Prestige Rework

Options
PeachyPig
PeachyPig Member Posts: 5
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

So I was thinking about it, What is gonna happen to the perks I already have right now? For Example on my steve I have like 3 pages of level 3 perks but with the new prestige system coming am I just gonna lose all my perks I already have since none of my characters are prestiged? I really hope not cause I would have to grind again to get all characters to prestige III.

Comments

• Butternubs69
    Butternubs69 Member Posts: 21
    Options

the point of the rework is that prestiging no logner takes anything away from you -and- it permanently gives all your other characters all the perks of whoever you prestige

• PeachyPig
    Options

Thanks for the response, but that wasn't really my question. Im asking if I lose the perks I have since I never prestiged anyone.

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214
    Options

I believe when the rework happens, you won't lose any perks or items and just as Butternubs69 said, anyone prestiged will have their perks unlocked for everyone else. And after the rework if you prestige you won't lose your perks and items like it is now.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Basically from p1-3 will be what tier their teachables will be on everyone. So if you have bubba P3 you get bbq T3 on every killer without having to find it in the blood web. Also yeah like above said you lose absolutely nothing when prestiging or at least thats what they said.

• PeachyPig
    Options

Yeah, Ive understood that. The thing im wondering is since I dont have anyone prestiged yet, but I have their perks on one character, am I losing those perks when the update comes out. I know we wont lose anything once we prestige I've understood that. But the perks I have from characters I haven't prestiged yet, will I lose those on my character? Im not prestiging him so thats not the problem. Its the fact I have 3 pages of perks from characters I haven't prestiged yet.

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 586
    Options

Whilst that hasn't been explicitly stated, I don't think their intention is to REMOVE perks you've already got unlocked on characters just because you haven't prestiged those teachables - that would be rather punishing to those who haven't engaged in the prestige system so whilst no one at BHVR has yet explicitly stated you won't, I'd be very surprised if that were the case.

• PeachyPig
    Options

Not to sound rude but I've understood that, Its pretty clear. The thing I'm asking is since I have no characters prestiged and dont plan to. The many characters I have level 40 since I just wanted the perks no prestige. Will I lose those on my one character I put them all on. Im not prestiging him so I dont need to know what happens when I prestige. What im wondering is what'll happen to the perks I already have on my steve from the charaters I haven't prestiged yet.

• PeachyPig
    edited June 2022
    Options

Thanks! I was thinking that aswell, Like if that were the case it'd be pretty punishing. But I just wanted to make sure, since Im not fully aware.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
  • Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

No. You wont lose anything, prestige 1 just unlocks all their teachables on all killers but not being prestiged doesnt mean it will take your perks away.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    edited June 2022
    Options

You shouldn't lose anything. In fact quite the opposite given the "catch up" mechanic they'll also be implementing where perks you've unlocked on a level 50 character will act as credit towards prestige your didn't already have.

If you have a character below level 50, then my understanding is nothing whatsoever will happen to them except they will gain access to any prestige unlocked perks they did not already have.

To quote their news page at https://deadbydaylight.com/news/prestige-progression

"FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN’T PRESTIGED

It’s not entirely uncommon for a player to have withheld from engaging with the prestige system altogether. Some may have already collected every tier of every perk for every character without ever having levelled their prestige. Rest assured that this new progression system will ensure that these players are compensated for their time investments.

“When we roll this out, we’re planning on doing a prestige catch-up mechanic that will look at the perk tier you have on your characters,” explains Matt. “If you’ve been collecting perks on your character and levelling them up, you’ll gain a number of prestige levels based on how many perks and perk tiers you've acquired.”

As for the general perks that aren’t connected to a specific character – Unrelenting or Resilience for example – they will remain unlockable through Bloodweb progression."

• Omputin
    Omputin Member Posts: 139
    Options

I think what OP is asking is if teachable perks that are already unlocked will stay available too all his survs/killers even if he hasn’t prestiged any of them.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    Options

Unless they're removing unlocking teachables, which I'm not sure we have anything on one way or the other, I don't see why they would.