The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

As a Survivor main, which killer do you think I should try?

I've been playing for over a year now, mostly a survivor main, played killer when I first started exploring the game, and haven't really touched it since.

With the new perk reworks and such, and with Dredge coming out and looking like they have interesting mechanics, I've been thinking about trying killer every now and again. My problem is that I always seemed to get stuck matchmade with experienced survivors, and I don't want to fall into just trying Huntress.

Any killer you found to be great to start with?

Thanks!

Comments

• TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495

Trapper and Nurse. And upload your videos.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Demogorgon

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

Wraith. Simple to play, but on a decent powerlevel. Not the strongest Killer, but far from being weak.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

Michael and Nemesis ended up being my personal favs. I say try Michael if you don't want to deal with body blockers.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Legion. Was my first I really got into, and I'm a survivor main. Go fast and smack. With the reworks, I guess Spirit is about to be very strong again, though I still enjoy playing her now too. She's pretty easy to pick up, and I recommend the perk that gives you a notification when a crow is disturbed until the rework.

• Ayamir
    Ayamir Member Posts: 291

Eh I would recommend you to play as a basic M1 killer playing the weaker killers first is better for your learning curve and it'll help you learn how to mindgames yknow moonwalking,hiding red stain to confuse the survivors etc.

My favorite M1 killer is Piggy so I would recommend you try her out if you don't want to spend real money on a licensed killer then go with Legion,easy power to use doesn't require mechanical skills and a average M1 killer.

After a few weeks/months once you feel you're ready to play a S tier or A tier killer and you're good at looping as a M1 killer then why not try Oni,he's a strong viable killer that needs you to be good at two things: Chasing as a M1 killer in the early game beceause you're literally a killer with no power then you'll have to learn how to control him while in Blood Fury.

He can be very hard for beginner players his movement can feel pretty clunky especially if you don't know how to flick,but I am sure you'll like him,he's such a unique killer and you always feels rewarded for your good plays.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    edited June 2022

Legion.

Legion teaches you the basics of being a Killer, and doesn't have a power that ignores the fundamentals while still giving you a way to manage some mistakes. Legion also teaches you to monitor survivor traffic and movement, pick your targets, and prioritize threats. Legion can start working at the beginning of a trial and doesn't have to let up in order to set traps or engage with gimmicks.

Legion is also not particularly strong, so they won't teach you many bad habits or give you unrealistic expectations with other killers.

• Noamu5507
    Noamu5507 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022

Je suis tout à fait d’accord avec la majorité des gens. L’oni, le trappeur et pour un peu de difficulté le médecin. Ces tueurs ont tous un point commun essentiel au jeu. Instinct et logique. Le trappeur son but est de comprendre la stratégie de l’adversaire pour la retourner contre lui. Tout comme L’oni. J’ai de nouveau choisi le médecin parce qu’il a le pouvoir de faire hurler les adversaires et de révéler leur position. Il sera facile de comprendre rapidement avec quel type de survivant vous devez faire face et de comprendre leur habitude. Mais pour moi, la chose la plus importante dans l’histoire est de choisir le tueur que nous aimons. Je suis fan des films Scream, donc c’était évident que j’ai commencé avec le Ghostface, C’est toujours actuellement le tueur avec qui je m’amuse le plus et qui est aussi le plus au niveau. En conclusion: peu importe le but est de prendre le tueur avec qui nous aimons le plus jouer avec lui (en même temps pour se perfectionner). Mais les trois tueurs que je viens de mentionner au début, me semblent formidables pour comprendre les mécanismes du jeu.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

Anything that looks fun or cool to you. There is no wrong answer. Don't let 'viability' get in the way, as most people to use that term are just unviable as players rather than the character they play.

If you struggle, there are plenty of videos to teach you how to use powers better. If you struggle with general killer gameplay, experience helps as well as watching good players.

As I said, no wrong answer. I started with Pyramid Head (And Bubba for a time) because I began during the 4th Anniversary. He is considered a relatively difficult killer to play. The experience was as good as it was with any other killer in my beginnings.

• animasci
    animasci Member Posts: 6

Thanks everyone! Really great insight, see you in the fog!

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

I can wholeheartedly recommend the joys of being a Trapper main for a time... so long as you don't mind losing a few games while figuring out the good trap placements.

...Then some more games after you know the good trap placements.

.....Trapper's fun, I promise.

Whoever you try, though, good luck and have fun!

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,194

I'd say one simple killer like Wraith or Myers along with Nurse. I say Nurse because the best way to understand her mechanics is to play her.