bit different this time.

There may be more survivors playing cause it is a bit easier, but it isn't way out there like the last event.

One of the issues, I feel, which is causing long queue times now is.... Their match making server is getting overloaded.

They had one system running consoles and PC... Then DBD went free on PSN and boom... That system got flooded. So the Devs split the system up. One system doing PC and the other consoles.

So the questions is... Is it actually physically one system doing match making?

If so... Then the queues are probably stemming from the system getting flooded and people waiting in line to get matched up.

Look at the numbers on DBD players playing. It seems everytime there is a big influx of players, the match making goes to #########. They designed a match making system that can't be scaled up by adding in more machines to help load balance.

I don't think it always stems from more survivors playing vs killers, I feel this issue only compounds the main problem of their match making system unable to handle the load. I hope they have this figured out when Dedicated Servers come out.. The pop isn't going to drop when that happens, it will increase quite a bit.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

It's because killers don't get enough points for the event so they are switching to survivor to get those coins

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

@JammyJewels said:
    I just play survivor because I like survivor... if the killers switching to survivor so easily are doing it just for the event I don’t want to face them as Killer regardless. It sounds like they wouldn’t dedicate themselves to being an actual challenge as a killer.

I imagine it is because it grants them the cosmetics faster which they probably are after. I personally play survivor since it is easier and I get to use firecrackers. I'm not a killer main either so...

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

I don use ace,feng or huntress, i dont care the cosmetic. But never be so happy to play killer without waiting so long. AMAZING EVENT!.

• Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270

@tanya3489 said:
    My group of friends and I have had to deal with half hour to an hour wait time for about a month now. We're about [BAD WORD] done with it

It is no one wanting to play killer, not really something that can be fixed without completely ignoring the rank system then people complain that they are always matched with good players when they are new.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@AdánAR said:

You can fix that by playing killer because nobody else wants to play killer

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Survivor matches have been instant for me at rank 10 region. Same with killer matches.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    They actually have to be a killer since even if they are in it for the points they can't let the survivors escape with the vessels they need to destroy. This isn't hallowed blight where everyone can grind and come out on top. 
  • rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475
    edited January 2019

That's how BHVR logic works:
    1 - Schedule a event.
    2 - Make survivor easier to get rewards.
    3 - Wait ... we need 1 killer for every 4 survivors !
    4 - Ok let's do it more atractive to killers then ...
    5 - Nevermind it's launch time and we need to read and laugh at "queue times threads" on forums.

• AdánAR

@rafajsp said:
    That's how BHVR logic works:
    1 - Schedule a event.
    2 - Make survivor easier to get rewards.
    3 - Wait ... we need 1 killer for every 4 survivors !
    4 - Ok let's do it more atractive to killers then ...
    5 - Nevermind it's launch time and we need to read and laugh at "queue times threads" on forums.

Devs really surprise me sometimes. It seems they don't really take his own game in serious. I mean, I got really disappointed with Legion and now this and all the bugs in game? FeelsBadMan

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

@AdánAR said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

No the Halloween event was killer sided?

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

what rank are you

• Tsulan

@AdánAR said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

No the Halloween event was killer sided?

What? Are you serious?
  • LCGaster

Because you get no points for this event by playing killer, no one wants to play killer

• AdánAR

@LCGaster said:
    Because you get no points for this event by playing killer, no one wants to play killer

And killers that i went against last 2 matches were extra sweaty and tunnelers, boring af

• LCGaster
    edited January 2019

@AdánAR said:

@LCGaster said:

And killers that i went against last 2 matches were extra sweaty and tunnelers, boring af

First game I got a face camper

• AdánAR

@LCGaster said:

@AdánAR said:

@LCGaster said:

First game I got a face camper

First game, a Doc on Yamaoka. Tunneled me to death, i ran him for 3 gens