The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is facecamping with the cannibal still a thing? Why are devs ignoring it?

Comments

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Before I became a mostly killer main, I was a mostly survivor main and before that I was a pure killer main. Survivor game play is trash at all MMRs, Killer game play is actually fun depending on where you position yourself in MMR.

So just because you insure your gameplay as killer is horrible, doesn't mean everyone does. There's no where in Survivor gameplay that isn't miserable.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Yeah, killer is all fun and games until you get 4 man swf back to back to back to back to back to back ect

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Pfh, im a killer main by heart and lemme tell you, One mistake usually costs you a game / down / hit,

Survivors got those 3 chances + 2nd chances, and the amount of Dhs that's been flooding this game is Absurd, lol

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

they're comparable in both being miserable playstyles to go against i guarantee you that most people would rather go against an afk pig with the addon than be camped by a bubba. but anyway here i am on my COPIUM hoping the promised base game changes would do anything to make this playstyle less rewarding against solo queuers but I'll probably be disappointed as usual.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

People plead for a lot of things on the forums every day that the devs don’t respond to.

• Salacia
    Salacia Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2022

camping + tunnel, behavior that must be severely punished

I have the solution a killer x report anti game, temporary banishment from the game (increasing) like the anti disconnection system

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

Grapping healthy survivor from hook needs to go and maybe that one bubba's add on needs to be looked at which makes him able to beat borrowed time.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

I think grapping healthy survivor from hook doing the save needs to go. Even lot of facecamping bubba's go for that grap. Maybe that would help bit for camping problem and make chasing survivors more worth it.

• Salacia
    edited June 2022

a camp killer, he doesn't know how to play, you kite it easy mod 5 minutes, he doesn't want to learn to play, since he sucks, he opts for the easy way. We need sanctions against them (how many players stop the game because of bad camping?)

anti-gambling behavior must be punished !

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

There is very little passive gen slowdown that doesn't require active participation by the killer. Face camping and stacking slowdown really don't go hand in hand.

The majority of effective slow down require you to pressure gens or hit/down/hook survivors for one off effects.

To the people who complain about basement and face camp bubba, I say play as facecamp and basement bubba. You'll learn what works against it and then you can apply that to your survivor games when you face it.

This goes doubly so for the quasi self righteous types who say "I'll never play face camp bubba" *shakes fist*, well you'll probably never learn how to counter it either then.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

Ruin and Deadlock. No Way Out also works as game delay and 'check here' even if Bubba's only hooked one or two different people.

And I don't need to play boring games in order to learn how to counter basement Bubba. His counter is obvious. I know what I'm supposed to do, even if I think it's about as fun as watching paint dry and Dead By Daylight should not make uninteractive playstyles viable or rewarding just for the sake of game health. The problem is that unless my three teammates all have the same idea, I'm liable to die anyway, or scrape out hatch if I'm lucky. Someone goes for the save when the first teammate gets caught? RIP. Caught teammate gets mad or just wants to move onto the next game? RIP. Everyone individually heads over to check out what's happening at the hook, realizes it's a camper Bubba, and goes back to their gens? Depending on how fast the first guy got caught, RIP.

Considering the number of people who ragequit when faced with a basement Bubba, yeah; I dread those games for a reason.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

Add-ons like Iridescent Flesh show a glimmer of how he should be.

• pseudechis

If bubba ain't chasing you off gens then ruin ain't doing anything. Deadlock switches out a 3 gen for one chase to be a 2 gen for one chase. It can have an impact but only if Bubba is switching targets.

There is plenty of un-interactive gameplay, just not all of it involves a loss of license. How many games have just been gen simulator runs caused by strong 1v1 builds extending the first chase endlessly? Its un-interactive game play but doesn't involve a loss of player license so people are ok with it.

Part of survivor play is loss of license, its one of the threats you face in game. That you will be rendered unable to participate, its why you have team mates.

Yeah DBD has a rage quit problem, but that's a player problem not a basement bubba problem.

If the rage quitters had their way every game would just be the same loopy chase, no killer powers, no variety just the same thing that works the same way every game over and over.

That's more broadly boring and uneventful than the occasional face camp game.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

I suggest playing with or against these perks to get a better understanding of how they interact. Deadlock freezes the gen with the most progress whenever a gen is completed. Survivors can either hover around that gen for 30s doing nothing (which is gen delay), or they move off to find another gen and stick to it, whereupon the first gen regresses (which is gen delay), or someone goes and looks for Ruin (which is gen delay.) SWFs can counter it to an extent by calling and delegating, solos can't. It's a really powerful combo on a camper Bubba and extends the game significantly.

I don't see your point in bringing up strong chained tiles and optimized survivor gameplay versus M1 killers because I also think those are bad for the game and should be addressed? I'm not a survivor main. Yeah, people are happier with uninteractive games when it involves them winning - that's why anyone defends basement Bubba. People like coming out on top. It doesn't mean every way of doing it is healthy.

There's loss of agency, sure. It's periodic within survivor gameplay and that's an understood part of the game. But Bubba has the completely unique ability to kill agency for the entire team. When he hooks someone and camps them, you have to slam gens. It's not even about what's the best thing to do versus what's a risky proposition; your choices are narrowed down to M1 simulator or lose, with the caveat that if you're confident in chase, you should be the one to get his attention once his current victim dies. Even in that hypothetical game you brought up where someone else has been looping the game for 5 gens, you have all the freedom in the world to go to the killer and interrupt the chase to get your own in, or mess around with chests and totems or whatever in order to extend the game, allow things to happen, and add more fun to your experience. If people don't do this, it's either because they don't want to jeopardize their teammates, or because they'd rather win than have unnecessary but engaging interactions that could end in them losing.

And you can do costly hook trades against a Myers with 99'd T3 or an Oni holding Blood Rage. You can wait out a Plague with Corrupt so that she only has the tail end of her power when you rush the hook. They're dangerous and often bad moves, but they're possible. Unless the Bubba screws up, you can't save against him. There's no option to make plays with the default survivor tools. You can't group up, you can't bodyblock, you can't even use BT. Flashbang and Head On can sometimes work if you get your team on board, if you were lucky enough to bring a meme perk before the match. Other than those, your only hope is that the Bubba is bad.

Like, you can't say "that's why you have teammates" when talking about a situation where your teammates can't do anything to help you. Situations where there is nothing you can possibly do are bad for the game and bad for general enjoyment. Infinites were bad. Boil Over was bad. AFK Pig was bad. Keys were bad. I think you understand this concept, you're just being really reserved about applying it here.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

This is one of the issues that I would love to see a fix to, but have just accepted the harsh reality. Bubba is meant to counter hook rush and pressure areas and some people in the game who use the strategy of camping will obviously use that to their advantage. At the end of the day he still has to catch you to place you on the hook. I accepted the fact that when I play against Bubba I do whatever it takes to not be the first one hooked or test the waters.

• pseudechis

I do play with those perks and they don't make bubba unbeatable.

Why is focusing on gens and not choosing to go seek out the killer any different from the killer focusing on defending a hook and not seeking out another player to chase? Its not its just gameplay.

Like I said play some basement bubba and maybe some survivors will suprise you with what they come up with to work around it. Team mates can help you in that scenario just most people ar elazy and don't bother playing around it to find out how.

You already said you don't need to play it to know how to counter it but if that were true you wouldn't say it was uncounterable, I say get over yourself and give it a go.

Maybe its just easier to whine on the forums then play the game.

• Salacia
    edited June 2022

Stop discuss, camping or tunnel > anti game, anti game is sanctioned so banish.

Because of the camp killers, a lot of people stop playing, it's a problem that needs to be stopped.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I have played as basement Bubba and I have gotten 4ks and survivors did try to slam out gens. Nobody tried to unhook.

• jeremycarinio
    jeremycarinio Member Posts: 160

how can they do have solution for that, they devs cant even have a solution for rubber banding and hacking 🙄 its been years gawd

• Salacia

solution x report anti game > temporary ban

• pseudechis

so your idea is to ban every player that camps and tunnels which is basically every killer player in the game at some point.

It’s also the go to excuse of every salty survivor, so every killer who ever upset a survivor regardless of play will also get banned.

Here I was thinking you hadn’t thought this through.

Does banning every killer player mean survivors win by default without having to even play? 🤔

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

I disagree with the idea that his chainsaw stopping on a downed survivor makes him a worse Hillbilly. His tradeoff in relation to Hillbilly is that he can't sprint across the map, but his chainsaw doesn't miss like it does with Hillbilly. He can pre-rev and catch up to someone rather than having to back rev them and be super precise. His current ability to get multiple downs off one chainsaw flurry is simply a bonus, and it isn't the sole thing that he does better than Hillbilly.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,166

Like I said to the other guy who said that on Page 1, we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

The Dropoff of power that Bubba would get would be immense and I'd much rather have the Billy at that point where I can zoomy across the map whenever I want. It might be a touch harder to hit survivors with the chainsaw as Billy than it would be with Bubba but that zoomy tradeoff would be far more useful than a slightly easier chainsaw ability.

If they made Bubba's chainsaw stop on contact, I'd personally see zero reason to ever play as him again when Billy's would be so similar yet so much stronger for map traversal.

• Salacia

if it takes temporary bans for the noob to finally learn to play, I am for this sanction.

How many players definitely stop the game because of camp killers? a lot.

You even have some who disconnect when they are a killer camp opposite, normal that they are the ones who have the temporary disconnection ban? The answer is no.

• DuoVandal
    DuoVandal Member Posts: 44

Just don't get downed 4head.

• DuoVandal
    DuoVandal Member Posts: 44

That's weird, last I checked the majority of people who quit playing were Killers hence why Survivor queue times are so long.

• pseudechis
  • Salacia
  • noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

But Bubba is cute.

• GillyBeannn
    GillyBeannn Member Posts: 554

On another subject then, why is it Artist cannot place a crow right next to a hooked survivor? She has to be 10 meters away to place a crow away from the hooked survivor. Hag can place a trap right next to a hooked survivor, and Pyramid Head can use M2 when a survivor unhooks, so Why can't Artist do the same thing?

I am aware Trapper used to be able to put traps under a hooked survivor and that got removed because it was unfair for the hooked survivor, but is Bubbas insta-down chainsaw that also ignores BT any different from how old Trapper traps worked?

• Salacia

camping is unfair to the hooked survivor and also to the other 3 survivors, all because of what? a big noob killer who does not know how to play, he has a toxic anti-gambling behavior so normal that he is sanctioned.

• Hilidaris
    Hilidaris Member Posts: 164

bruh

"I'll punish someone because he's bad at the game and don't play like I expecte him to do"

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Don’t mind a face camper once in a while, but when it becomes too frequent that’s when it becomes a problem for me, wether I’m on the hook or not, it seems to lead to an uneventful match

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Sadly because it would definitely get abused. I have chased a survivor towards a caged survivor to force a teleport and there's a teammate waiting to uncage them. The only reason it's not a bigger thing is because most don't try this tactic alot.

• kaneyboy
    kaneyboy Member Posts: 263

Iv had many killers play him and say in the end chat they do it to let off anger because it happened to them. Which I find really odd- since it’s encouraging toxic attitudes within the game. Most of the time you just have to take it with a pinch of salt and accept that atleast one person will die with no points- if you all have BT you can do hook swaps to get points but inevitably one will die- to counter his basement build you will have to use the locker but inevitably it’ll just be a hook swap or both downed.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

You play against Bubba. He facecamps. What are u supposed to do?

Well, do the gens and let that one guy die.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

I keep reading this answer it's so dumb, do you even play solo queue guys ? Most players will totally try to save the camped guy and it's a good thing, your" just gen rush" doesn't work in practice no one want to let that guy die it's lame as fk and it could be you

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

Also there are fixes to facecamp that don't require complete overhaul, for example reward HOOKS not kills, if someone die on first hook you can even give a malus, just stop rewarding facecamp if it give very low BP most people will stop, a few can still do it out of spite but no reward atleast

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    edited June 2022

How do you “not reward kills” exactly? People who facecamp already typically get less bloodpoints and less points toward emblem points. They even get less kills on average compared to other strategies of all they do is facecamp for two minutes. What’s the specific mechanism you want to see here? The details are the issue, not the general intent of wanting to steer people away from face camping. It’s not that the devs don’t broadly want to do something, it’s that the things they’ve tried so far don’t work or break something else.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

If u dont want to throw the game, than u have to. Of course, try to save that one guy (ye, it could be myself - happened in the nearby past), but thats a issue (one of a lot) which has to be fixed by the devs.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514
    edited June 2022

Played against a Nemi on Midwich.

First gens go fast. Then he camped the hook - first died. Then he camped the second hook - second died.

He won with 4k at 1 gen left.

Camping works.

Don´t know if this can or should be "fixed" in some way. If the matchmaking was better and not so frustrating at times maybe camping and tunneling would normalize a bit.

"Solutions" could also make it worse.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

survivor bodyblocks a hook prompt = totally ok

killer blocks unhook prompt, survs say: thats not fair = cheating

both sides can block the main objective, bodyblocking hook prompts is the same thing as camping.

del wit it

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2022

thats totally ok.

However, thats how I see it, hookinh is killers #1 objective as stated by the in game tips. Survivors have no qualms about bodyblocking to deny hooks, it is only fair that the killer has the ability to contest unhooks.

All killers can camp, as I said above, the only reason survs complain more about Bubba is because he is one of few who can counter unsafe hook rushers (majority of all matches are hook farmers)

Its literally the same denial of objective for opposing sides. I run Mad Grit and dont cry on forums about bodyblockers or camping, and I get camped daily too.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 597

the dev could disable the Saw within (insert amount of meters here.)

otherwise, just do a gen if Bubba is face camping.