I just wanna say thank you to the wholesome killers this event!

Options

There are very few but I just wanna say thank you! Yall out here doing the lord's work πŸ™πŸ₯Ί It's nice to have a break from the camping and tunneling to just have a nice killer being chill, you keep me going 😌

Comments

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,514
    edited June 2022
    Options

Goes both ways tbh.

I don't get why people are surprised that events don't go smoothly. Most "event" matches are as sweaty as regular matches.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I just wish I could play the game and not have to worry that the opponent insists on farming or that half my team wants to farm and the killer doesn't. These events always turn into an extended break because I just want to play a normal game.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    Options

I've not had many, but the handful I have had I was very grateful to.

• SimplyPixelated06
    SimplyPixelated06 Member Posts: 469
    Options

I've been having 99% "normal" games, so I'm happy when I have something else, either chill survivors or chill killers, cause i don't see it often.

• Witchubtet
    Witchubtet Member Posts: 640
    Options

I actually gave up on being ruthless because I got so much hate from survivors. So I started doing Good Vibe Event games.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Tbh they are much worse both sides want to be as horrible and sweaty as possible to ruin the event....I won't get any of the masks because of survivors rushing Gens to escape and the buggy Invite spawns that are going on that the Devs won't fix....Out of 100+ games I only found 1 invite and got the Trickster Mask...I don't even own thst flamboyant knife boi.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    edited June 2022
    Options

Yeah, i am looking to get some games done tonight again. I only played 6 on Thursday and didn't have time to play the weekend.

But i didn't know that survivor had to live until egc, luckily my track record is only one kill at the moment by a survivor intentionally dying to egc after i downed them twice to slow down the timer and bring them to the door.

• hex_uwu
    hex_uwu Member Posts: 201
    Options

I had a game yesterday against a pig who was clearly struggling. 2 or 3 gens popped before she even injured anyone (tbh I thought it was an afk killer). And even though it was solo queue we all seemed to agree to slow down on gens and when we had one left we just 99'd them. We had fun just running her, taking hits, unhooking, getting wglf stacks, cleansing totems, etc. What would have been a 1 hook game for her became a 8 hook game (1 dead, 2 on death, 1 with 1 hook). Everyone ended the game with 25k-32k points and although everyone was console so I couldn't ask, I like to think everyone, especially the killer, had a good game.

Up until that point I'd had non-stop frustrating games with sweaty killers and useless teammates. It was really nice having a team that were all on the same page (a David with one hook took a down to prevent her killing a Mikaela on death hook) and a killer who wasn't training for a $10 tournament. It doesn't really cost you much, on either side, to slow things down a bit if your opponent is struggling. You have more fun and get more bloodpoints - at least, that was my experience.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025
    Options

Thank you for bringing some positive vibes to the forum. Usually when someone does an early DC I'll hook everyone else twice and then wait at the exit door. I mean, I don't farm with them, but I don't care about kills, so I let them escape.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

I've only had 1 so far, a deathslinger. He let us all escape and I helped him find the invitation.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

I've mainly been having great games so far. Only one match thus far which has had the try hard survivors who decide the kill themselves at the end of the match to not gain mmr and then continue to try trash talk once the game has ended.

• xfireturtlex
    xfireturtlex Member Posts: 419
    Options

We do exist 😁

This was not a farming match. I got my 2 hooks on everybody, then slugged em if they got down again. I think they caught on to was i was doin n slowed down on gens a bit, but everybody still gave it their best. Made for some fun, strong chases n good cat n mouse gen play. Sadly, only one other person brought the flan, but it was a fun game...id imagine for everybody.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

If I see 4 or 5 cakes I am doublehooking everyone before sacrificing anyone. If they go down and they would be sacrificed I just slug them until everyone is doublehooked.

Even if 3-4 survivors escape I get enough bloodpoints. However often I manage a 4k even when playing like this.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 272
    Options

❀️ Aww is so nice when survivors tell me that they were able to complete a challenge thanks to my help! I love playing friendly during the event.

Also thanks to those survivors who understand the friendly gestures. I played as a friendly Ghostface and was called "noob killer" πŸ₯΄

I mainly use Ghostface and Wraith for friendly matches and some survivors are good laughs.

• hex_uwu
    hex_uwu Member Posts: 201
    Options

I love when people tell you you helped with a challenge! I had a ghostface a few months ago who spent a solid minute trying to grab me off a gen. I figured if he was willing to throw a game trying to get a grab it was probably for a good reason and let him. He hooked me, I got off with deliverance, we teabagged each other and then he chilled with me while I finished the gen. I then slow vaulted a pallet so he could grab me again. He let me wriggle off by the gate and in post game they were super sweet and thanked me for helping them get a grab challenge. I hope that player is having a good event!

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2022
    Options

Being killer is a tough job. Even when you try to be nice it can backfire on you. But I am trying Ringo... I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 691
    Options

I do my best. Admittedly I think more are playing killer atm because queue times are longer but still on the most part it’s been good. I do wonder whether 2 hooking everyone and never killing is going to tank my mmr meaning that on average my games will be very easy for a while but so be it, I generally let obviously newer players go anyway. They aren’t going to learn or get better by killing them quickly.

Survivors need to reach end game to get their stuff so killing feels pretty mean.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options

I've shifted to a mentality where no matter what side I'm playing, I start playing hard. Work on slamming gens if I'm survivor, and aim for 8 hooks 0 k on killer. If the other side is struggling or trying to have a chill game I'll back off and make sure everyone has fun - if they came to try hard, I don't let up the gas. First couple days of the event there were a lot of chill games...the longer the event goes on, the fewer of those there've been. And that's not to say that I'm always the one in control of the game, had some seal team 6 survivors and hyper tunnel killers, but if I start off assuming there's going to be a hard match I'm more likely to at least get an ok amount of points if I'm right, and if I'm wrong, then everyone leaves happy.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

I have rule of thumb: if I win, I let everyone still breathing go. For example if I finished with two slugs, both go. Usually last one go, because I rarely slug 3rd survivor and sweatily search for the last one.

Got hundreds of such chats, one girl even blessed my soul. Got 5-6 BMs in end game chat in my WHOLE killer "career".

Even so called "bully squads" are very nice at the end. But I do attrocious things as killer and could be banished from killer society for that. I don't camp, tunnel, slap on hook or use NOED.

It's just not really make any sence, but too many players go to DbD, spending their free time, not to have fun or be better, but to relieve anger on somebady. Besides pitiful player the whole situation is sad.

• Huntressmain_1223
    Huntressmain_1223 Member Posts: 153
    Options

I don't know the games I've been having survivors have been just gen rushing constantly or DC at random times, I've been trying to be nice, maybe even letting one or two go if the game was sweaty, but usually for me lately, it's been over before I can even look up

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514
    Options

Nice killers where havent seen one yet just scourge pain with dead mans and pop and ruin

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514
    edited June 2022
    Options

they have to gen rush its literally the only way... bhvr designed our mask conditions that way dont blame survivors blame bhvr.

• Huntressmain_1223
    Huntressmain_1223 Member Posts: 153
    Options

Not blaming anyone, just trying to join in the conversation of how my games have been

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025
    Options

First match of the day and I chose a meme - The Terror Wraith. A baby Nancy and a baby Meg who tried her adept achievement were so adorable, that I couldnt kill'em 😍 And no, we didnt farm together!

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 272
    Options

That's awesome!!! It feels great when you understand the challenge the other team is trying to complete with such a limited communication πŸ˜‚

I remember during the snowmen event, i was throwing yellow bottles at survivors inside them to help them reach the exit faster (which i don't really know if it helped, but still!)

During this event (except for Ghostface and Wraith, which i use for full friendly matches), I play "normally" while I kill some and let some escape, but for example i let Haddies leave in case they're doing the challenge for the legs. Since many won't even have decent perks unlocked on her yet and why not 🀣

I also remember as survivor, a match where we faces a pretty new Pyramid head who didn't hook a single person during the match and after 99% the gates, my teammates and I stood next to a hook taking turns to let this person get some points for hooking. I'll always remember how that PH was not only grateful but also said that we were a good challenge and that would help them to improve and keep trying...such a wonderful attitude, I hope they are a top PH by now 😜

Ppl on both sides can be sooo wholesome ❀️

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Honestly I'm happy for any person who can get to end game and just be a good sport no matter what happens in game.

That's how I roll and I hope many other players do to.

I get why people might find some gameplay annoying or tedious but really its all just gameplay.

Event or no event its nothing worth getting worked up over because its only a game.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500
    Options

Been running a speed limiter Bubba all day long to counter all those Franklin and basement campers, had a lot of fun and wholesome interactions. Remember to have fun everyone.