Anyone else skipping the event?

Options
Swiftblade131
Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

Is anyone else skipping, ignoring, or just generally not trying to get the event tokens?

I personally don't really care, the outfits are okay, the dress for Feng is about the only one I would really want, but that's it. I just can't be bothered, not to mention, just like the Blight event the skins are not exclusive and can be bought with actual money, so the DEVs get a quick buck and I get a nice-ish outfit. When year round, there are better skins constantly available and being released, what makes these special?

Why bother?
Any convincing reasons to not skip? (And do note the word convincing)

CON·VINC·ING -
Capable of causing someone to believe that something is true or real.'

Just making that part clear. Some people don't seem to get that.

Post edited by Swiftblade131 on

Comments

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options
    I'm going out of my way to grab lanterns for BPs, but that's it.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Options
    I got 3 coins in around 3 hours playtime, half survivor half killer. And I didn't even hunt for that. If I came across a later I take/destroy it, if not then not. People just see this to serious, it's ez af to get at least 6 tokens without bothering to much. The last 3 tokens are probably just really grindy.
  • will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489
    Options

Personally not trying to get tokens, just BP

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

You don't need to bother anyway.

First outfit is really easy, I just played 1 or 2 hours yesterday and got 2 coins and 2 pieces of cosmetic. I am pretty sure that I am gonna get 2 outfits until the event ends.

The only difficult one is the third one.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

I'm getting Feng's dress.

Then, I'll be ignoring the event. Any coins will go towards Ace, but I'm not too worried about not getting it.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Feng's outfit and that's about it. A match here or there just for my fix

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    I might be for assorted reasons.
    Basically trying to put together the gaming trinity of having time, energy, and mood. 2 of the 3 is easy. 

Hopefully I can punch through for one outfit, then maybe buy another. 

All in all it depends on what happens when I can finally play, but I almost just gave in and bought everything. Then I came to my senses and wondered how I would enjoy the rest of the event with a bunch of useless points.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    Something different is in the game that may be a test for another objective for survivors.... thats 1 reason to play... 2.) bp (although I wish envelopes spawned more in the blood web) ... 3.) This one I fight myself on because cosmetics can just be bought there is nothing there to actually earn that can allow the players to say "i earned this and that casual didnt" ... but you can still get a cosmetic for free 
  • No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

yeh but you get blood points out of the lanterns and it's fun to do a different objectives. The problem with hallowed blight is it wasn't fun at all and was really unbalanced, yet this actually makes the game dead interesting

• ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Yep , i think devs obviously wanted us to stop playing 
  • ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

My games have been more intense. Survivors are using lots of keys and are really trying hard not to get caught.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

I am not playing during this event

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Options
    I am all you find is camping tunneling killers 
  • Dwight_Main
    Dwight_Main Member Posts: 69
    Options

Exactly. this events are trash if the skins are not exclusive and can later be bought for Auric Cells.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options
    This event: 100% of all killers use ebony mori and ruin combined with noed and still camp+tunnel or rage quit if you still manage to finish all 5 gens or they have a survivor who helps them. I'm getting the Feng Min skin but that's about it. I'll take a break from dbd afterwards. People are a lot more toxic and salty than usual.
  • Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673
    Options

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Is anyone else skipping, ignoring, or just generally not trying to get the event tokens?

I personally don't really care, the outfits are okay, the dress for Feng is about the only one I would really want, but that's it. I just can't be bothered, not to mention, just like the Blight event the skins are not exclusive and can be bought with actual money, so the DEVs get a quick buck and I get a nice-ish outfit. When year round, there are better skins constantly available and being released, what makes these special?

Why bother?

CON·VINC·ING -

My only goal in this event is to prevent survivors from getting out with a vessel, idc for the coins, but if i mannage to get 3 of them, i'll buy Feng outfit and thats it.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

yeah im trying my best to escape with a Lantern because its fun and you get bonus BP just for holding the damn thing

• StigWH68
    StigWH68 Member Posts: 22
    Options

i dont care about the events, they are always stupid and boring. I dont care about cosmetics and cant unserstand that players are buying them for real money :D stupid

If they would make a event where you could win a cool rare weapon or perk, that i would be interested in, not these stupid cosmetics :D

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604
    Options

Extra bloodpoints and free cosmetics are nice, and I have to admit that this event was designed a lot better than the ######### Halloween event. That being said the challenge for both sides is quite imbalanced and could use some serious tweaking, and the grind is an absolute slog.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

The event is a bit bad designed IMO.
    In Hallowed Blight I remember obtaining at least two or three pustula petals per level and in this event only one red envelope per level so far. Its a nonsense not obtaining extra BP if you don't burn the offering, in Hallower Blight too, but at least in the other event I almost always had an offering to burn...

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275
    Options

@Swiftblade131 said:

Why bother?

CON·VINC·ING -

Im about to skip it.So many insecure killers camping and tunneling,it's driving me insane.Wish kiler mains got good and actually learned how to play this game.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

@Swiftblade131 said:

Why bother?

CON·VINC·ING -

You can just play normally and don't really need to do anything other than play normally.
    If you looking for a reason to play the game other than just play it then don't bother coming back till the next event that will make you interested in playing.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,692
    Options

@Dwight_Main said:
    Exactly. this events are trash if the skins are not exclusive and can later be bought for Auric Cells.

Explain your logic.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Dwight_Main said:

Explain your logic.

No reason to bother grinding it out right now if you can just pay money for it any other day, dude.
    The grind is ######### abysmal, even worse for Killer. Maybe the devs know that which is why they made the cosmetics take so long to get and cost $20 to get a set.
  • Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422
    Options

@Judgement said:
    Dreamnomad said:

@Dwight_Main said:

Explain your logic.

No reason to bother grinding it out right now if you can just pay money for it any other day, dude.
    The grind is [BAD WORD] abysmal, even worse for Killer. Maybe the devs know that which is why they made the cosmetics take so long to get and cost $20 to get a set.

Not everyone is going to spend exra money? This is a chance to get free skins...

• Ticon
    Ticon Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2019
    Options

Yes, just bought the game after free weekend. Was impressed had a lot of fun. Now the game is dead in survivor lobby due to this event.

Kinda regret buying it now.

• Dwight_Main
    Options

@Judgement said:
    Dreamnomad said:

@Dwight_Main said:

Explain your logic.

The grind is [BAD WORD] abysmal, even worse for Killer. Maybe the devs know that which is why they made the cosmetics take so long to get and cost $20 to get a set.

The only logic here is you as*, what i meant by my comment is if the said event is over and the cosmetics that go along with it should just be bye-bye and never be bought from shops ever again, i think i just want people to know that when i equip a event cosmetics i want them to think that i "i worked hard for this piece of clothing and you didnt haha"

• Dwight_Main
    Options

@Mr_Myers said:

@Judgement said:
    Dreamnomad said:

@Dwight_Main said:

Explain your logic.

Not everyone is going to spend exra money? This is a chance to get free skins...

you misread,mate. read it again

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

@EntityDispleased said:
    I don't understand some people here honestly. Before the event everyone was talking about how cool the cosmetics are and they're excited but now everyone wishes the event never dropped at all.

Before the event even dropped, I was saying how "meh" the cosmetics were, and the fact that you can just buy them if you want to, completely rids the reason to grind out an event, not to mention, the "meh" factor adds in, that there are outfits that are just better and have been available for a bit now.

Nothing special about them. What's the point?

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

I am.

Here's why.

Haven't played in a month cuz I got sick of the toxicity/racism/juvenile environment/name calling/ridiculous behavior of the player base.

There is (another) huntress cosmetic....no thank you.

So why would I play during an event that INCREASES player angst and rewards something idc about?

No thank you. There are far too many other awesomeness to play right now.

• IMMORTALEVIL
    IMMORTALEVIL Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Just decided to skip it. Just wanna take all my ebony and begin fun
  • RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    Options

I am.

Here's why.

Haven't played in a month cuz I got sick of the toxicity/racism/juvenile environment/name calling/ridiculous behavior of the player base.

There is (another) huntress cosmetic....no thank you.

So why would I play during an event that INCREASES player angst and rewards something idc about?

No thank you. There are far too many other awesomeness to play right now.

Add in that the sound is still broken as are scratch marks, I play on Ps4 (Dead by Slideshow), and the annoying (and triggering...PTSD) fireworks in the menu and you have every reason I'm avoiding DbD for awhile.
  • scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    Options

@Meme said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

Why bother?

CON·VINC·ING -

Im about to skip it.So many insecure killers camping and tunneling,it's driving me insane.Wish kiler mains got good and actually learned how to play this game.

I am so sick of seeing survivors ######### about tunneling and camping. If the devs made the game more balanced, killers wouldn't feel the need to camp. Then they come out with this event where survivors can easily get 20-45 points per match whereas killer STRUGGLES to get 20, and will probably never get 45 since that requires every person bringing in a red envelope (I'm lucky if 1 person brings one in per match), and for the killer to destroy all 7, and also hook every survivor 3 times each. Yeah, not happening. So maybe THAT'S why they are camping and tunneling, and not that they need to "get good." But you might understand that if you weren't so biased.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Options

Why bother?

CON·VINC·ING -

Only playing to get 6 coins for huntress and feng outfit
  • ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    Options

@Swiftblade131 said:

Why bother?

CON·VINC·ING -

the event is easy enough to do, I already unlocked Fengs with only like 2 days of effort.(By effort i mean just grabbing the lanterns once the gens have been completed seeing as how all the dumb dumbs grab it before then get killed lol)

I know ill play DBD on/off till the 13th so ill just unlock huntress's outfit as well since Ace's looks like #########.

Speaking of Ace when are the devs gonna rework the stupid luck system...Nobody uses any of his perks except Ace in the hole.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

I wanted to play to get the Huntress'es outfit and weapon, but I think I'll skip, I already have one coin so I can get the weapon, I don't like to play as Ace or Feng anyway

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

I would call the reward trash for the same reason.... someone 6months down the line can just buy the Feng skin that I put in time for..... very frustrating 
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

Will probably just do enough to earn the feng cosmetic and thats about it.

Why would I bother with a special event when the skins aren't going to be exclusive, and every kiddy with a credit card will be able to get them later without the effort.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

Already picked up ace and huntress last night when i got 6, Feng is just an added bonus i could care less about.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

You don't even need to touch gens to get points so i'm just playing like normal and grabbing a lantern if i seen one. Not avoiding the game just because an event -_-