Should nightfall be nerfed?

Options
HaunterofShadows
HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,997

Just curious what people think.

Should nightfall be nerfed? 64 votes

It is fine
79%
M4dBoOmrGibberishBlueberrySlaughterhouse3MiriamGSacrilegeGGDeadeyemusstang62MrPenguinSaitamfedMattie_MayhemOGMooksHellraisingPredatorGlamourousLeviathanbjorksnasFilthyLegionMainDarkest_NightRavenTheWraithArchAbhorDarkMagik 51 votes
It should be brightened JUST a tad
15%
VolantConch1719Aven_FallenDoritoHeadQwQwPSPAurellePlsfix369Hatu7SlowpeachCiabe 10 votes
It should be moderately brightened
1%
BothSidesEnjoyer 1 vote
It should go back to ptb stages
3%
LegendaryPaininvitcuZ 2 votes

Comments

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

I don't mind vision range being limited but I think the overlay on the edges of the screen could be toned back a little bit

• DeadByCommunity
    DeadByCommunity Member Posts: 157
    Options

Honestly imo it's not truly dark, by that I mean perks that can see aura still work which is funny to me like bond, windows of opportunity, ect. It's fine to me.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 893
    Options
    It is fine

I love it! One of the coolest things I seen in awhile. Plus competent survivors dont seem to fail because of it.

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481
    Options
    It is fine

What we need to remember is that Dredge is a power spike killer. It’s not like he can trigger nightfall whenever it’s the most convenient or just use it because he feels like it. Power spike killers need to have…. Well power spikes, and I think nightfall as it is accomplishes that.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options
    It is fine

No way. It's the most fun I've had in DBD as a survivor since my first Myers jump scares. While Dredge can manipulate how much progress he gets toward Nightfall with add ons, he still has to rely on playing well and getting hits and hooks to get progress towards it.

• shinobu149
    shinobu149 Member Posts: 142
    Options
    It is fine

Stop trying to nerf killers to make them weak so you can beat tired of survivors doing that pisses me off leave him ALONE

• LegendaryPain
    LegendaryPain Member Posts: 8
    Options
    It should go back to ptb stages

I somehow accidentally selected the wrong thing but I concur with the majority in saying that Nightfall is fine.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,997
    Options
    It is fine

Someone misinterpreted the purpose of the thread

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,529
    Options
    It is fine

It’s fine from the range and darkness imo.

though some fine tuning to address triggers would be fine (I think the glow affect on characters might be a little bit too much especially with the contrast of the darkness in mind)

• HexDaddyissues
    HexDaddyissues Member Posts: 328
    Options
    It is fine

The audio brought me reeeeaaaaal close to a sensory overload, but thats my only gripe with it. maybe tone it down juuuuust a tad so there arent a million sounds overlapping.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

It could be brightened just a little bit.

But I think the sounds need to be changed or have a toggle to disable them . That's the main issue I have with Nightfall. I hate feeling like I'm going to have a panic attack every time Nightfall occurs.

• Erendriel_00
    Erendriel_00 Member Posts: 30
    Options

If people could disable it everyone would do that and ignore that nightfall exist

• Ciabe
    Ciabe Member Posts: 119
    Options

I'm not sure if this is being rendered the same on all systems. On mine, I can barely see 5 feet. I can't even navigate the map to a generator, let alone have any hope of looping the dredge or even spotting him coming. I just pick a spot and sit until it is over and hope he doesn't find me, because I can't see to walk anywhere.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options
    It is fine

No.

Let the thing that is supposed to obstruct your vision, obstruct your vision.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Vision range is fine, however I'm not a fan of the darkness effects on the edges of the screen, I have to strain my eyes to see anything.