How often do YOU escape as Solo?

Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I'm at about 60%.

I know it's not godlike or whatever, but I'm OK with escaping about half the time I queue up.

ยซ1

Comments

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2022

surprisingly often, definitely over 50% - I think maining killer lets me play around majority of killers in a way surv mains dont

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I would say 50-60% of the time

• Mewishis
    Mewishis Member Posts: 305

Quite often over 50% of the time which is funny because I'm altruistic to a fault and get myself killed for my teammates often lol in kamikaze runs.

• Raccoon

Oh, my playstyle flips on a dime, haha

THEY'LL COME BACK FOR ME...THEY'VE BEEN BODYBLOCKING FOR ME/CARRYING ALL GAME!

"Later, tater"

NOOOOOOO

• Mewishis
    Mewishis Member Posts: 305

lol I wish I could do that I just feel guilty like awww nobody is going for the rescue, they probally would have done the same for me so im going to go save them! Chargeee into killer with noed while their head is turned!

I have this problem as well when playing killer where if I see a survivor give up im like im sorryyy and lose my ability to kill them, worst part is they will be like hey guys the killer is friendly now so then im like how am i supposed to kill them noww????

though on the flip side if they were bming which im so sorry to the team of the bmer, but I am basically like oni out for blood which i honestly feel a bit guilty for all the times i mercilessly beat them up. At least there were no witnesses.. <.>

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

Id say 60 to 70 percent

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

I want to say that my escape rate is probably at least 50%. The only reason why it may be lower is that I main Bill and am way too altruistic at times. I usually will trade myself and let myself die if it means I can save someone else and have them escape. There are a few occasions where I will just leave, but usually I'll always try for the unhook. There have been times I completely went on a suicide mission alone because I didn't want to let a teammate die on first hook. This Bill isn't going to let you die on first hook...unless it's bubba.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,211
    edited June 2022

The times I don't survive as a solo survivor, are usually because one of them DCs, or because one gets camped at the start of the game and the others rush the hook.

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 599

Probably around 50% as well. I don't have the stats recorded but if anything I think I escape less when I'm playing with my two mates, but we are a chaotic bunch when playing together.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

Depends on the day, i'm pretty sure i didn't escape once yesterday while the day before i had like 90% escapes. Overall it's probably at least 50% tho, i don't really keep tracks bc i don't really care tbh.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

About 50%-70% when I try.

30%-40% when I'm going for MoM Stacks

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 686
    edited June 2022

i escape about 50%. For me, i play after midnight, its impossible escape more than this. SoloQ needs a massive help.

Post edited by Ricardo170373 on
  • Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

It's like 50% if nobody DCs or ragequits. Unfortunately, that means it's more like 35%.

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226

40% - 50%. I concentrate on tome challanges and helping teammates, rather than escaping. But I guess the biggest reason for this, is that I almost use no meta perks AND I'm bad at looping. ^^

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

Awfully lot more in Solo Q than in swf xD i'd say 60-70%

In SWF i tend to die for my friends, cuz altruism is a best killer perk. But in solo Q i don't feel the pressure of sacrificing myself to randoms. I still help them, but i won't overdo it

• moonwinx
    moonwinx Member Posts: 51

I keep stats, so I know exactly what my escape rates are for solo and the different group sizes for swf

Solo: 46.3% escape rate, Duo: 48.4%, 3 Man: 51.7%, 4 Man: 55.7%

Most of my survivor games are played in a duo (over half) with Solo being second most. I will say that my escape rates took a pretty big hit since the anniversary chapter came out (I was running over 50% in duo, learning to play around Dredge + anniversary event has put my survival rate in the tank).

I also have kill rates for each

Solo: 55.7%, Duo: 54.1%, 3 Man: 52.3%, 4 Man: 46.8%

Technically the solo kill rate might be off because I have no idea if the other 3 might be in a swf together.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

5-20% depending on how bad matchmaking is on any given day.

• brock
    brock Member Posts: 305
    edited June 2022

I usually die to save someone else, often in the endgame. My altruism is my downfall, but I want to try to help my team the best I can. Still, my escape rate is probably 50/50, I have my share of good and bad but it doesn't feel like I escape more than I die, or vice versa.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,227
    edited June 2022

If my queues are <1 minute: ~80% of the time. Had a 5 game 4 man escape streak at one point over the weekend in solo queue

If my queues are 3-5 minutes or more: ~50% of the time and I'm probably rage quitting after 2 or 3 games over clueless teammates

• GreenDemo
    GreenDemo Member Posts: 276

Ha ha ha.... no. I just don't.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Just over half of my games.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    edited June 2022

Doesn't he go out of his way to taunt killers and get their attention?

Same as above, longer queue times usually means more likely to die. Probably drops below 50% at night.

Post edited by Sludge on
  • Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566

I tend to dodge lobbies with no cosmetics and I'm still losing most of the time, It's either my meme builds aren't working efficiently or the killer is cracked and I'm on a SoloQ FFS.

I use Ace in the hole, Plunderers, Built to last and Head on.

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

In solo I survive like 20-30% of the matches. Its quite painful.

• Raccoon

Glad he got lucky with 30 in a row.

Truly a blessed day for him.

:)

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

30% in general, 10% in first three event days.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

40% - 50%

Sometimes the games are really bad.

• Raccoon

Apparently no one escapes ~50% percent of the time /s

Good job / nice stats

Unrelated - I'm really beginning to think that a certain portion of the player base has a severely skewed view of Solo.

• Raccoon

Anyone know the latest solo v swf escape rates?

Genuinely curious.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

From my last 303 solo queue matches. (Games with early disconnects/survivors suiciding on hook at 5 gens were discarded)

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    edited June 2022

Right now my solo escape rate is like 80% but my killer win rate dropped a bit. ;(

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Same. And there are a LOT of dcs and suicide on hook.

How much % was it with the disconnects/suicides? I think it's important to add those as well since they happen pretty often

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

I don't know, I haven't been keeping track of those. But if I had to guess I'd say then it would be closer to 40%. I also threw out a few games with hackers.

Since a ton of perks are getting changed this midchapter, that's likely when I'll end this set of data and post it.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

50-60%, thereabouts.

I've had an 11 death streak. The next day, I escaped 13 times out of 20.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I'd say about 50/50 depending on killer and team.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Iโ€™d say about 40-50% of the time for me, and Iโ€™m not by any means a great survivor player

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

honestly?

It depends on how I play. I am super altruistic and also use things like Head On builds - which are definitely not the strongest builds I could use. I am the person who will go for that risky save at the end of the match and take hits for team mates etc.

I tend to play for BP though and to enjoy chases, so I don't really focus on whether I survive or not - getting 18k-22k per match without escaping is ok with me.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383
    edited June 2022

Stats from January 2022. Average escape rate is about 45%. That includes 4-man, 3-man and 2-man SWF. Solo is probably around 35-40%. It will also depend on the region. In US many killers are meming, in Europe there are more try-hard killers.

My personal escape rate is around 25-35% in solo (Europe) and about 35-40% in 2-man SWF without comms with a very good looper on my side.

I would be cautious drawing any conclusions from this thread, people are more likely to brag their absurdly high escape rate then to admit they escape a small fraction of their games. And most people don't actually know how often they escape without taking notes of every game. Some killer-mains will overestimate their escape rate and survivor mains can underestimate it.

What we can be sure about is that the current AVERAGE solo escape rate is definitely not above 40%. Most likely it is even lower.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

I kinda agree that escape is not the "universal measure" and that's why I still think it's a bad idea to make it sole variable for MMR.

I'd better made another post like OP, how often you pip (escpecially on red). Because if you pip, you "played", participate in some action, not just camped on a hook in first minute to death.

But with that statistic I'd have 20% pip, 40% depip and 40% black pip. And that hurts.

Playing for keeps, playing for pips.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,535

Maybe i have to count someday.

But under 50%. But i play pretty reckless. And do daylies and tomes often.

• fixdeadhard
    fixdeadhard Member Posts: 134

Damn, what a coincidence.

Everyone commenting +50% solo escape rate seems to have a strong favoured killer post history.

thats so weird!๐Ÿ™ƒ

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

IDK maybe 50-50.

I often go on losing or winning streaks so it's hard to tell.

• Raccoon
  • Babadook83
    Babadook83 Member Posts: 208

i dont care about surviving, cause it will only increase my mmr and then i will encounter sweat lord killers, no thanks, i rather have teh games fun on the survivor side. so yeah if i can loop the killer aound and have some flashlight saves i had a good match most of the time

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,610

It depends on the day of the week as well as the hour. I'd say around 50%