The event.. Hows it treating ya? Lobbywait aside i mean

Options
As title says how is it treating you? Im doing okay so far! I think ill just forcus on Fengs outfit then atop caring about it tho

Comments

• Belhemot
    Belhemot Member Posts: 3
    Options

It is not bad, except for the increase in survey saying i should allow one to escape with the lantern and much bigger gen rushing then before. Im focusing on getting 6 coins then bying feng a huntress ,if i get more coins maybe i go for the ace but i dont really care about him

• nancyt1428
    nancyt1428 Member Posts: 66
    Options

The lobby wait is ridiculous but other than that, I'm having a pretty good time with it.

• Sinner
    Sinner Member Posts: 334
    Options

There was another thread like this where I said I was happy about it. In the meantime I changed my mind, because I am terribly frustrated of the fact that I spend 50k bps to get an offering and no one else uses one, than they take my lamp.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options
    Had 6 survivors who worked with the killer so far and ebony mori, tunnel, camp in almost every game... And of course lobby simulator. Very fun. Good thing I almost got my coins so I can finally return to playing killer which is ridiculously easy these days.
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options
    Im having a blast. No survivor is leaving with any of those ridiculous lanterns on my watch  :)
  • BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678
    Options

I'm being forced to play survivor because it is sooooooo much faster.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Being sandbagged by Survivors who want my Vessel. Overall having a terrible time playing this game during the event as a Solo Survivor.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515
    Options

I don't have too long of queue times. When playing with friends it takes a good minute or two, sometimes longer. With killer at rank 11 it's pretty much instant.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

Got my first two coins pretty quickly playing survivor, thought I'd try get my last playing Killer, bad mistake. I don't know if it's something with the ques but I'm getting matched with ranks 1s as a rank 8 killer more then usual.
    Once I get that 3rd Coin I'll be taking a brake from the game, this is just too stressful not what I look for in a game :lol:

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

Well it's alright, i managed to get the 2 cosmetics i set out to get with no problems whatsoever. Now if they could fix the lobbies for survivors then that would be nice.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    Awful.

Do most of the gen work, get chased and hooked as the last gen pops, get left to die as the rest run out.

Or

Loop the killer for 3-4 gens, get hooked as the last gen pops, get left to die as the rest escape.

Also I've never been bodyblocked so much by fellow survivors. Everyone is playing so selfish which is the wrong direction to take the game. This just leads to survivors  wanting a solo playstyle which then has them asking for huge buffs.

They should be encouraging teamwork and co-operation. Weak seperate but strong together.

This just means that once again the game is better played in SWF, but then killers complain and lobby didge so....
  • Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    Options
    Awful.

Do most of the gen work, get chased and hooked as the last gen pops, get left to die as the rest run out.

Or

Loop the killer for 3-4 gens, get hooked as the last gen pops, get left to die as the rest escape.

Also I've never been bodyblocked so much by fellow survivors. Everyone is playing so selfish which is the wrong direction to take the game. This just leads to survivors  wanting a solo playstyle which then has them asking for huge buffs.

They should be encouraging teamwork and co-operation. Weak seperate but strong together.

This just means that once again the game is better played in SWF, but then killers complain and lobby didge so....
    Oh! Welcome back! Yeah. This event is now a "all that matters is me" for solo survivors, and to be honest. Its justified a bit when i see a grpup of survivors screw said one over, qnd i happen to know they are a SWF group. Poor dude basically got sandbagged. All over a vessel.
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

I havent been giving the lanterns too much attention as killer, since they interrupt momentum to hunt down and sometimes just dont seem to light up at all? Also finding a lot of hook divers which takes away the ability to break them. Just from killing people though I'm getting a decent amount of points. (Also no lobby wait because I'm playing killer)

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Awful.

Or

Oh! Welcome back! Yeah. This event is now a "all that matters is me" for solo survivors, and to be honest. Its justified a bit when i see a grpup of survivors screw said one over, qnd i happen to know they are a SWF group. Poor dude basically got sandbagged. All over a vessel.
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've been reduced to running Decisive Strike. I feel so dirty and toxic, but right now it's a better asset to me than any other survivor.

I had a Claudette the other day. Grabs the lantern at the start, camps in the basement most of the game then gets the hatch when everyone else is dead. I really hope that person spends the rest of their entire DBD life against facecamping Wraiths.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    Has anyone else received full 45 points after dying as well? Had at least 3 games last night where I died on 3rd hook with a vessel and it counted towards my event score. Is this right or should I report a bug?
  • No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

still don't see the problems for wait times. My survivor games come in like 20 seconds

• HarryToeknuckles
    HarryToeknuckles Member Posts: 158
    Options

Today all my connections have been so bad it's not even worth it most of the time. Wait in lobby, get horrible connection, repeat. Was able to play ok yesterday though.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options
    It's been great. Running Bond, Prove Thyself, and toolboxes. Been screaming through gens faster than the Nurse chasing Nea with soap.
  • HarryToeknuckles
    HarryToeknuckles Member Posts: 158
    Options

The few games I do get it seems like people forgot how to play, just running around blindly until they're hooked.

• Dokta_Carter
    Options
    It's been great. Running Bond, Prove Thyself, and toolboxes. Been screaming through gens faster than the Nurse chasing Nea with soap.
    Ironically even tho its been buffed all i see are Exhaustion perks, preminition self care and prety much any other useful perk nore the PTS ..then again you dont need that when you can hit Great SkillChecks all the time..
  • Dokta_Carter
    Options

The few games I do get it seems like people forgot how to play, just running around blindly until they're hooked.

chicken potatos are the real killers in this game... Becauae bam. Your screwed when two or more are hooked
  • malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options
    My goal as a survivor is 12 points per game. My goal for killer is the same. I'd like to get 5 coins. I've already gotten two. I wish killers would lay off the ruin and mori's but I get it. When I run killer I use Freddy. I don't play any differently. My killer goal is to get my four BBQ stacks and after that anything else is just gravy. Same with this event. As survivor I'm definitely less altruistic and will hang on a generator a bit longer than usual.

Lobby times are outrageous though. Fack.
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options
    A bit poor though I'm climbing out of ez ranks to reach 15 on both sides the survivors I'm paired with are either massive cowards or potatoes. A rank 10 died to an 18 leather face and I was the only one who finished a Gen before we got 4kd.
    As for killer the survivors there has at least 1 DC even if someone fails to load in. I am not even doing scummy builds, camp or tunnel. 
  • Dokta_Carter
    Options
    Awful.

Or

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've been reduced to running Decisive Strike. I feel so dirty and toxic, but right now it's a better asset to me than any other survivor.

I had a Claudette the other day. Grabs the lantern at the start, camps in the basement most of the game then gets the hatch when everyone else is dead. I really hope that person spends the rest of their entire DBD life against facecamping Wraiths.
    No problem. I know id like a warm welcome when i come back to a community, be it because i left voluntarily or not.

Ironically i dont think I've unlocked DS as a Teachable anyways and i just find it more fun to play on my own two feet. 
  • Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,525
    Options

Got my 5th coin now.
    According to timetable, 6&7 must be done by end of weekend... Must... Grind... On....

• Egonic
    Egonic Member Posts: 29
    Options

Mostly this is my experience

Not only because of the event and all the dc's the moment they go down, but also due to the massive amount of bugs, crashes and the like that make my games fairly unplayable.

• Dokta_Carter
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Egonic said:

Not only because of the event and all the dc's the moment they go down, but also due to the massive amount of bugs, crashes and the like that make my games fairly unplayable.

All we can do is put in reports about the problems. 

Though why the hell dc? Are they(survivors that get downed once or twice)... That desperate to have a 45 point match?(other then crashes)
  • Egonic
    Egonic Member Posts: 29
    Options

@Dokta_Carter said:
    Egonic said:

Though why the hell dc? Are they(survivors that get downed once or twice)... That desperate to have a 45 point match?(other then crashes)

Possibly, if they put out an event that forces grinding, it will definitely make people frustrated and quit games where things look like wasted time. Might also be just that, people who don't play much come back to grind the event, and just abuse the lack of dc punishment.

Guessing the current state of the game also triggers more dc's than usual, there are so many bugs that cheapen matches, hits clips through walls and objects, vaulting is messy, etc.. etc..

• Dokta_Carter
    Options
    Egonic said:

@Dokta_Carter said:
    Egonic said:

Possibly, if they put out an event that forces grinding, it will definitely make people frustrated and quit games where things look like wasted time. Might also be just that, people who don't play much come back to grind the event, and just abuse the lack of dc punishment.

Guessing the current state of the game also triggers more dc's than usual, there are so many bugs that cheapen matches, hits clips through walls and objects, vaulting is messy, etc.. etc..

Annnnnd lag. Lets not forget about that... Get a yellow flickering red bar survivor who called me a lag switcher... All because he got downed twice...
  • KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Options
    I'm loving it. I dont think the devs intended everyone to just go mad grinding for coins immediately. I think they intended them to be OPTIONAL side objectives to complete whenever is convenient.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    KingB said:
    I'm loving it. I dont think the devs intended everyone to just go mad grinding for coins immediately. I think they intended them to be OPTIONAL side objectives to complete whenever is convenient.
    I guess they didn't pay attention to the last events. 
  • Dokta_Carter
    edited February 2019
    Options
    KingB said:
    To be fair, i sometimes think there should be mandatory ones for survivors. Sinply because if a survivor gets chased through 2-3 gens they wont get an amazing score on Lightbringer. Plus.. The time i see survivota do gens in is kinda amazing at times
  • Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    Options

I just don't understand why survivors get event progression even if they DC.. also I don't understand why killers have to purposefully DC when survivors open exit gates to escape with vessel so no one gets any meaningful amount of points...

• Dokta_Carter
    Options
    Snapshot said:

I just don't understand why survivors get event progression even if they DC.. also I don't understand why killers have to purposefully DC when survivors open exit gates to escape with vessel so no one gets any meaningful amount of points...

Your kidding me.
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options
    Aside from the gen rush, I love it. It's really cool for the killer to have something in the map to break for points, and it's really cool to have a big point bonus for carrying the lantern safely as survivor
  • Ticon
    Ticon Member Posts: 10
    Options

its gotten better- first day i quit this game.- now seems back to normal.