The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Gen taping solutions

So i've been talking to some ppl about gen tapping (after being kicked by a killer not that gen taps cuz of ruin). It's really annoying as a killer when you kick a gen (that doesn't even regress a lot) and then you go and chase a survivor and he just taps that gen for half a sec so it stops regressing. What about if you would get a skillcheck that was half the normal size so when you tap a gen you need to hit that skill check in order to stop the regression, if you don't hit it gen regresses 10% (you can make skillcheck harder with using overcharge, and this perk would actually be used more often). and still proccedes to regress if skillcheck is missed. that 10% stacks with overcharge % of regressed gen. It would make that gen tap in the middle of a chase more difficult and you could really ######### your team up with that annoying thing. It would be a good and welcome change imo.

Comments

• TIRATORE
    TIRATORE Member Posts: 7
    it's really a good thing. I have this idea too, but imo 10% are too many (standard regression after failing a skillcheck is 5%)
  • Ray_Penber
    Ray_Penber Member Posts: 94
    Well, there is the overcharge perk. Does pretty much what you just said except it doesn't keep regressing after failing it.
  • MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

@Ray_Penber said:
    Well, there is the overcharge perk. Does pretty much what you just said except it doesn't keep regressing after failing it.

yea but if it would be like i said, overcharge would just make skillchack more difficult and it would eventually regress the gen even more plus gen would still be in regression since skillcheck was missed. i think 10% for normal missed skillcheck when gen was kicked is fair amount since the gen continues to regress if skillcheck is missed. it could even give survivor small hindered when skillcheck is on the screen so it would be even riskier going for this plays. rn tapping regressing gen means 0 risk but high reward since gen stays at the % it's at and will be fixed really fast when other survivor comes to it.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    overcharge should be just basekit. It's a trash perk not worth a perkslot but still not to strong for basekit
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

The only drawback for this change is that the obnoxious 3-gen strat's gonna get even better.

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

@se05239 said:
    The only drawback for this change is that the obnoxious 3-gen strat's gonna get even better.

survivors have a perk that counters 3 gen. Deja vu shows you 3 closest gens together so this perk might even be used once or twice.