They call it 40 perk "rework" for a reason

Options
Obelt
Obelt Member Posts: 357

So ive seen a good chunk of people hoping that the selected perks are only going to be nerfed or buffed but i don't believe thats the case they call it a "rework" which means it'll be given a new effect entirely whether it be good or bad we'll have to see for ourselves

Comments

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

I have a feeling most will be tiny. Like changing Lethal Pursuer +/- a few seconds.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

Although I would usually agree with you and I do tend to believe that when someone says reworked that it means they'll be changed almost entirely, or at least a good portion of the way. However that's not Behavior's definition of reworked, as we saw with The legion and GF "reworks".

Yeah they got some decent addon changes in their add-on pass they did. But for the most part, they stayed exactly the same power wise. A few things were tweaked with their powers, like the legion lethality fix. But mostly their huge rework we were expecting boiled down to a few number tweaks to their existing powers, quality of life fixes, and then just a change to their chase music.

So when Behavior says rework, I'm gonna assume slight number tweaks on most of them. At least until such a time when I'm proven wrong. I'd rather be proven wrong and be happy that they're making actual changes, rather than being proven wrong and disappointed that I was let down because I thought they were making ACTUAL changes.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

I think it’s because of Freddy and docs rework we expect huge changes. We’re not getting reworks that completely change the character there making buffs and changes while still keeping them who they are

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389
    Options

I assume we are going to have buffs and nerfs in some numbers, but some of them will be completely reworked (so basically brand new perks).

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Plot twist, it's all buff.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

They probably will add basekit anti tunneling, camping. And basekit gen regression. They said they will deal with the meta and I believe them.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

And don’t forget they also said these perk changes are in conjunction with some changes to the base game. So it’s quite possible for instance they’re looking at maybe slowing gen speeds down across the board to make slowdown perks seem less “necessary” and then nerfing all those slowdown perks they listed so they don’t become overpowered with the new base speeds. Likewise since both BBQ and Chili and We’re Gonna Live Forever are on the list they might be considering just increasing the baseline bloodpoints per match to make those perks feel less needed for the perceived grind and then replacing their BP bonuses with some other effect.

Those specific things are just me speculating, obviously, but my point is they did confirm things are changing in the core game to address why certain types of perks are Meta, it’s not just buffing and nerfing perks themselves.

• Obelt
    Obelt Member Posts: 357
    Options

So meta perks true reworks and the useless perks number buffs omg imagine monster shrine buffed 25% faster kill time lmao

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

They will Nerf all Meta Killer Perks and Buff Dead Hard so it can be used 3 times in a dhase i See it Coming

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464
    Options

Killers will suffer the most with the reworks while survivors will only get little changes, most good changes will be for survivors and bad for killers

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I just hope Knock Out gets reworked to not encourage slugging.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

The worst most useless perks are probably going to be reworked, for example how do you make Sole Survivor, Deja Vu, Coulrophobia or Monstrous Shrine decent without reworking them? tampering with the numbers wont do, sure you could make Coulrophobia slow healing by 100% and still would be awful, Sole Survivor giving wide map aura inmunity? still trash.

Others will get tweaked, for example Lightweight and Overcharge (decent effects but weak to be good) and others will get CDs or timers, wouldnt be surprised a CD on Tinkerer and timer on Iron Will.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205
    Options

Well, it will be good to stop playing again. So much free time.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,363
    Options

You have to wait and see.

They could delete a bunch of perks as some of them are pretty much useless or have way better alternatives - which will not happen as every three month there are even 3 more perks coming.

I hope the reworks will really be reworks. Some new cool effects which you can actually use.

All the Meta stuff is simply too strong. I hope they tone that down a bit.

• RavenBirb
    RavenBirb Member Posts: 457
    Options

The only one im waiting for is Dead Hard to be changed, too many survivors are kept out of ash thanks to that perk and it needs to go. Let's have some real skill in the game already

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

They actually called it a meta overhaul so...