The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Mastering surv is way harder than mastering killer?

Dont you guys agree? I see extremely pros like Monto or Truetalent losing some matches as survs, while most of the times they do 4k as killer (rarely 3k)

Got a bit bored of killers, so I started surv with the best build I think for surviving: DS, DH, Deliverance and Bond,

with a brown toolbox mostly to sabotage hooks when survs are about to get hooked, or sometimes a brown medikit if I can't find anyone with Bond to heal me

Comments

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@weirdkid5 said:
    No Survivor isn't hard. They 4k most of the time because a majority of Survivors are hot garbage.

I can easily pip without my team and 4 gens left as the last guy. Survivor is a damn cakewalk and you're using an easy mode perk aka DS lmao

so what is ur perk build and items?

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@weirdkid5 said:
    No Survivor isn't hard. They 4k most of the time because a majority of Survivors are hot garbage.

I can easily pip without my team and 4 gens left as the last guy. Survivor is a damn cakewalk and you're using an easy mode perk aka DS lmao

Typically I run Sprint Burst (some may say this is a nooby perk, hear my build out first though), Stake Out, Resilience and some random 4th perk like Urban Evasion or something. I like Stake Out because it counters Ruin and Resilience let's you vault faster while injured so it's actually super clutch.

However, that said I have played from Rank 17 all the way to Rank 1 using no perks at all and having the top score on my team a majority of my matches. Survivor is just kinda braindead to me.
  • TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

For me the biggest challenge with learning to play survivor is map knowledge and getting better at being chased, camera placement ect. It is a learning curve from killer, but in my experience much more relaxed once you get accustomed to the heartbeat and music.

• nikstorm
    nikstorm Member Posts: 22

@BACKSTABBER said:

@weirdkid5 said:

DH, Adrenaline, Iron Will and BT. DS is for survivors that are bad

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

survivors only need to make 5 gens and open 2 doors and done ( even with instant down the game can be easy) killers, on the other hand, need to protect 7 gens and the 2 doors, make sure the kill 4 survivors ( best resold) and have a short chase.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Id would say before you learn all the maps killer is easier. Once you learn all the maps it gets much easier as survivor.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

The only two things you need to learn on survivor is Flashlight saving and Pallet Looping. Nothing else to it. While each killer has a learning curve to them if you want to be good with them.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    What helps me play as a survivor are my knowledge about the killers, their strength and weaknesses. With that in mind the match is halfway won. The rest is just practice. Practice looping the right spots, throw the pallets not too early and stealth is often a viable and underused option.
    The "hardest" part for most survivors is being patient. Don't immediately rush for a unhook and play it safe during a chase.
    Survivor is much easier and relaxing.
    The most errors you get is by being over altruistic or have teammates that lure the killer to you.
    Otherwise you can chill and hold m1 for 5 min and then leave. If you are good the killer even won't spot you a single time. At this point you really only hold m1 for the entire game.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    It's easier to learn how to loop than it is how to counter loops.

As survivor all yoi have to do is run in a circle and check behind you at times. As killer you have to get good at walking backwards, get a feel for when a survivor has lost sight of your red glow etc
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    It depends. If it's a noob killer vs noob survivors, killer will win. If it's a veteran killer vs veteran survivors, then its an even playing field (unless survivors are coordinated and they genrush the killer).
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Dont you guys agree? I see extremely pros like Monto or Truetalent losing some matches as survs, while most of the times they do 4k as killer (rarely 3k)

Got a bit bored of killers, so I started surv with the best build I think for surviving: DS, DH, Deliverance and Bond,

with a brown toolbox mostly to sabotage hooks when survs are about to get hooked, or sometimes a brown medikit if I can't find anyone with Bond to heal me

The skullcap of most killers is kinda low, with nurse being he exception 
  • DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

@Master said:
    BACKSTABBER said:

The skullcap of most killers is kinda low, with nurse being he exception 

Now the killer skullcap is limit to the killer with the nurse being the exception

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Yes and no.

The first skill is expected from the survivor side, not from the killer side. This is why in low ranks, killers can stomp survivors easily because if both sides don't know how to play the game, the killer has so much more advantage.

And then survivors learn how to play the game. At that point killers have to git gud in order to win.

Killer seems easy but you have to know when to start a chase, when to end it, when to slug, when to commit, keeping an eye on if there are bad or good setups, how the survivors play and read them etc.

The problem is that sometimes that first skill from survivors doesn't even come even in red ranks and you pretty much 3k-4k every match with a couple of exceptions.

• BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134

@BACKSTABBER said:

You right, survivor is harder than killer, but they all say that killer is way more hard, thats not true, they just dont realize that the game right now is not balanced and survivor are stronger than killers just for the gen rush.
    Im a survivor main and rank 1 of course, but the rank doesnt really matter and i play killer regular and both need mastery but killer have less knowledge than survivor, killer is more likely to mind games and survivor is more skill. You can go rank 1 survivor ez, yeah but it doesnt mean that you are good, you have to learn so much stuff like spinning, fast vault all windows, the lantern timing for saves, learn to fight each killer. Killers run and catch you so they need a good mind game in order to get you. So thats why survivor is more hard to really mastered.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    It obviously takes more skill to play survivor. I can't remember when I lost a killer game last time. Probably months ago. If I play survivor however I usually die despite being an annoying looper who recently started tbagging every killer who tries to tunnel me off the hook. Had a blast against a tryhard Billy last night. His laggy mcdonalds connection hit me from a mile of distance and when I got unhooked he literally dropped the guy he was about to hook to tunnel me. From there it was just all about looping and tbagging this loser all game. Took him 3 gens to play "efficiently" because you know tunneling is so efficient. Most killers really should play leatherface as they're just as smart as him. 
  • LightsOut88
    LightsOut88 Member Posts: 123
    edited February 2019
    The way I see it is that it takes more skill to play an effective killer. The killer is a lone wolf trying to stop 4 other ppl from completing objectives. The surviors have team mates that they can coordinate with and even get breaks during the match! Every time you get hooked as a survivor you have a small amount of time to relax, get your bearings and plan your next move! (If not you got hook farmed by your teamate, not my problem) 
    As a killer the match is a hustle from start to finish! A killer cant relax at all! They have to play at no chill mode in order to win 100% of the way through the game. A killer is also punished waaay harder for their mistakes! Whiff an attack and gain 15 to 30 more seconds of a chase, bad rng can screw a killers game up right off the bat. 
    Anyone who says survivor takes more 'Skill' than killer has not played enough killer, or has not played killer at low rank. Killer is definately more challenging in that you have to counter good survivors and take advantage of their mistakes! Oh and did I mention there are 4 of you! Lol. You dont see killers bullying survivors unless the survivors simply suck or dont understand the finer points of the game. Survivors ha e it EZ. 
    Survivor is only hard with trash teamates. 
    Gut Gud! Play Killer!
  • Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    I take it you are referring to me? So you think I haven't played enough killer or I'm not at low ranks? I literally had to derank to rank 4 to find a game and I have more killer hours than survivor hours and I've been playing for approx. 1.5 years but I guess you know something about the game that I do not right? Playing killer is a joke these days since the devs removed tons of pallets, closed tons of windows, removed the pallet vacuum, added the exhaustion nerf etc. so if you still struggle then you're quite simply a bad killer which is not an insult but a plain fact. I feel like I can not even lose a game even if I want to. Lately I've been playing a lot of Billy and even if I bump into walls like a million times I still win with like 3 gens on average. I'm literally getting bored of playing killer because it's so easy at the moment. How can people still say it's stressful? I remember the days when even the worst survivor was able to loop for minutes as the sprint burst and pallet vacuum would break any killer's neck but now? Really? It takes 0% skill to play killer right now no matter what rank you play.

A well organized rank1 SWF team with voice communication is like the only challenge right now. 4 solo players are a joke to win against.
  • LightsOut88
    LightsOut88 Member Posts: 123
    I wasnt referring to you specifically, but I was refering to your post about the skill it takes. I actually agree with you that it is much easier nowadays to be killer than it was a year ago. I also have been playing for around 2 years so our knowledge of the game is probably at around the same level my friend. 
    However i am more referring to the effort it takes to complete the objectives, making them harder to do, and thus requiring more player skill overall.
    Each killer also has a unique power that you have to learn and adapt to. Survivors are SUPER GENERIC! You can play any survivor the same way.
    Gen patrol as LF and Lose. Hook camp as Spirit and Lose. Each killer has a unique way of being played efficiently. 
    So I have to ask myself if you are having such good luck because you only play 1 killer you have mastered? Or are you just a God at the game and have such an ez time with all killers? I doubt the latter sincerely! The fact that killers have tier lists shows you that! I dont see any survivor tier lists cause theyare all the same! 
    Taking the time to master each killer and do well is only possible by knowing the ins and outs of survivor gameplay, which makes your average killers the far more skilled than your average survivors.