Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

the nurse

Tostapane
Tostapane Member Posts: 1,615

never saw so many threads asking for a nerf about her... tbh i think that the devs create her without thinking that this game could be still played until today (in short words she was a "mistake" if we can call her in that way)... i mean, she's the only killer in the game that literally ignore every defense (ignore gameplay's mechanics) that survivors have (except dead hard obviously) and in the beginning they were thinking about making a CASUAL horror game, not a get genrushed and looped/tunneled and camped ("competitve") game mindset that's dbd today... now regarding her i think that only the addons that will improve her blink range should be completely changed into something else, everything else about her is fine, maybe some little modifications about her hitboxes wouldn't be bad either...

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

She needs some add ons nerfed and/or made her after blink attacks a special attacks. Base nurse is fine just like base blight, its mostly add ons problem

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 541

Base kit Nurse is fine imo.. Double recharge and Blink range add ons however make her far more broken then she kinda sorta already is..

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Many killers can bypass loops, windows, and pallets, but nurse specifically can go through them.

I can get why she would be the outcast, but still...

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237
    edited June 2022

Dont mind me, just getting the copypaste out first:

• Survivor main will say she is "broken" or "unbalanced"
    • We will provide stats and data showing that in fact, she has a BAD winrate comparing to all killers, and is very hard to learn

• Survivor main will argue there is no counterplay
    • We will explain to survivor main how to counter a nurse
    • Survivor main will argue that despite this counterplay, it's still easy to get 4k with nurse at any elo
    • We will ask for winstreak video proof to back up this claim
    • Survivor main will ignore this request because unable to do it

Now for my opinion.

Its funny that in this forum, buffing bottom up is only allowed for survivors. So much for a "killermain"-forum.

Nurse should stay as is until atleast more than 33% of killers are on her niveau.

• Tostapane

elaborate... a killer that can go through walls, pallets and windows is a killer that ignore every kind of obstacle (the only exception are lockers)

• Tostapane

again i'm not here to ask a nerf for this killer, i'm speaking in general since i saw A LOT of people complaining about it... for me she's fine, without mentioning that her hitboxes should be fixed when she blinks (looking at you basement and hills)

• Mewishis
    Mewishis Member Posts: 305

Actually its basically the same amount as back then when everyone was calling for nurse to be nerfed when she was actually op and had a killrate at all levels higher than the roof.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Thats a friggin lie we saw what happens to the killers who get "tweaks". People praise the mcclean patch but it irrepably damaged both spirit and deathslinger. Nurses changes massively hurt her playrate with players like aredetha expresses frustration at how much time was spent looking at the ground. Hillbilly got the "light" overheat tweak which led to a mass hillbilly exodus. (Pretty funny sentence out of context.)

There is zero trust in killer nerfs because they always go overboard and give sweet fa back. You wanna nerf nurse finish what you started and fix slinger,spirit and hillbillly. You cant keep hammering the rooster of distinct killers and push us to play this m1 trash legion, ghostface crap.

In conclusion Whether you like them or not those killers got hit pretty badly. You got your many pounds of flesh. Leave the nurse be!

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

She already has a cooldown on blinks, 3 second fatigue on missed hits, extra fatigue for blinking more than once in a row.

• SimplyPixelated06
    SimplyPixelated06 Member Posts: 469
    edited June 2022

Spirit is fine she deserved the nerf she got, now she has actual couterplay and can't use standing still as a "mind game" and deathslinger could maybe use the slightest buff, keyword "slight". Nurse needs a nerf, she's the only killer right now in my opinion that needs it. Everyone else doesn't need one, but nurse definitely does, certainly to her addons, and some tweaks here and there.

• SimplyPixelated06

Well maybe she needs a bigger cooldown, idk, just an idea. But what I mainly want to see is her addons having a big nerf.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    edited June 2022

On over 50% of the maps Nurse needs the blink range addon, I play her without addons and you need like 8 min blinks to go from the end of the red forest to the other.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

Do not go lumping in recharge with range addons. There is a big difference in what they do and their affect on her traversal, and their respective counterplay - and I haven't seen experienced mains lump them together.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    edited June 2022

There is a common misconception that the nurse has no counter play because she isn't countered by the same brain dead looping that most M1 killers are countered by.

There are videos about juking, looping and stunning the nurse but its easier to just complain and scream for nerfs than it is to be observant and switch up your playstyle.

Nurses mechanics are pretty clunky and it takes a bit of effort to master her but I tip my hat to anyone who has because once you do she can be very strong.

But that strength mostly comes from survivors having no clue about how to play around her.

Running loops as survivor is pretty stock standard and the onus is mostly on killers to mind game the survivor if they want a hit.

Nurse largely reverses this thinking, survivors have to mind game the nurse to avoid the hit.

Guess what... mind games can be hard and require a lil luck. There is some guess work involved but that's not a bad thing because it keeps things interesting.

You gotta break line of sight as much as possible, double back and listen for the activation cue for her power.

Juke when you hear the cue not when she pops up in your face, because its usually too late then.

Aim dressing is your friend leverage your smaller hit box around corners and obstacles, the number of times I've hit junk because that tiny piece of collision took the hit for the survivor is not even funny.

If I'm stuck at a loop where I can't break line of site then I'll play around the corners when she blinks juke back around the corner and bam she'll hit the wall and not me.

On short low loops a smart nurse will try and blink you on straight edges this is when timing the juke becomes a lil luck based. If all goes well it'll be blink, juke, blink aim dress at corner because you double backed well, continue looping.

Lastly distance gaining perks are your friend, lithe, sprint burst, dead hard against a good nurse it'll save you when forced into the open and get you to that next structure.

Post edited by pseudechis on
  • Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

Maybe they will look into the Nurse with the amount of people and threads complaining about her. That's up to the devs to decide whether it is necessary or not

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,594
    edited June 2022

You meant on her "level" ;) (Mais bon, je peux me tromper ...)

• drsoontm
    edited June 2022

Here we go again.

The Nurse has the lowest kill rate and most agree there are a lot of bad Nurses and a handful of good ones. (Survivors who are winning often are probably going against a good one from time to time. A problem that'll be solved automatically once other killers start to be relevant.)

She is so hard to use that it requires a lot of effort and skill to use her effectively. Something most players apparently don't want or are unable to do. (And some believe they have in a week or so. For an explanation about these geniuses walking among us, search online for "The Dunning Kruger effect")

Which means survivors losing against her are losing against someone who had put a lot more effort in it than what they are ready to do.

I find that more than acceptable. Any survivor training even a fraction of what a good Nurse player had to endure would have no issue against her.

Losing against someone better who trains harder should feel normal to everyone. If anything, the real issue here is all the other killers weak players don't complain about.

Instead of complaining, survivors should play her and watch how decent survivors are cleaning the floor with them. They may even start to understand how to play against her themselves.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Yes i mean her level.

I'm german but strangely I use Niveau a lot without recognising it's french origin lol. What you learn in childhood haunts you for the rest of your life lol.

• Zarathos

Tldr they added some really obnoxious downtime and poor map decisions that makes a lot of fun top end killers awful to play. They should go about fixing the rooster they messed up and half assedly changed.

Were just gonna pretend hillbilly dosent exist bury any sign that he was once the gold standard for killers. The maps got even more cluttered further nerfing his power so map traversal is awful

Also "a slight buff for slinger" the man has zero unique selling point. Hes got a range limit projectile with a break out clause. Slight buff to hell with that man needs an exposed shot or an in built slowdown bounty system. If you people had your way you give him a faster pallet breaking speed and call it a day. He needs help desperatly. His kit is absent of an actual major advantage he a pale imitation of every ranged killer in the game.

No nurse does not need her play rate declining any further high skill killers warrant a large amount of power. Its the reward you recieve for learning the killer.

Spirit has counterplay thats nice but what tricks do she have beyond phasing and speed. The addons hinted we were getting a spirit with a more dynamic power that can block valuts and return her to her husk but they didnt properly implement them the husk dosent move in any dynamic controllable manner to utilise its effect. "She deserve it might" as well be code for i got what i wanted i dont care.

Its important when your making chamges to actually consider how that counterplay is gonna afect them. There are blight and nurse as the sole killers that actually scale to higher tier play. This is far to view and only creqtes stale game for vetran players

• drsoontm

I guess a bit like I'm using some German words casually without recognizing them as such until an Austrian colleague pointed it out ;)

• foxsansbox
    edited June 2022

I believe I've seen you post this in another thread and it got 0 replies. If Nurse truly has one issue I believe it's that someone who practices Nurse gains experience at a disproportionate rate to the survivors that go against her because:

• They're losing to just 'good' Nurses, lowering their standards on what a great Nurse actually is
    • When they play against truly bad nurses, they aren't getting the interactions they need in enough frequency to learn
    • When they play against truly great nurses (which is infinitely rarer than any of these walking-potatoes would have anyone believe) the game ends so quick that they still don't get the interactions they need to learn
    • The above makes it very easy for people to be twat-monkeys and go "NURSE OP MUST NERF/REMOVE/REMOVE ADD-ONS." - Without feeling the need to provide any compelling evidence
    • These higher tier characters all have more dynamic kits that are harder to learn and play less traditionally than M1 looping (Huntress, Nurse, Blight, Spirit). As a result, they are inherently more swingy in game results. In a game where we're already getting 4E or 4K and very little in-between they exaggerate that swing further

It is really a shame that so few people can identify this, understand this, and then realize that they really should play some games as Nurse to improve their overall experience.

TLDR: I still want footage of everyone complaining about nurse, playing nurse.

• drsoontm

I believe I've seen that post. I believe I've simply upvoted it as there is nothing to add really. Besides theses posts don't really need to be upped.

• SimplyPixelated06

Nurse definitely needs a nerf to her addons. If you can't see she's over powered with them, thats a you problem, and you haven't played enough survivor to realize that.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,133

Pallets are the only real way survivors can defend themselves so she technically does.

• Zarathos

Boy i been playing survivor since the days of 5 blink nurse and oringinal omega blink nurse dont you dare make stupid assumptions. If you think distance and range answers every problem your wrong. Los blockers which there are way more of in map updates (not that you would notice judging by your tone).

I bet you vault every window and wonder how that nurse can hit you through a mindless hold w strat. Distance means nothing vs nurse its all about utilising los blockers and forcing the nurse to read whether your doubling back or pushing forward. If the nurse takes short blinks you push for distance if she blinking far range be ready to double back.

Vaults are a death sentence they give free information and plant a giant neon lights warning the survivor jumped a window and is here locked in an animation thats gonna kill you.

Again los bloclers every open route you take is just an invitation to get stomped. Nurse is effectively a huntress hatchet that goes through walls once you play with these things in mind you will perform much better vs her.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

the nurse PFPs are out in force.

• SimplyPixelated06

It quite literally shows you the addons are broken, you teleport quicker with an already powerful addon that increases range on blinking. Did you even watch the video or just see otz and make this comment lol

• SimplyPixelated06
    edited June 2022

I think thats proof enough but ok. This thread shows how a bunch of matches turned out against a bunch of nurses. And whats the common thread? Besides everyone dying in all the matches its the same 3 addons. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/329443/nerfnurse/p1

• foxsansbox

Are you suggesting I won't get DC'ers and potatoes if I use non-range addons? Because I get them all the time and I haven't touched those addons in weeks.

• SimplyPixelated06

People will dc all the time, its unfortunately just how it is. But without these addons nurse can still be quite oppressive depending on her perks, its kinda just in her nature ig. Maybe could use some base tweaks, idk. But I mainly care about the addons.

• SimplyPixelated06

Many people, including myself. Have constantly had these kinds of nurse matches. At high mmr, nurse is pretty near impossible to escape against, and they are always extremely oppressive nurses with good addons and perks.

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570

Bro do u even read what u wrote? Windows and Pallets are the bones of the game every other killer has to deal w them except nurse. Also “using the map” is not counterplay, for some maps are just awfully designed.

the red forest is so large most m1 killers suffer on it. As for midwich is so small it’s the opposite. Survs will infect it with so many boons, by the time u find one theyll put another far away. Etc etc

that being said basekit nurse is fine. Her addons are not. Now there is basically no punishment for missing blinks with the recharge/range addons. If I misread a surv’s move One quick blink can fix that, and theres nothing they can do about it. like are they gonna pull down a pallet? LoL

Moreover, her mechanics also affect other killers. For instance, “Make Your Choice” with a shorter cooldown. On Most killers it would be ok, on nurse could be exploitable

• foxsansbox
  • Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited June 2022

Hell no to extra cooldown. Her base is fine and offers plenty of counterplay. The addons are what tips the scale because any mindgame you do is soon nullified by recharge and range.

all this talk about increasing cd or changing her m1 or lunge range is awful.

• Zarathos

Engages in explaining the imtricacies of buying time vs nurse. Response hur dur streamer say killer too strong. Fact even the best streamers have been wrong before. Cough sadako is A tier cough slinger will still be very powerful post changes. Mmr will help the devs fix the game. Otdz despite the rumours is human and his takeo n nurse is bad.

Nurse wasnt built for average players. Average killers struggle to play her and make all kinds of stupid mistakes. She currently fill the niche of being for excellent killers and allows these players to compete vs the creme de la creme survivors. Her addons being busted is nonsense it it in line with the power of every other nonesense perk/item in survivors aresenal. Dead hard, coh, green med kits. Bapance meams botj sides jave an even power level if you slinger/billied nurse you would leave it to only blight for high end dbd games.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I hate when people say "But nurse has a low kill rate", by that logic pig is OP because her kill rate is high and she needs to be nerfed.

If you only go against bad nurses, it's because your MMR is low.

Now I dont know what my MMR is, but on crossplay off I NEVER get bad nurses.

By that same logic, I mostly get survivors who dead hard into walls so dead hard is fine.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
  • SimplyPixelated06

Well I can't convince you and you can't convince me. She is broken in my opinion, at least with her addons. If she could only be gone against in very high mmr it wouldn't be an issue, but obviously that doesn't happen and never will happen, if it did happen, I'm sure nurse players would find it hard to ever find matches. So the way I see it is she needs to have her addons nerfed so the average player base don't keep finding themselves in impossible to win matches, because you can't expect most people to be able to have the ability to beat her the way she is, most people don't, and that's not an issue of everyone else having to adjust themselves to meet the criteria, but for nurse to be nerfed so people at least have a chance.

• SimplyPixelated06

What I mainly want to see is her addons having a heavy nerf. And making blink attacks only count as base attacks, because she has too much mobility for those kinds of perks to work on her me thinks. But yes definitely the addons

• drsoontm

No, it's because I know Nurse so I know how to exploit her many weaknesses.

• drsoontm

Interesting match, thank you for sharing.

Watching it, I was able to predict each time your position relative to the Nurse would get you hit. I'm guessing that Nurse was at the very least decent (hard to judge from the view of a single survivor, obviously).

I could see some of the mistakes you made, but I mentally did some mistakes you didn't do. (I've taken notes to fix these in my next match ;) )

My favorite part however is the shack corner play at 4:02 : you've turned back right before she landed which was the only safe way to survive it. Most survivors go back too late or run into a Nurse landing before the corner. (I know you know, but I'm leaving that here for the ones who don't.)

• Zarathos

That's assinine. You will encounter good nurses if you play well or matchmaking has a fit. I layout the strategies the methods of beating her and you efectively say not my dbd. No quite frankly were sick of this tantrum attitude of oh its to strong I can't beat it even though we give all the tips and advice to overcome it. Gating killer play so we don't have upper level killers because the average players cant handle it is assinine. IF there was no counterplay if there was no counterplay there would be grounds for change but there is and its create a completely different kind off dbd experience. A break from the same looping crap that is getting tired and old especially with current map designs very unfeasible.