Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Any Onryo buff planned ?

Emhyr
Emhyr Member Posts: 73

Well she's a freddy without anti-loops ability. I think her curse mechanic is just useless because it really easy to counter it and nearly impossible to stack all the curse with you simple Teleports...

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Probably they wll buff her with next mid-chapter. Hope those buffs are good, like Legion buffs.

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 425

I think people need to be cursed quicker, she literally gets 0 pressure from tv's because if you don't pay attention to them, not thing too significant happens, I remember in the PTB when everyone was turning TVs off like crazy

• GgamerG
    GgamerG Member Posts: 53

I'm sure killer and survivors changes won't happen for some time since the approx 40 perk reworks and base game changes are coming. Don't expect anything like Legion's changes.

• Emhyr
    Emhyr Member Posts: 73

Yeah i think they'll wait the changes about the perks. But for now, a buff like when she chose a TV to teleport, the TV don't switch off. Actually she's really weak on loops

And i Think her curse mechanic is just a gadget et don't have an impact on the game without add-ons.

Maybe they could reduce the amount of progression survivors lose when they swtch off the good TV.

To me they could buff it by adding an automatic progression of the curse when all the Tv's are on. By this, we have a choice for the killer to make and it force survivors switch off Tv's and stop doing gens ^^

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

She's easily the worst licensed killer in the game, infact she's the worst stealth killer in the game. If I were the license holder I'd be real pissed about seeing my beloved character turned into a joke and object of ridicule.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

even more fascinating they were released back to back lmfao

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
    edited June 2022

She needs more threat to her Condemnation:

1. Passive condemn progress when not holding a tape begins after the first time you are exposed to any condemnation increase; one stack every 60 seconds, forcing you to interact with a TV at least once every 6 minutes. In exchange for the more frequent TV interactions that disable them as teleport points, the cooldown on disabled TV's is halved to 30 seconds.
    2. Exposed when at 7 stacks. To balance, can only be Mini-Mori'd when on your last hook state.
  • Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Lol she is no Freddy, Freddy is far stronger than she is. He teleports to gens, he can fake it and use it in chase. On top he has his snares.

Sadako has TV on terrible RNG-Placements. Thats it.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Here's my thoughts on good buffs.....

Passive Condemn gain - Survivors gain condemn after the match starts and grabbing a tape just speeds up the process.

Increase the time it takes to return a tape so we don't have the same thing like Gen tapping issues when a survivor will return a tape right in her face and be fine

• Obelt
    Obelt Member Posts: 357

Shes needs passive condemn gain, shorter Tv cooldowns, inflict 1 Condemn stack on hit,

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,530

Maybe the TVs should always stay on - no cooldowns. Only turned off when you take the tape.

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

yes we heard you

we decided to add one more tv to every map

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

She's fine and doesn't need any buffs. I would wager she still wins a majority of the time.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

If I play her, I refuse to play her without Iri. Video Tape.

Hopefully they make it basekit or drastically reduce the cooldown. And that is only one buff she needs from like 20.

• Pr0p3r9
    Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111

I would like 4 stacks of condemned to inflict Mangled and Hemorrhage. Maybe 4 stacks or more could also give a different colored ring border on the hud. This would make having condemned stacks pose a risk and a slowdown even if the survivor isn't interacting with tapes. If the survivor is interacting with tapes, they're also more likely to be injured while they do it, making condemned kills more viable without good survivor teamwork.

As things stand, Sloppy Butcher feels like a requirement to play Onryo, and I don't like how that perk slot is permanently taken up. I also feel like Discordance is a mandatory perk on her, while bbq is mandatory for killer in general for bp economy. I feel like I only have one open perk slot when I play as Onryo, and that's frustrating.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

People will still bite. They always do. It's the most depressingly predictable facet of this community.

• Holkapolka
    Holkapolka Member Posts: 44

Yeah I win the majority of my Sadako games. Nobody plays her, so no one has a clue what to do against her.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited June 2022

There was video of one content creator (Otzdarva) that showed that even clueless Survivor who probably VS for his first time knew what to do and to not bother with her Condement at all. Funny.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    edited June 2022

Imo, here's what they should do:

1. Make "Ring Drawing" (Condemned Survivors spread their Condemnation to other Survivors, who complete a Healing action on them) base kit.
    2. Increase the range of survivors acquiring Condemned from Sadako teleporting to a TV from 16m to 20m.
    3. Decrease the range of her Lullaby while demanifested from 24m to 20m.
    4. Decrease the timer of TVs turning on at the start of the match from 30s to 15s.
    5. Decrease the cooldown of TVs turning on after she projects to them from 100s (!) to 60s.
    6. Increase her post projection speed boost from 1.5s to 3s.
    7. Finally, scrap some of the meme/redundant/useless add-ons and give her an add-on pass that focuses more on getting more condemned onto survivors.

Then reassess.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Lessons to be learned strong killer first then trim back there power. First impression matter. Even if you polish the turd one year later the damage is done. Trickster would have had an actual chance if they werent so hell bent on making him so weak he earned the moniker depipster. Thankfully it seems they learned from this as dredge actually lives up to the hype.