Questions

Options

I have a lot of questions about this game...

1) when I get an rsvp and die, it says "crown unlocked", what does that mean?

2) why does it only sometimes say "obsession escaped?" What is the obsession?

3) why did I have red dots following me when facing the Oni?

I'm so confused-

Comments

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734
    Options

1: There's an anniversary event going on for the game where you can unlock cosmetics for certain characters. When you grab the invitation (which looks like a scroll on a black pedestal of skulls) and the end game collapse timer starts you unlock 1/12 of the cosmetics.

2: The obsession is a role in the game that can be influenced by some of the survivor and killer perks. If you look at the HUD and see the little claw things around a character portrait, that indicates the obsession. There will always be an obsession in the game (got changed at some point) and when the obsession is in chase, the claws will wiggle. Obsession gives you extra blood points when you die or escape.

3: That's Oni's special power. You drop little orbs of blood that he can pick up to charge his blood fury. You drop them when you are injured and he is out of blood fury. Once he is in blood fury, no one drops orbs so this is usually a good time to heal.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

1. Should be that during the match you grabbed and invitation from a podium and then you made it until the doors or hatch were open when you died. You unlocked an event cosmetic. Previous years the cosmetic was a crown, this year is a mask but they just didn't change the wording on the scoring event.

2. Every match there is 1 obsession. Certain killer and survivor perks have different criteria that involve the obsession. Some perks even change who the current obsession is during the match. The obsession is the survivor that has the claws around their portrait in the HUD. You get a scoring event for escaping/dying as the obsession.

3. Those are blood orbs, the Oni collects those to fuel his instadown power. As long as you're injured you will drop those orbs feeding the Oni. Usually they disappear after a second, if they aren't disappearing he's using an addon that let's him see survivors auras when they run into the blood orbs.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

I think you're the one I answered a question! If it can help you understand better the game, here a video for beginners. It's from last year but it should be OK to watch now.

• pandomran
    pandomran Member Posts: 17
    Options

For 1) I meant I died before the gate opened.

• pandomran
    pandomran Member Posts: 17
    Options

I thought the claws were for the highest level in the game but I'm dumb lol. Thanks for the answers!