If survivors are ''just skins''

Options

then why do the female characters have a much easier time hiding? why is their crouch so much more compact? why do the dudes assume a sumo stance? why are the females so incredibly small and skinny compared to the dudes? why does ace have iron will built-in? why is claudette near invisible in most clothes and why is she completely invisible in P3? my boy Tapp is black but he can still be seen

please give all the survivor characters a do-over so they actually are just skins instead of claiming they are just skins when they aren't, i fear the cosmetics store will make these issues even worse with the cosmetics not being truly cosmetic

Comments

• USADave85
    USADave85 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Literally just posted something similar in a different thread. It's the reason I don't main David.

• Grandma
    Grandma Member Posts: 36
    Options

The way I see it is; If a killer is bad enough to not see a Claudette crouching in a corner but can tell when it's a David, they just need to learn to sharpen their perception. I usually don't have any trouble finding immersed claudettes when they sit still in the landscape, it's just one molecule of effort extra to notice her as opposed to the others. But that's just my experience... Maybe I'm totally whack.

• nTurbo
    nTurbo Member Posts: 4
    Options

When can we have the male survivors just T pose when they crouch?
    No killer will ever mess with them again

• DBD
    DBD Member Posts: 6
    Options

100% agree with this thread

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    edited May 2018
    Options

I think it's some sort of a trade off, Female characters have better chance hiding but their grunts of pain are louder "Higher pitch" than those for male characters.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,971
    Options

@SoulKey said:
    I think it's some sort of a trade off, Female characters have better chance hiding but their grunts of pain are louder "Higher pitch" than those for male characters.

Mr. Jake is kind of an exception to that. You can hear that guy whimpering from a mile away.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

@Science_Guy said:

@SoulKey said:

Mr. Jake is kind of an exception to that. You can hear that guy whimpering from a mile away.

Oh that's surprising, Given he is the "Calm spirit" of the realm -_-

• Leon
    Leon Member Posts: 56
    Options

They are skin but the body difference between male and female char is noticeable, you can see alot of female chars meg claudette for example, but less david, maybe even go with bill better than david.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

The old engine had good animations for the male characters. It allowed nearly every character to hide, due to having a tight, closed in crouch, and actually going low to the ground for male characters. They should just bring Rhodes animations back.

• HUNGRY_AS_A_HIPPY
    HUNGRY_AS_A_HIPPY Member Posts: 49
    Options
    The males are bigger than the females, that’s why the females hide easier than the males.
  • korrakas
    korrakas Member Posts: 56
    Options

@SoulKey said:

@Science_Guy said:

@SoulKey said:

Oh that's surprising, Given he is the "Calm spirit" of the realm -_-

Well, he CAN be if he wants to.

• simonote
    simonote Member Posts: 4
    Options

I just want more skin for Feng.

• ekto
    ekto Member Posts: 103
    Options

This. When I play male survivors and hide behind things females can be completely concealed behind, my head pokes out and I have to look all the way down to be more compact. Smh.

• BlushinUsagi
    BlushinUsagi Member Posts: 3
    Options

Claudettes stealth is compensated because you can see her hair through the fog l0l but yeah, I wish they were tuned a bit more. They'd still have the same design but updated with new technology. I still find it weird how the blood on P3 skins also vary. P3 on Ace looks like ketchup, P3 on Laurie looks like Rust and P3 on Nea looks like Jelly.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Honestly I think that if all the characters were made “the same” it’d be really boring. I like how each character has little differences that make them unique and I wish that the devs would go further with it. If all the characters feel the same, they’d lose that “special feel” that each of them have, which would make them really boring. 
  • Hey_Its_James
    Hey_Its_James Member Posts: 70
    Options

I wonder if this comment will make the thread appear in recent threads, lol

If so, maybe forums should have an outdated forum section?

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Male character models are larger, but generally quieter overall.

Female character models are smaller, but generally MUCH LOUDER overall.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,511
    Options

+1

They should make the male survivors naturally quieter than the females to give them a more fair trade off.

So females smaller advantage, males sound advantage.

Currently the females are just a bigger advantage all around for the most part.

I'd like to play the males more but it feels like I'm significantly disadvantaging myself when I do.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

Us Dweets don't need to crouch. We have our lockers.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options
  • Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,971
    Options

You seriously bumped a two-year old thread just to see if it would be bumped?

First day online?

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options