The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So People Loved New Map (Garden of Joy) ?

I did not see any complain about this map. Both sides are happy?

What do you think about Garden of Joy? Balanced or not? Looks good or not?

Comments

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

I think for Trapper players it's looks a bit rough, it needs more grass.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

Trappers will eat people alive in the house. It needs some damn lights turned on.

Lots of sharp blind corners in the mess of jungle gyms will be good for him to.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

I dont see why killer should like the map. Its big and has a Mainbuilding. That are the two most hated things killers always complain about.

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 541

I think it’s a terrible billy map. The bushes have collision for some reason around rock loops and I don’t understand why there’s a wheelbarrel that sticks out 15 feet on the side of shack making it hard to curve around.

Reshade is going to be an asset, especially inside main building.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

Too dark. Indoors structures are just way too dark but the devs didn't fix the other recent maps that have the very same problem so i doubt they'll fix this one either.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Don't worry, they'll find a problem with it when it goes live.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
    edited May 2022

I thought I would like the crumbling border. But I think it makes the whole map feel weird to play on and my enjoyment on it did a nose dive

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,655

The map has some generators that don't have any lockers anywhere near them, even though it's supposed to be the map for a killer that teleports to lockers.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

It's just an alright map. It's vaguely similar to the thomson house but with more emphasis on the main structure and a lack of corn. For me, the main selling point is that it further dilutes the map pool. I'm tired of getting the same realms every other game.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968

we need to wait and see, people always find something broken on the new maps once the updates goes live.(not everyone plays PTBs)

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Too early to say, I reckon. Maps need time to marinate

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

From my time with the ptb it seemed fantastic.

It might be a tad big, but it didn't seem too big, and the loops mostly seemed fair and balanced. A few safe pallets, but that's fine, but also a fair amount mindgameable and even a few unsafe pallets. Unlike the last new map, Eeyrie of Crow, which is full of only safe pallets.

Though to be fair, I also thought Eyrie of Crow wouldn't be that bad, because I only played Artist, who is very strong. Dredge is also strong, so it might be a bit different for the general killer pool.

• BadZilla
    BadZilla Member Posts: 467

Feels like a combination of Badham and Coldwind somehow

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

The inside of the house is WAY too dark, similar to the Haddonfield houses. As for the rest of the map, it's ok nothing too interesting.

• FlamingFurball
    FlamingFurball Member Posts: 12

I like the overall look and feel of the map, and generally enjoy playing it. The major issue I have is that I'm a Billy main and the collision of a lot of environmental elements feels way bigger than it should be. The bushes that are everywhere on the map are especially bad, I feel like when I'm chainsaw sprinting I run into the tiniest leaf and get stopped dead in my tracks. If they adjusted the collision, I would be happy with the map.

• Obelt
    Obelt Member Posts: 357

Overall its pretty good only minor thing is the pitch blackness inside the house and the one god pallet on the house porch that really irks me

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Its a bad map for Billy. Every bush or shrub's hitbox pulls you in.

• Claudirt
    Claudirt Member Posts: 49
    edited June 2022

I think the house windows are broken, and a lot of tiles around shack. I hope they at least change the windows in the house. Visually a pretty map as always, loved the outside barrier they did. Other random loops and tiles are good.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601

As usual the central building is too strong, and a lot of pallets are equally too strong, and there is a lot of pallets. However it is the first map they've released in a very long time that I've liked for the simple fact it is somewhat open, somewhat acceptably sized, and not filled with countless things that clutter the map up.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I absolutely love the new map. I'm yet to play as killer on there, but I think it appears generally quite balanced.

In terms of how it looks, it's by far the best map in the game. It's absolutely stunning and I love how dynamic it is with lots of different textures. Also, I love not having an ugly wall around the map parameters, I hope they continue this trend for future maps!

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Main building is a pain, but I have found a car you can slide on as Demogorgon so it's not all bad

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

It looks good. Balance wise its ass

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I haven't played on it but from what I hear the main building is way too good for survivors.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

The main Building has some stupid windows and this God Pallet on the roof... why?

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

Do you even read forums? i don't know a single person who's thrilled to go to that map, it's super awful

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I dont like the map.

The end walls arent defined enough which makes it kinda complicated to see when the map ends and when it doesnt.

The map is full of bushes, some you can go through some you cant, which makes it confusing in chase. I keep getting stuck on small things.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

The Map is very fine Not many Save Palletts and Not so big

The only Problem i have its to dark and this im saying as a Dredge Main lol

I even cant see if the person in the house is a Nea or a Claudette 😅

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

"Dredge-Main" after 1 week of his existence XD. Man, I like that !!!

• Bloodartist
    Bloodartist Member Posts: 124
    edited June 2022

I dont like it, since its slightly too large and traditionally too full of obstacles. Inside the house some places are so dark I cant even see the survivors next to me. But I haven't played it much yet.

Its not close to worst maps in the game though. Kinda like below average.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

A Main doesnt mean u need to have Master the Character ( i mean i was Trash as Twins and they was my Main before Dredge ) for me a Main is if the Character is my favourite and also the have the most Fun whit ans yeah when i First saw Dredge in a Leak and on die PTB it was 100% Clear he is going to be my new Main :)

I Never had so much Fun in DbD before Dredge i love this Killer so much :D

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

I mean I hate how the building is just black inside, I made the same complaint about haddonfield and some areas are still pitch black

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214

Scott jund made a video about it. Basically it sucks for killer, there can be a really good rock loop by shack, I forgot most of what he said but I know I'm not a fan of the map. Also he said the main building has 3 God windows with the perfect drop where survivors don't get delayed any dropping out of, meaning it's almost like having balanced landing without the speed burst. Not to mention there's like 1 breakable wall. I can say I'm not excited for any more maps in the considering that last few.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

Its horribly unbalanced for killer. Tons of safe pallets. Main house is a dirty loop that is still rough even if you have bamboozle.

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228

Apart from the balance of the map, atmosphere of this map is quite good.