The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The best thing about DBD is its highly diverse community

I for one love queuing for 3 minutes at a time to get matched with people from South Africa, New Zealand, China, Peru, Atlantis and Shambala and then seeing that lovely red ping bar ^_^

Do we need a region setting for this game? On many games I try to stay below 100 ping but on DBD I find myself settling for around 150. Nothing is more frustrating than running away from a killer only to be teleported back through walls and suddenly you're on the floor dead.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Why implement a proper matchmaking if the players can lobbydodge and compensate this way

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@EntityDispleased said:
    If the matchmaking system they were talking about really was implemented then that's normal. There's no killers with vacant lobbies near you so the matchmaking broadens the search. I wouldn't doubt that this is the case considering how many people play survivor atm.

Isn't that a really bad idea though?

Nothing changed now. In the past, people couldn't find lobbies and wait for 10 minutes. Now we can find lobbies in 3 minutes just so that we can dodge them because of the ping. Wait for 7 minutes to get a lobby with a good ping.

10 min=3+7 min

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Whats frustrating is when you finally get a lobby with good ping the killer dodges.

It seems the only people that dont lobby dodge are those with red ping. Whats up with that?
  • Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    edited February 2019
    Whats frustrating is when you finally get a lobby with good ping the killer dodges.

It seems the only people that dont lobby dodge are those with red ping. Whats up with that?
    Because the killer wanta to feel good and the survivor wants a reasonable excuse, or even a reason to call you a lag switcher
    Please send your dodgers my way(survivor wise) i need to stop having red ping survivors please T.T
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@The_Crusader said:

Sometimes the killer is just afk in lobby, personally I stopped giving a damn about pings. It usually hurts the survivor more than me, unless im playing huntress or nurse (I almost never do that anymore), so whatever

If you are dodged, then its more likely due to certain reputation of one of your mates, a streamer/toxic name or too many items

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

It would be near impossible for some people to match up if it was region based

• Circlesho
    Circlesho Member Posts: 22

@The_Crusader said:
    I for one love queuing for 3 minutes at a time to get matched with people from South Africa, New Zealand, China, Peru, Atlantis and Shambala and then seeing that lovely red ping bar ^_^

Do we need a region setting for this game? On many games I try to stay below 100 ping but on DBD I find myself settling for around 150. Nothing is more frustrating than running away from a killer only to be teleported back through walls and suddenly you're on the floor dead.

just wait till summer, bud

• The_Crusader

Is the playerbase that small? I thought this was one of the most popukar games on Twitch?

I didn't have this issue in other online games.
  • Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270

How do you know that you are playing with people from other country's? I thought that all games put you in certain servers with the same region?

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

How do you know that you are playing with people from other country's? I thought that all games put you in certain servers with the same region?

Im not sure why, but i often join games that are green in Lobby only to lag ingame, i usually check the profiles after that, often asian players, usually japanese. 

Don't ask me why.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Game had region lock, but the devs removed it in order to get faster queues. 
    Go figure what happens when the dedicated servers start.
  • The_Crusader

Check their profiles post game. Also you can check other survivors profiles and see they're from around the world too. Truetalent (british) often faces koreans.

I've played against Cote before and he's Canandian (I'm EU), but his connection was fine strangely despite the difference.
  • Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270

@The_Crusader said:
    Dead_by_David said:

Check their profiles post game. Also you can check other survivors profiles and see they're from around the world too. Truetalent (british) often faces koreans.

I've played against Cote before and he's Canandian (I'm EU), but his connection was fine strangely despite the difference.

Oh, this probably explains some of the poor connections I have seen then. I do not check profiles normally but it is time consuming on PS4. I will look next time I see a poor signal.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

@The_Crusader said:
    KiraElijah said:

Is the playerbase that small? I thought this was one of the most popukar games on Twitch?

I didn't have this issue in other online games.

The player base is strong, but some regions have very few people. Then there’s rank.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

We already have dedicated servers coming so this post is kind of pointless.