Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How would you describe the current state of the Hillbilly?

Babadook83
Babadook83 Member Posts: 208

How would you describe the current state of the Hillbilly? 33 votes

(almost) completely unplayable and/or unenjoyable
30%
GibberishBlazelskiAGMHellraisingPredatorTatariuViktor1853AurelleSlingshot47usesPythontliff 10 votes
He's fine how he is now (except some minor issues)
27%
MiriamGDimekAhoyWolfRavenTheWraithThatOneDemoPlayersquib_guyPokedude1110FridayNightPizzaSlan 9 votes
a rare entity to be seen nowadays but still a reasonably good killer
42%
rooCraahSacrilegeGGMrPenguinRoboMojoMooksGhouled_MojoPr0p3r9SlowLorisjakubr21[Deleted User]FokusevancalgaryHitaricraker007 14 votes
He's even better (and/or more enjoyable) than he used to be
0%
other
0%

Comments

• Slan
    Slan Member Posts: 306

Since the cooldown was added, it became an uncommon killer, at least for me. The cooldown is simply too much, and I do not say it should be removed, but It should be more difficult to overheat the chainsaw. Or an add-on that removes the cooldown could also be added (as an iridiscent maybe?).

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

He's not unplayable but that was the only option that best aligns with my view that he is in a sorry state. The general gist is that he's too hard to play for new players, has been overshadowed by other killers who can do what he can but better, and that most of his add-ons are unacceptably bad/redundant/need changes. I made this comment for a different post on billy but it's pretty relevant here:

Why bother putting in the hundreds of hours necessary to master Billy if I can do what Billy can do (or better) on other killers with a fraction of the learning curve?

If you put in the time to learn Nurse, you are at least rewarded with the power to destroy 99% of the teams you come across. If you put in the time to learn Billy... you just get a worse version of Blight, or a more mobile Leatherface.

And then there's the whole problem where the vast majority of his add-ons are straight garbage (again, in comparison to Blight and Leatherface, who have a lot of add-ons that modify their powers in fun and engaging ways). Billy has Engravings and Lo-pro, with some niche builds utilizing Mother's Helpers, Tuned Carburetor, and Apex Muffler. Most everything else is either useless or training wheels. Nothing besides Engravings and Lo-pro are genuinely fun or transformative while also being viable against most above average teams.

Billy definitely needs some work. First, he needs to be easier to play for newer players. Second, he needs half an add-on pass. For example, one thing they could do is make his brown overheat add-on (Junkyard Air Filter) base-kit. Now Pighouse Gloves, Punctured Muffler, and Junkyard Air Filter can be reworked. Reduce the bump penalty at base by 12% to make going for cool saws less punishing, but add a stat to Engravings to increase the bump penalty by 6% on each; now they can redo Steel Toed Boots. Allow him to fully charge his chainsaw upon which either the sprint is initiated by pressing m1 or canceled with a short reholster time by pressing CTRL. Remove the bump penalty from Spiked Boots and make Dad's Boots have a separate effect. And finally, completely redo Iridescent Brick, Black Grease, Leafy Mash, Big Buckle, and Off-Brand Motor Oil.

11/20 of his add-ons have little to no effect and even some of the ones that do something tangible barely do anything at that; regardless of the discussion on how hard to play or good Billy is I think we can all agree: when it comes to his add-ons that's just unacceptable.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Rare to see but very much still a good/great killer.

He's just unfun to play for most.

Kinda like Hag, you never see her because she's unfun to play, but she's still strong.

• Pr0p3r9
    Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111

Not all of the options in the poll were mutually exclusive, so I chose the one that was closest in tone to what I felt.

I don't think the overheat mechanic should exist. That's my only problem with Hillbilly in his current state. If blight is allowed to exist with only a short cooldown, then chainsaw overheat has no place in the game.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

He's nearly unplayable and unenjoyable. He's a difficult killer not worth learning.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,093

He's decent, managing overheat sucks, they should have made it an anti-camp mechanic like with Bubba instead. He also takes high risks for very low rewards, so he doesn't feel very rewarding to play, without engravings you basically cannot get Survivors at loops with curving, which is sad.

• squib_guy
    squib_guy Member Posts: 17

He's not unplayable, but still not amazing like he used to be either. Overheat isn't as bad as most people will tell you, but the only problem with him back in the day were his addons, so get rid of overheat, adjust his addons accordingly, and he'll be perfect imo.