The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Are you happy with Wesker as a killer choice?

GlamourousLeviathan
GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981
edited May 2022 in Polls

Resident Evil is a franchise full of interesting villains. It's a very positive thing that we are getting another RE chapter but... Wesker? Really? I know they haven't confirmed it but it's very likely to be the case. Needless to say I'm not a big fan of that choice. I just think there are other far better options for a second RE killer. In my opinion, I would much rather have a killer from the last two RE games since they have different motifs and themes from Nemesis, which would give variety to the game. Also, I'm just not a big fan of Wesker's design in his both forms and I don't see him having a power much different from Nemesis.

With that being said, what do you think? Are you happy with Wesker coming to DbD or would you prefer it was someone else?

Are you happy with Wesker as a killer choice? 84 votes

I'm happy with Wesker
47%
GibberishMiriamGdanielbird11SacrilegeGGMalkhrimMyNameIsMud96AGMSebaOutbreaktenoresaxEmealWarcrafter4ezmindgamesWampiritaleviivelBrokenbonesdarkcloudlinkReverseVelocityKateMain86AnchorTeaTheArbiter 40 votes
No, I would prefer Dimitrescu
8%
Nos37TaigaAdjathaViskodjesterkindMarc_123ihateboons 7 votes
No, I would prefer Jack Baker
9%
GlamourousLeviathanCheeseAntonDoritoHeadQwQwstickthemanDredgenWar237XendritchChaellooo 8 votes
No, I would prefer Mr. X
8%
musstang62SuperSaiyan4GTFobboGannTMPSPTheMruczekFunky_lPunk 7 votes
No, I would prefer Marguerite Baker
0%
No, I would prefer Beneviento
1%
IlliterateGenocide 1 vote
No, I would prefer someone else entirely
25%
M4dBoOmrkodiakyanarchy753MunqaxusHellraisingPredatorbjorksnasTatariuChurchofPigsteponmeadirisfliyaway126GazgemauchHaunterofShadowsThatOneDemoPlayerAurelleBennett_They1ThemGarlicRicePlsfix369BothSidesEnjoyerErendriel_00keptinkerk 21 votes

Comments

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Alternately: Chief Mendez / Salazar's Right Hand.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    I'm happy with Wesker

Seven poll choices.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    edited May 2022
    I'm happy with Wesker

Wesker's been there since the beginning, the very first Resident Evil game. He deserves it.

While I am happy that we're most likely getting him as a killer, I can't help but worry about what kind of Killer he'll be. I'm guessing he'll be based on Resident Evil 5 for obvious reasons, but... dunno. Wesker isn't as straightforward as other licensed killers. He has a LOT going for him (and looks and acts very different in each game he's been), so who knows what we'll actually get. Here hoping that he's actually strong and fun to play.

P.S: Mr. X could easily be a skin for Nemesis, with a few visual changes here and there.

P.S 2: I'd LOVE it if he had the ability to run insanely fast all across the map, just like in RE5.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

While obviously Lady D is the best choice (with close second being a tie between Jack Baker and Heisenberg), I do think the sheer deranged insanity of picking Wesker is entertaining in its own way, so I'm not that upset.

• GlamourousLeviathan

Ikr, it's probably the single most questionable choice they have made since deciding to create Trickster.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

Trickster makes perfect sense, fits into DBD's aesthetic and tone perfectly, and has a really compelling story concept to boot.

Wesker is legitimately the weirdest and least fitting thing that'll have ever come to the game, at least based on what I know. I won't pretend to be an RE superfan, but I've picked things up here and there and I've seen some clips.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
    No, I would prefer Beneviento

Hey, Since Wesker. SHEVA SKIN PLEASEEEE

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    I'm happy with Wesker

Birkin would have been cool imo but I think Wesker is a great choice too.

• GlamourousLeviathan

I completely disagree on the Trickster thing, but that's off-topic.

Yeah, Wesker is probably the worst choice I can think of for a RE killer. He only gets his closure on RE5 which is one of the least liked RE games ever and plays more like an action game than a horror game. I can see Wesker being the choice for a license in a shooter game, but as a killer in DbD it just doesn't sit right with me.

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    I'm happy with Wesker

When I saw RE was announced for DBD, I was hoping it would be Wesker. I’m happy to see he’ll finally be joining the cast alongside Nemmy.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374
    I'm happy with Wesker

Wesker and he MUST have a voice line at the start of every match that says "You should've brought more."

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118

I love Wesker just not sure how he'll work in DBD. I guess they will go with his Uroboros form. If we weren't having Wesker I would probably say Jack Baker or Birkin would be fun options. People wanting Lady D I think she'd be a weak option personally, she would be like a taller Freddy.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I’ve never played Resident Evil so have no opinion on any of these people.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

I dont know her!

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

Birkin who transforms somewhat every time a generator is finished becoming more deadly, or Dimitrescu since she was woefully underused in her actual game despite Capcoms marketing.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 308
    I'm happy with Wesker

I'm happy because he's one of my favourite characters, tho I love scary looking characters and I must admit that there are far creepier (looks) options they could have chosen from the franchise.

At the same time, I'm scared of how he's gonna be represented. Because seeing him as a bad killer would break my heart :(

Overall I'm happy and looking forward to it!

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

As a Resident Evil fan since playing the original WoW What a Mansion! on my PS1, I am just so sick and tired of Albert expletive Wesker. Anyone else. Please. Anybody.

• Gazgemauch
    Gazgemauch Member Posts: 39

im fine with wesker, but as a resident evil character of choice i personally would've preferred something less human looking yet still somewhat iconic like william birkin

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I don't mind Wesker, but I would much prefer Chief Mendez or The Verdugo. Maybe even Birkin. Those guys were much scarier than Wesker.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    I'm happy with Wesker

Okay, I'm SO happy with it!!! I have been playing RE to see him, he just interested me since I started. But it seems every game I play doesn't have much of him. So I'm happy he's getting some screen time. I just feel like he doesn't have much story compared to others. But I haven't completed some of the middle games so that is waiting to be seen.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 295
    I'm happy with Wesker

I'm not truly "happy with Wesker", I'm more like "ok, he can do fine". I don't really have any favoritism for any character in the franchise, though when it was first announced that RE would come in game I was rooting more for Mr X than Nemesis because it seemed more practical and functional in my head, but it turned out that Nemesis could fit pretty well, so I'm considering this with Wesker now.

Particularly I don't like Jack nor Dimitrescu (neither Birkin) as possibilities at all, but would not mind if they came in game anyway.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Where is the "I don't care" option?

• Lekitzul
    I'm happy with Wesker

If I'm not mistaken, the screenshot of Wesker looked like he was infected and had a whip thing, so he should still play similiarly to Nemi.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809
    I'm happy with Wesker

I AM happy with Wesker, but i have absolutely no idea how he can work in dbd

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

I think I would legitimately rather have Nikolai from RE3 over Wesker. Please, just anyone else.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514

Lady D with a castle map.

Would be nice.

Wesker is ok but i don´t like Matrix RE5 Wesker very much and i think this is what we are getting.

Maybe some of the other monsters would fit but they are mostly to big for DbD.

I just hope the chapter will be good. Rebecca and Ada could be nice.

• Chaellooo
    Chaellooo Member Posts: 106

I don't know anything about wesker played both re 2 remake and re 7 so my choice is going to be jack

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,924
    I'm happy with Wesker

Wesker isnt a horror, but he IS a Killer.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514

There is this picture - i hope he not just kind of a Nemesis reskin with a "tentacle" that infects you...

• vanGlasse1
    I'm happy with Wesker

I think you're reffering to this image (?)

If so, it is not truly done by the DBD team at all, and as far as I'm aware they themselves didn't really use it for teasing in any way, that was more like the community using this image as a visual example of him when talking about it.

Speculation points however that he might have a infection mechanic, but as far as we know there is no clear info on how it will be, could be like Pig's RBT, Freddy's Dream State, Plague's corruption, sure maybe Nemesis (tho I wouldn't bet on them being silly to do the same playstyle on a killer that is from the same franchise), or something entirely new. I wonder if they will be adding any AI aspect on him as well, I could imagine him having some zombie dog(s) to give him a hand though I don't think the devs would invest on such a thing at the moment.

Let's hope it turns out good!

• Lekitzul
    I'm happy with Wesker

That wasn't the picture, but it was similar. He was bare chested and he had like, the zombie infection over his chest and his arm. Dunno if its real or not, but a cool concept. If its a whole other chapter, it's probs not gonna be a skin for Nemi, but him as a whole new character. Personally, I would just have one character per franchise and just have multiple skins on that character. Like I dunno why Leon and Jill can't just be skins of each other, kinda like Cherl and her skins from Silent Hill.

• vanGlasse1
    edited June 2022
    I'm happy with Wesker

yeah, I think for most of the cases Legendary skins do the work of adapting other characters from the same franchise pretty well, tho I won't lie that I enjoy when there's more (like in the case of Leon and Jill being separate characters) because the ammount of content is consequently a bit bigger (perks, achievements and all)

• Petforces
    Petforces Member Posts: 42
    I'm happy with Wesker

I'm excited, I just hope its Trench coat Wesker, not mutated shirtless Wesker. Also PLZ PLZ PLZ don't give him a running move like Oni/Hillbilly. I personally HATE those moves and on console are a nightmare to try and do. Also DC Douglas as the voice actor would be the icing on the cake!

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I'm voting this for the opinion that we shouldn't have a second RE chapter at all. There's a lot of horror out there that a lot of people want in the game, I don't like the idea of duplicate licenses.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Birkin would've been better

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598

wesker is.. a boring choice

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

His right hand comes off?

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I'm fine with Wesker as a killer. But imo the RE Franchise has some better villains for dbd in it. Specifically Jack Baker or Mother Miranda

• DredgenWar237
    DredgenWar237 Member Posts: 85

I really don't like Wesker. I'm a huge RE fan, I ######### hate Wesker. He's so post-2000's it hurts. I even like cliché characters, but there's only so much cliché you can fit before its corny, "so bad it's good"-iness becomes just bad. I, personally, would prefer Jack Baker, Willaim Birkin, or Karl Heisenberg (in that order) as killers.