The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is Clown worth buying?

And if you can, any good perks or full on perk builds?

Comments

• Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441
    No, he's really bad. He used to not be too bad, but his power now slows himself down more than it slows survivors down at base. Just save your $7.
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited January 2019
    Maximus7 said:
    No, he's really bad. He used to not be too bad, but his power now slows himself down more than it slows survivors down at base. Just save your $7.
    Can you please explain to me how that is possible? 

For OP, go ahead with your opinion. He has Bamboozle, a huge anti chase. Pop goes the Weasle buys you 20 seconds per use on gens, Clourophobia is meh. He can end  many loops but has no pressure. 
  • Mango_Fett
    Mango_Fett Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2019

@thekiller490490 Yeah the Clown is a weird one he used to be one of my favourite killers to play but for some reason he gets slowed by 15% when throwing a bottle, meaning he drops to the speed of a survivor for a short time. It's a weird addition that I guess was put in to punish him for missed throws but it also takes away from the reward he gets of landing a successful hit and I think he already gets punished by missing because he is now down a bottle.

So yeah idk if I can recommend the Clown tbh, he does have some good perks and he can be fun (especially with STBFL) but he's not all that good unfortunately.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    I strongly recommend him. But just because I find him fun to use, and find him my second favourite Killer. Against good and coordinated Survivors, you will notice Survivors will sometimes go off really fast and there isnt much to do against that. His perks are still really good though.
  • Rorschac
    Rorschac Member Posts: 5
    He’s definitely worth buying, now if you buy the actual dlc or just the clown is up to you. Kate’s perks are eh. But a good build for him is Ruin, BBQ, Enduring, and Spirit Fury. Personally, I like his kit, but it could use some tweaking. Depending on the platform you play on he can be slightly difficult. He can easily force survivors to waste pallets, and even shutdown loops extremely easily. It really depends on your play style though. Hope this helped!
  • Maximus7

@thekiller490490 said:
    Maximus7 said:

Can you please explain to me how that is possible? 

For OP, go ahead with your opinion. He has Bamboozle, a huge anti chase. Pop goes the Weasle buys you 20 seconds per use on gens, Clourophobia is meh. He can end  many loops but has no pressure. 

So you used to slow down by 15% when you threw a bottle. This number got changed to something ridiculous, idk the exact value. But you now slow down to survivor walk speed. Also his intoxication effect with his gas lasts all of 2 seconds at base, which just isn't enough time to catch up to survivors. He used to be fine, but some patch shadow-nerfed/bugged his power into uselessness.

• Maximus7

Also Clown is a really buggy mess compared to other killers. I recommend literally any other killer.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Clown is awesome he really helps at those loop spots, although I can’t give you a build because my perks on him are a mess.

• Maximus7

Ok, time to break this down.

@DudeDelicious said:
    Honestly pay these haters no mind. The clown is really REALLY good. You already need to be pretty damn good at chases and preempting where survivors will run to, but his Afterpiece tonic is GOLD. Just be strategic with your add-ons such as using solvent jug if there are a heap of survivors in the lobby you expect will be using exhaustion perks.

So first, he's add-on dependent. Therefore not good. Second, survivors you expect will be using exhaustion perks? You mean literally every survivor?

@DudeDelicious said:
    Yes you slow for a split second when throwing a bottle. Spilt second, no big deal.

First off, it's a full second of slow. Second, this full second can lose you chases because you slow down to survivor walk speed. The survivors slow down by what, 10-15% for 2 seconds? You lose distance at base.

@DudeDelicious said:
    Make sure you’re closing in on survivors before lobbing any bottles rather than lobbing bottles from a distance. Lobbing a bottle just as you’re closing in on them will almost certainly slow the survivor enough for a guaranteed hit every single time. It’s very satisfying.

You mean when the killer would hit the survivor with his M1 already? So it's satisfying to use a useless power that doesn't help at all?

@DudeDelicious said:
    There are fantastic perk combos that work awesome with the clown, too many for me to go into here, but Coulrophobia, Distressing, Sloppy Butcher, and Bloodhound means you will always ALWAYS find your injured survivors. I’ve gotten No One Escaped many many times with this perk combo. 

This build is way too overkill when nobody wants to heal. You have nothing to help you in the chase or help stall the gen rush. Sloppy Butcher might help you snowball, but that's a stretch.

• Mango_Fett
    edited January 2019

@DudeDelicious said:
    Honestly pay these haters no mind. The clown is really REALLY good. You already need to be pretty damn good at chases and preempting where survivors will run to, but his Afterpiece tonic is GOLD. Just be strategic with your add-ons such as using solvent jug if there are a heap of survivors in the lobby you expect will be using exhaustion perks. Yes you slow for a split second when throwing a bottle. Spilt second, no big deal. Make sure you’re closing in on survivors before lobbing any bottles rather than lobbing bottles from a distance. Lobbing a bottle just as you’re closing in on them will almost certainly slow the survivor enough for a guaranteed hit every single time. It’s very satisfying. There are fantastic perk combos that work awesome with the clown, too many for me to go into here, but Coulrophobia, Distressing, Sloppy Butcher, and Bloodhound means you will always ALWAYS find your injured survivors. I’ve gotten No One Escaped many many times with this perk combo. 

Seriously? Haters? OP asked if Clown was worth buying and I gave my honest opinion because he is one of my most played killers. Also idk if would say his power is "gold," a lot of the time survivors can just reach pallets in time despite being intoxicated. And sure the slow down when throwing doesn't matter at loops but it does affect him if they are a good distance away and can dodge it, the slow he gets is just a dumb feature honestly as Clown is far from one of the best killers.

Clown is a fun character but he's really not that great imo, he's supposed to be good in chase and counter looping but there are a lot of other killers that are much better in chase and unfortunately for Clown he has literally no map pressure so gens pop very quickly against him.

• Mango_Fett

@Rogis_Right_Hand btw I forgot to mention but the build I use on Clown is Ruin, Save the Best for Last, Bamboozle and Enduring. idk if it's the best honestly, I've been messing with it recently.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited January 2019
    Clown is worth picking up purely for bambozle alone. I notice op billys your profile pic let me just point out bambozle massively help getting chainsaws at vault locations. As an indivigial killer he is a little reliant on add ons i agree the base slow is kinda crap but his add ons can really hurt a survivours movement.

Hes not a fantastic killer because his mobility is lacking which imo is a deal breaker if you want a tier 1 excellent killer. Large maps screw these kind of killers so i can only recomend him with good add ons most of his perks are powerful but hes still a middle of the road killer.

He is a satisfying killer to play its just the gen rush meta makes him just god awful. I hope this helps you make smart decision on whether hes worth it. 
  • TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Speaking as a Clown main: Clown is riddled with bugs that people ignore because "his power is good." His power is certainly good but it's inherently worse than the likes of Huntress. Without addons (Flask of Bleach being his most powerful one by a country mile) he's really bad, mainly because his 15% slow slows him down by 15% when he uses it.
    His perks are very good. Bamboozle is god tier and Pop Goes the Weasel is great on more mobile killers like Hillbilly. Down2ClownPhobia is kinda iffy but it can be good on the likes of Doctor or other killers with large terror radiuses, and is exceptionally good when combined with Nurse's Calling.

• perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77

He is not great, but if you learn to play him he is decent. Pop goes the weasel is good, coulrophobia is meh, bamboozle is bad. Is he worth it? The DLC isn't expensive, and you might enjoy playing the clown. It's up to you to decide.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

At base he's pretty underwhelming but he can be quite good when you're decked out.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Rogis_Right_Hand said:

You might want to buy him for bamboozle, other than that, no.

If you have some shards saved up, go ahead. Maybe he will get buffed some time (probably not)

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604
    edited January 2019

@perotx said:
    bamboozle is bad

Don't know what meme to use here.

or

• perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77

@TigerKirby215 said:

@perotx said:
    bamboozle is bad

or

Against competent survivors you get hits on vault places, not pallets. If you block a vault space, survivor will just move on to the next vault place or a pallet. Besides, the block is not even that long. Anyone above rank 10 can confirm that bamboozle is not just a waste of a perk, but actually something that works against you.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

@perotx said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

@perotx said:
    bamboozle is bad

or

Against competent survivors you get hits on vault places, not pallets. If you block a vault space, survivor will just move on to the next vault place or a pallet. Besides, the block is not even that long. Anyone above rank 10 can confirm that bamboozle is not just a waste of a perk, but actually something that works against you.

Depends... Bamboozle can be a great perk depending on the map. Its situational and only good against excellent survivors. Say, a longwindow jungle gym spawns next to a palletloop or a T-wall or even shack. A good survivor can loop those setups for very long times and bamboozle can cut the most important window.
    Its also pretty good in general against shack (if the survivor is good).

Very situational and not a perk to vault T-walls with. But it can be toptier against toptier survivors on strong maps.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    edited February 2019

@Rogis_Right_Hand said:

As a killer he's stronger than Trapper but weaker than Spirit, his mori is really creepy and i do enjoy his hearty laugh when he hits a survivor. Perk wise Bamboozle is pretty strong in some circumstances, pop is really strong on high mobility killers like Spirit, Wraith, and Legion. Coulrophobia is decent on a Sloppy Butcher Distressing Doc/ Freddy build.

• Maximus7
    perotx said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

@perotx said:
    bamboozle is bad

or

Depends. It's almost mandatory on Wraith because even jungle gyms screw him over so hard. Otherwise, it's not bad but it's overrated as hell
  • artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    no