The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Tunnelling on ps4

waffles4all
waffles4all Member Posts: 40
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
I got tunnelled off the hook every game l played today. I don't teabag or use decisive and it still happens. It's the most frustrating thing waiting 5 to 10 minutes only for this to happen. Please just do something about it, the killers that l see do it every game don't care about losing blood points 

Comments

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

There is nothing that can be done.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    I got tunnelled off the hook every game l played today. I don't teabag or use decisive and it still happens. It's the most frustrating thing waiting 5 to 10 minutes only for this to happen. Please just do something about it, the killers that l see do it every game don't care about losing blood points 
    What blood points would they even really lose from tunnelling though? Maybe a few points from one less hit but that's about all
  • LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    Sounds like your teamates farmed you.
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited January 2019

The killer is suppose to kill and if your team is hook farming then that’s not the killers fault.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    If you just got off the hook in the killers TR, don't blaim the killer trying to win. Blame you sucky teammates. (If you want come to the killer side, we have pudding and you don't have to deal with bad teammates) if you are chosen for chasing every time at the start then that's just the killers choice. 

In terms of you not running DS, thank you very much (from killer main) but it could be your teammates running it and the killer chose you because they would rather not deal with DS. (Seriously, Come over. We still have pudding) 
    I am personally a rank 13 survivor, and good damn the amount of campers and tunnelers here is a lot.. 
  • metalmelterb
    metalmelterb Member Posts: 5

This moonrise event seems to be promoting tunnelling. Just a couple measly points toward a coin for hooking someone, might as well hang around and get them again while the person is already hurt... I don't tunnel because I feel it's scummy and i don't care about getting a pip. I'd rater stay around rank 10 and not deal with the high rank survivor toxicity anyway. I will be playing survivor during this event because it's not only easier to get those points, you also get bonus blood points for hanging on to a lantern throughout the match.

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157

It's been hell today with this... every single match my friend and i are getting tunneled and camped. I really wish they'd get rid of the rank system so that it would be more of a surprise what you will get in a match. rank 10 and down are all camping tunneling killers. Not fun at all. Even if your team is "hook farming" its NOT fun for the one being camped and tunneled anyway!!!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@waffles4all said:

Only if there is somethign done about survivors tunneling gens

• AussieYato
    AussieYato Member Posts: 14

@RoKrueger said:
    We killers don't use the word "tunnel". A survivors made up word to try to dismiss a perfect valid tactic. I always try to eliminate the weakest survivor first,  the one that's only good at doing generators, it makes the rest of the match easier.
    The counterplay is: Don't be the weakest survivor of the group.

Incidentally, I usually am the weakest survivor when playing that role  ;)

Yep.. I have a guide as killer to how the tide of the match is going 1 gen done or before it someone needs to be hooked, 2 gens done someone needs to die, how do you make that happen? go for someone who's already been hooked to eliminate them, gotta try and eliminate people before the game gets to 1 gen left or its gg or a very boring 3 gen lock down unless you run noed which survivors whine about too, if there are 2-3 survivors left with 2-3 gens left odds are they aren't all making it out unless someone can run the killer around buying a lot of time. My games though I recognise quickly who is wasting my time and taking too long and go back to the gens and getting people off them and picking off the ones who aren't as strong runners. Also an injured survivor who is a good runner takes less time to down than one fully healed so killers may return to make sure you aren't getting back to full health for another run around.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

@waffles4all said:

Why would they be losing blood points by "tunnelling" someone? i don't understand. A dead target is a dead target

They are eliminating a weaker target and reducing the likelyhood all 5 gens get done it's perfectly valid.

Don't wanna get "tunnelled"? find better teammates that won't pull you off the hook under the killers nose or run Borrowed Time.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited February 2019

@GolgiNea said:
    It's been hell today with this... every single match my friend and i are getting tunneled and camped. I really wish they'd get rid of the rank system so that it would be more of a surprise what you will get in a match.

Do you play killer or survivor because i promise you if you are a rank 10 killer and get red ranked survivors that are decent at running and looping the only surprise would be if the killer doesn't ALT+F4 in the opening 2 minutes.

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    I have made several comments about this. PS4 is a toxic wasteland and killers refuse to get good at the game so they use cheap tactics to get a quick win or just a safety pip so they can remain in high ranks where they don't belong.
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Survivor "teammates" often do unsafe unhooks when the Killer is still there or jist barely left.  There is no foul for the Killer to 180 and go back and get you and Your farming teammate.  I jad this happen when playing as Myers.  Not 3 seconds from hooking someone did someone unhook em...Iem...I also had Tier 3 ready to pop... Got a 2 for one in that case.

You're gonna have to deal with it sadly, Ive been farmed, had it happen to me, back to back in a match today.  Unless you can get 2-3 friends to play with you to maybe mitigate that happening, it's jus gonna be a thing that can happen.
  • RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

If it's immediately off hook, blame your teammates for unhooking with the killer right there (even worse, without running BT). If given the option between someone who will take 2 hits to down vs 1 hit, it's likely the killer will go for the easier option, especially if a few gens are already done with no one sacrificed yet. That's on your team for playing like jerks tbh.

If it's well after unhook but before healing, practice stealth (don't heal under/near hook unless you know it's 100% safe, head somewhere the killer won't be like a completed gen, etc). Also try out breakdown so you can see where the killer is and head the other direction.

• Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261
    TreemanXD said:

The killer is suppose to kill and if your team is hook farming then that’s not the killers fault.

To survivors everything is killers fault
  • Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270

@Master said:

@waffles4all said:

What do you mean tunnelling gens?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Dead_by_David said:

@Master said:

@waffles4all said:

Killer hooks a survivor => survivor at 33% objective completion
    Killer hooks same survivor => survivor at 66% objective completion (tunneling)
    Killer hooks same survivor => survivor at 100% objective completion (tunneling)

or alternatively non-tunneling:
    Killer hooks other survivor => 2 survivor at 33% objective completion
    Killer hooks other survivor => 3 survivor at 33% objective completion

Survivors perspecitve:

Survivor repairs a gen partly => gen at 33%
    Survivor keeps repairing that gen => gen at 66%
    Survivor keeps repairing that gen => gen at 100% (tunneling gens)

Survivor repair other gen partly => 2 gen at 33%
    Survivor repair other gen partly => 3 gen at 33%

Yes it sounds ridiculous, every player would tunnel if he wants to play optimally. But hey, I didnt come up with the term tunneling :wink:

• Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270
    Master said:

@Dead_by_David said:

@Master said:

@waffles4all said:

Killer hooks same survivor => survivor at 66% objective completion (tunneling)
    Killer hooks same survivor => survivor at 100% objective completion (tunneling)

Killer hooks other survivor => 2 survivor at 33% objective completion
    Killer hooks other survivor => 3 survivor at 33% objective completion

Survivors perspecitve:

Survivor keeps repairing that gen => gen at 66%
    Survivor keeps repairing that gen => gen at 100% (tunneling gens)

Survivor repair other gen partly => 2 gen at 33%
    Survivor repair other gen partly => 3 gen at 33%

Yes it sounds ridiculous, every player would tunnel if he wants to play optimally. But hey, I didnt come up with the term tunneling :wink:

People put far to much thought into this game XD you didn't take into account the time I spend searching for clues!