Boil Over Buff

ItsDaEmuDood
ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

Just make Boil Over increase wiggle speed by 4%/8%/12%. It's so simple. Even if you remove all the other effects it offers, it'd still be able to work, especially if they rolled out that new Decisive rework a few months back (the one where it would've just stunned and held the Killer in place while the Survivor could still wiggle and the Killer could still be blinded or stunned with a pallet). So keep the struggling effects increased by 25%/50%/75%, and just remove the part about hiding hooks. We all know that was doing anything past Rank 12, and that effect used to be built in, so when you walk near a hook, its aura would dim out. The devs decided to make the hook auras stay all the time and gave that disappearing effect to Boil Over, which is plain lazy in my opinion. It's canceled out by Iron Grasp, so that could see a rise, and it's not a huge difference maker, but stil worth running as a perk, kind of like Brutal Strength or Even Botany Knowledge. Please devs? Simple buff, and it doesn't shake the meta even a bit.

Comments

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

I honestly feel cheated by Boil Over's effect. It's pretty much pointless. I really don't think an increased wiggle speed perk would be that OP.

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422
    Wiggling is to stop killers from going basement, that's it. 12% shaves off about 2 seconds which can be the major difference, leading to ANOTHER chase
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Honestly Boil Over needs some love. It's so weak. Of the times I used it, it got me close twice. It makes it so they're less likely to go to nearby hooks, but there's hooks everywhere and they can easily make the ones they can see at the distance Boil Over covers.

@Mr_Myers The perk is bad. There's NO point in running it as is. It's pointless. IMO Kate's perks aren't very good. WoO is good for newbies and for people who want to see pallets and window spots. Dance With Me is only really good when combined with one or two other perks. Boil Over is pointless. A perk shouldn't be pointless, especially one that is connected to a character. Her perks are pretty weak overall.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

That problem with that perk is that combined with sabotage it's hell for the killer. Once I was experimenting with it and I bullied a Wraith with Agitation 3 who couldn't hook me for more than 3 minutes (I was the last survivor). Got enough survival points from wiggling free that I didn't even care anymore about surviving.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    I wonder if it’s different on pc because on ps4, while it does feel moot a lot of times, when you’re the killer tier 3 can actually stop you from moving altogether. It may feel weak as a survivor, but I definitely notice it as a killer. 
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

There's NO point in running it as is. It's pointless. IMO Kate's perks aren't very good. WoO is good for newbies and for people who want to see pallets and window spots. Dance With Me is only really good when combined with one or two other perks. Boil Over is pointless. A perk shouldn't be pointless, especially one that is connected to a character. Her perks are pretty weak overall.

Killer perks would love to have a word with you.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

It definitely needs a buff and I would be perfectly fine with increasing the wiggle speed. However, I would want to keep the hook aura effect so that it's not similar to Iron Grasp.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@ItsDaEmuDood said:
    Just make Boil Over increase wiggle speed by 4%/8%/12%. It's so simple. Even if you remove all the other effects it offers, it'd still be able to work, especially if they rolled out that new Decisive rework a few months back (the one where it would've just stunned and held the Killer in place while the Survivor could still wiggle and the Killer could still be blinded or stunned with a pallet). So keep the struggling effects increased by 25%/50%/75%, and just remove the part about hiding hooks. We all know that was doing anything past Rank 12, and that effect used to be built in, so when you walk near a hook, its aura would dim out. The devs decided to make the hook auras stay all the time and gave that disappearing effect to Boil Over, which is plain lazy in my opinion. It's canceled out by Iron Grasp, so that could see a rise, and it's not a huge difference maker, but stil worth running as a perk, kind of like Brutal Strength or Even Botany Knowledge. Please devs? Simple buff, and it doesn't shake the meta even a bit.

Boil over, vigil, freddy and nurse need some love (jk nurse is broken af) I just dont see any wiggle diference to the default wiggle speed/with the boil over speed.. it's just a waste slot. Killers should move more and they can't see hooks in 12/15/19 meters.. it's just so easy to see hooks so that's not gonna affect..

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422

Honestly Boil Over needs some love. It's so weak. Of the times I used it, it got me close twice. It makes it so they're less likely to go to nearby hooks, but there's hooks everywhere and they can easily make the ones they can see at the distance Boil Over covers.

@Mr_Myers The perk is bad. There's NO point in running it as is. It's pointless. IMO Kate's perks aren't very good. WoO is good for newbies and for people who want to see pallets and window spots. Dance With Me is only really good when combined with one or two other perks. Boil Over is pointless. A perk shouldn't be pointless, especially one that is connected to a character. Her perks are pretty weak overall.

Besides Dance with Me Kate's perks kinda suck which is a shame since people play her for her personality
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Boil over is one of those perka that is either meh or o OP AF. I am fine with meh. On console it actually works to make killers run into things because the side-to-side motion is really hard to counter with a stick. I personally love watching killers have a hard time getting to the hook, even if it doesn't work 
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Shad03 said:

There's NO point in running it as is. It's pointless. IMO Kate's perks aren't very good. WoO is good for newbies and for people who want to see pallets and window spots. Dance With Me is only really good when combined with one or two other perks. Boil Over is pointless. A perk shouldn't be pointless, especially one that is connected to a character. Her perks are pretty weak overall.

Killer perks would love to have a word with you.

My point still stands. There shouldn't be pointless perks for either side.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    edited January 2019

@Mr_Myers said:
    Wiggling is to stop killers from going basement, that's it. 12% shaves off about 2 seconds which can be the major difference, leading to ANOTHER chase

I honestly feel like Boil Over doesn't even affect killers. Every time I run it, the killer walks in a perfect straight line towards their destination. Sometimes, killers use Boil Over to their advantage; turning in just the right way to give themselves a boost. It's awful.

• micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95

@ItsDaEmuDood said:
    Just make Boil Over increase wiggle speed by 4%/8%/12%.

A lot of people already think that this is what Boil Over does.

• Didiez
    Didiez Member Posts: 51

I think that would be a boost to boil over if the killer couldn't see the hook auras. When on 45% of the wiggle, then the killer could see the aura of the hooks. cause it's not difficult to find a hook at all. you can see it without aura. (Yes, would help with Decisive Strike, but since they said that they are reworking it, I think that this would be a viable buff).

• perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77

I think most people, even those who call pretty much anything viable OP and toxic, will agree that not only does this perk need a buff, but also that this effect should have been there all along. I'm all for the extra wiggle speed.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    holy ######### if open handed affected boil over
  • e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

I think we need to go right back to the basics and make killers actually have to work for their kills, not just expect a hook to be well within their range, I mean because they are! Most of them are easily within arms

Currently if you get to 99.9999% wiggle bar it affords you nothing. Make it so however far along the wiggle free meter has progressed, say you get hooked at 50% progress you then have a 50% chance to wiggle free from the hook. Same as if you got to 98% you now have a 98% chance to escape from the hook.

This wouldn't be a perk, this would be the default build that effects everyone. And then boil over is not so useless after all.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited February 2019

@e8Lattice said:
    I think we need to go right back to the basics and make killers actually have to work for their kills,

They do, they find you spent time chasing you no doubt dodging wood constantly, then they have to catch you again when you DS, then avoid flashlights, body blocking and more pallets.

Wiggle speed no, Wiggle is there simply so the killer can't basement you every time.

I would be for the hiding hook radius to be bigger so the killer has to be more careful at where the nearest hook is.

• ItsDaEmuDood

@e8Lattice said:
    I think we need to go right back to the basics and make killers actually have to work for their kills, not just expect a hook to be well within their range, I mean because they are! Most of them are easily within arms

Currently if you get to 99.9999% wiggle bar it affords you nothing. Make it so however far along the wiggle free meter has progressed, say you get hooked at 50% progress you then have a 50% chance to wiggle free from the hook. Same as if you got to 98% you now have a 98% chance to escape from the hook.

This wouldn't be a perk, this would be the default build that effects everyone. And then boil over is not so useless after all.

So basically, if there isn't a hook right next to the Killer, it's almost a guaranteed kobe? No. Not at all. I play both Killer and Survivor equally, and that's just plain unfair. And it's built in? On top of DS? On top of flashlights? On top of bodyblocking? Please reconsider.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I'm fine with this change.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Its fine, the perk just received an indirect increase in effectiveness from the hook spacing. Wiggling shouldn't deny a hook without team assistance or the killer underestimating the distance. Its practically a count down and you should move away from hooks to maximize your escape potential. 
  • tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Let me remind everyone, that Kate's Boil Over is a teachable at 40, lol! (That's the highest level unlockable).

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Increase all current levels of wiggle by 25%

Increase hook blindness by x meters.

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

Make the base wiggle free bar across the board for all survivors without any perks added the same as the % chance to de-hook yourself once hooked.

• If you got to 10% along the wiggle free bar that's a 10% chance to de-hook yourself.
    • If you got to 50% along the wiggle free bar that's a 50% chance to de-hook yourself.
    • If you got to 99.9% along the wiggle free bar that's a 99.9% chance to de-hook yourself.

Gives some incentive for the killer to get to the closest hook as possible (bearing in mind the closest one is usually as simple as taking 2 steps and whacking yourself in the face with a rake because there are about the same number of hooks as there are blades of grass)

Make killer fun again, take all the easy and the boring out and replace it with satisfaction for nuanced tactics successfully implemented.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

@e8Lattice said:

Yeah man the chase, the jungle gyms, the exhaustion effects, the immersed survivors with UE, the pallets, the loops, the blinds, the decisive strikes....none of that is the killer working for the kill, it's all about that time period when the survivor is on your shoulder!

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited February 2019
    Boil over cant be allowed to be good because ds exists. The rework for ds is scrapped btw so boil over will remain to be a an inconsistent perk. Much like bloodwarden, monstrous shrine, detectives hunch etc.

Kate isnt alone in being a character with terrible perks. Look at the huntress territorial imperative and beast of prey. 
  • ItsDaEmuDood

@The_Crusader said:

@e8Lattice said:

Yeah man the chase, the jungle gyms, the exhaustion effects, the immersed survivors with UE, the pallets, the loops, the blinds, the decisive strikes....none of that is the killer working for the kill, it's all about that time period when the survivor is on your shoulder!

Ikr. Like, Killers do enough against a person who knows how to loop and is using perks. So, if this was real, Deliverance would be useless, and you'd get more chances that you don't need to use to win. You'd get downed, wiggle to a large amount (which happens often), get hooked, kobe, get downed, DS, and then get downed, and get flashlight saved if someone's there. So realistically that's one hook and two second chances. Add looping, pallets, genrush, and a whole lot of perks, and you're basically trying to cause people to uninstall. Please reconsider.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Sure, because wiggling meter determining your chances of escaping from the hook wont incentivise camping. And Survivors will definitely not go "mi mi mi, y u camp?!".

• ItsDaEmuDood

@PigNRun said:
    Sure, because wiggling meter determining your chances of escaping from the hook wont incentivise camping. And Survivors will definitely not go "mi mi mi, y u camp?!".

Preach. Like, if you want to fix a problem, at least TRY to do it without sparking another one, especially an obvious one.