What characters have the best starting perks?

Options

In your opinion, what free/starting characters come with the best perks?

Comments

• pandomran
    pandomran Member Posts: 17
    Options

I think Feng Min has some good starting perks because of Technician (prevents generator explosion) but tbf I only play as Feng Min so idk the others

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Meg has two of the best perks in the game same with Bill I don't think anyone can top those two for teachables.

For killers uuhhhh Billy I guess is okay with lightborn, enduring and tinkerer, I think I heard hag is free on console and if that's true it would be her for sure.

• pandomran
    pandomran Member Posts: 17
    Options

Can confirm, hag is free on console (I play console) but I don't use her as I rarely play killer. What of her perks are best?

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Ruin is one of the best killer perks period and Devour Hope is a high risk high reward perk that can win you games on it's own if it stays up.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 291
    Options

I'd think Bill or Meg

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 587
    Options

I agree with Gloam - Meg has a really decent set of perks when you're starting out and getting involved in chases. Sprint Burst is a strong exhaustion perk, Adrenaline is very useful when you make it to end-game and Quick and Quiet, whilst not as strong as the previous, can still be very strong for confusing killers at vaults.

Bill is also a strong contender for Borrowed Time alone.

Since you're on console, Hag is also a decent choice for killer for Ruin/Devour Hope. Nurse is also worth levelling for Thanatophobia and Nurse's Calling, albeit she is much harder to play. Typically for killer, something that puts pressure on gens (regression/slowdown, etc) and something that gives you information (where survivors are/what gens are being worked on) is generally a good call to have in your build.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Meg as survivor (SB and Adrenaline great perks, Q&A decent)

Clown as killer (Pop and Bamm great perks, Coulrophobia is not bad)

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 808
    Options

Feng is literally the best starting character.

Alert - Will teach you about awareness a lot.

Lithe - Introduces you to exhaustion, and provides a quick escape, which is great for new players that don't want to engage yet. and you have full control over it, unlike Sprint burst everyone seem to recommend, and it's not a beginner friendly perk

Technician - Perk that shouldn't be even an unlockable perk, it should be available from start and recommended to every new player, to help them get used to doing gens, without alerting the killer if something goes wrong.

Her petite model allows for stealthy plays, when she's pretty quiet herself.

And Spark of Madness should be the free dlc on every platform, not only on console.

Doctor himself is super noob friendly too, but doesn't fit this topic cuz his perks are garbage XD

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 949
    Options

Trapper is up there for killers solely because of Agitation. Billy because of Tinkerer & Enduring.

When Huntress & Wraith have the perks that they do, it's really no contest.