Stop going for flash light saves please šŸ˜­

ElizaSteph
ElizaSteph Member Posts: 106
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

So many times Iā€™ve been in a match where Iā€™m getting tunneled (ie the second I get unhooked the killer comes back trying to go for me) and instead of taking aggro or hits or trying to just make it slightly harder for them to immediately down me my teammates will run and hide to try and get beam saves???

You know what is more helpful? Taking the killer off of someone getting tunneled and making yourself a possible target instead of sitting there with zero hooks while theyre injured on second in hopes of getting a flash light šŸ˜­. Like itā€™s one thing if the killer only wants a specific person dead, but half the time they tunnel because there is deadazz no one else around getting in their way or becoming easier to find, leaving the unhooked person vulnerable and an only option. At that point you canā€™t even be mad at the killer. What else are they supposed to do? Go hunt for people hiding instead of someone who just got saved with no one standing in the way? Thereā€™s no one else around and theyā€™re hiding so finding them is a lot harder than finding an injured person freshly unhooked. I hate being tunneled and sometimes I do find it toxic, but when Iā€™m the only one the killer can bloody find you canā€™t even blame them for that. Especially when they come back with likely intention to go for the saver and theyā€™ve already ran to a dark corner with a flashlight up their rear end. Or when they catch you doing a gen and instead of a teammate coming to take a chase off of you they follow you around until you go down instead. Itā€™s so easy to just step in after the killer gets stunned or momentarily loses the target theyā€™re on and get them on you when youā€™re not about to die yk?

Just had a match that summed up this frustration. My teammate with no hooks kept going for saves and instantly dipping to go hide knowing the killer would come back so they could get a save. Several times they had a chance to take a hit or down but chose to try and get a beam instead. The killer went for me (after tunneling someone else to death out the game) and instead of taking aggro or body blocking this girl kept hiding in corners until I went down. The only reason the other guy died was because neither of them tried to get the killer to go for them. Didnā€™t take hits or block for him, didnā€™t make themselves known at all to even tempt them. Just stayed hidden trying to get saves. I was cross map on a gen during the first chase and assumed they would help him since they got the save. He went down almost instantly though and that was that.

The flashlighter didnā€™t even get one save either bc the killer was beam paranoid. All it would have took to buy me a little more time to finish a heal was another survivor being in the way man. It happens constantly. Teammates will literally see you die bc they rather try and miss a beam save than just take a hit or take chase. Similarly Iā€™ve died bc I went down on a pallet and instead of getting a simple pallet save they wanna try to use the flash light and completely miss šŸ˜­, and they run around after you ehile youā€™re being chased instead of at least doing gens. If youā€™re not going to take a hit for me at least go do objective man. Why are they so appealing? I get they can be fun to do but I rather win a game than throw a match bc someone died.

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,144

I know your pain. The flashlighters in my matches are body blocking me to force me to go down. Then they fail the flashlight save, anyway, and either they farm me in the killer's face and I die or they run around the hook trolling the killer and I die.

I'm really over it. Survivors should not be able to body block each other, and the hook farming and the obsession with flashlight saves needs to stop. It's absolutely miserable.

• Shut_Up_Meg
    Shut_Up_Meg Member Posts: 47

As a killer main I almost always tunnel out clickys first...cant stand them

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570

Theyā€™re trying to learn bro.

does it suck? Hell yeah. But what can u do? SoloQ is mostly a circus with all kinds of clowns running amok.

instead of relying so much on randoms, try and make a more independent build. Ayron on youtube has a ton of videos using them. Its better than taking chances on the hands of others

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

I hear you. I really dislike how flashlights work in this game. People are drawn to them to play hero in a dramatic way but the less dramatic ways are far more effective. Ironically similar to real life.

I mean using them after a pallet stun is fair enough but using them for saves is just not intuitive at all. It has to be at EXACTLY the right time, too early and you blind them but don't get the save and too late and they dodge it easily. It's also really unintuitive facing it as killer, the angles that do and don't work are really silly. Wish they'd get overhauled somehow so they are more used to make distance or distract the killer or something rather then try and torment them.

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374

They're fun to practice but there is definitely a right and a wrong time to use them.

• Huntressmain_1223
    Huntressmain_1223 Member Posts: 153

Just tunnel them out,that's what I do

• ElizaSteph

Itā€™s a team game tho. To some extent you literally have to rely on teammates or you canā€™t complete objective and get things done to earn points and escape. Yeah relying on them to completely go out of their way to save you isnā€™t right, but survivor is a team sided role. If someone dies early game it is almost impossible to win. You can learn to get saves without following someone on death hook around all match instead of doing gens or actually trying to keep them alive.

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570

U are absolutely right. And yet what are u gonna do? u cant force other people to play ā€œrightā€. U know how many times I died on my first hook? How many times I got downed because other survivors brought the killer to me in a dead zone? How many times Ive been sandbagged?

It is a cooperative game and yet u cant rely on that. You just gotta deal with what u got. Do ur best chases, do ur gens, ur unhooks and heals and hope everyone else will do the same. Unfortunately thats the way it is.

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514

I usually just go for them if the killer is really close to the gen or i think i can maybe waste some time going for a cj

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 685
    edited June 2022

Heh, I'm out here trying to get my 8 hooks, then let everyone out of the gate if they are good sports...but good lord some of these people are infuriating. I've literally had to drag someone off of a gen, wiggle them off in front of the hooked survivor they let go to struggle while they sat on a gen 15 feet away...I mean if the killer is trying harder than you are to save your teammate, you got issues.

Clicky bois absolutely get my attention over freshly unhooked survivors. I don't mind not getting kills, but don't mess with my hooks.

• ElizaSteph

Youā€™re a real one sport šŸ¤£šŸ‘šŸ½

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Bhbhbfhbfhhfbbbut I need a sick save for my sick compilation vid!