The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Someone talked to Xbox support about update release eta.

Comments

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    lmao.  
  • EpicFailTryHard
    so....what you are saying is....any time now?  ah.  clarity achieved.
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    so....what you are saying is....any time now?  ah.  clarity achieved.

More info then BHVR ever gave. This is the only game I have ever played where the studio claimed they can't find out how long the certification for a specific patch will take.

• EpicFailTryHard
    so....soon.  any time now.  the polar opposite of the information bhvr provided then?
  • HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212

Hope it's real. But there's one question in my mind. Does Microsoft push out the updates on weekends (Sat & Sun) ?

• EpicFailTryHard
    not that i am aware of but never know.  if not next week then it most certainly will not be the week of the 4th of july...so the following week.
  • Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252

Hope it's real. But there's one question in my mind. Does Microsoft push out the updates on weekends (Sat & Sun) ?

They do if they have a deadline
  • Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252

If only BHVR could spend 5min doing this stuff.

True lol. Instead they prefer to say "We don't know" or they completely ignore the players
  • Might_Oakk

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    so....soon.  any time now.  the polar opposite of the information bhvr provided then?

I guess something is the opposite of nothing so that is correct

• EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    the answer provided by microsoft is the exact same thing that notqueen has said.
  • HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    the answer provided by microsoft is the exact same thing that notqueen has said.

Where? When?

• Might_Oakk

@EpicFailTryHard said:

O RLY!?!?!

Please provide links. Here is her comment on the issue here on BHVRs official forum...

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/25434#Comment_25434

• TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80
    SenzuDuck said:

I'm honestly trying to figure out what has been achieved?
    Do you think when companies are given estimated times on something (2-3 Weeks) they call up the other company constantly nagging?

"Hey, Microsoft/Sony - are we there yet, are we there yet? Please tell us, please!".

You lot need to learn some patience.

Begone apologist thot, take your thoughts and opinions somewhere they’re wanted, because they’re not wanted here :) 
  • Might_Oakk

@SenzuDuck said:
    Do you think when companies are given estimated times on something (2-3 Weeks) they call up the other company constantly nagging?

"Hey, Microsoft/Sony - are we there yet, are we there yet? Please tell us, please!".

Yes typically gaming studios contact Sony/MS and are given a date the certification will be complete. It shows that BHVR just can't be bothered with anything todo with console.

Has nothing todo with impatience has everything todo how bad BHVRs communication to a large portion of it's customers

• Might_Oakk

@SenzuDuck said:

@Might_Oakk said:
    Yes typically gaming studios contact Sony/MS and are given a date the certification will be complete. It shows that BHVR just can't be bothered with anything todo with console.

Has nothing todo with impatience has everything todo how bad BHVRs communication to a large portion of it's customers

Ah, yes. I forgot you knew everything about the certification process... Oh wait - You don't know anything about it at all, so please stop pretending you do.

I'm not saying I do. I'm comparing it to my experiences with other gaming studios. Seems like you're getting a little hostile there friendo :)

• Might_Oakk

@SenzuDuck said:

@Might_Oakk said:
    I'm not saying I do. I'm comparing it to my experiences with other gaming studios. Seems like you're getting a little hostile there friendo :)

I'm fairly certain from your statement you also have absolutely no idea what hostile means either. All those games you play that have added in a microtransaction currencies to their games along with a new DLC that can be purchased separately or through the game - I'm sure you know all about it.

Yes yes and they can take 5 minutes to contact Sony / MS. It's ok stay angry friend :).

• BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    SenzuDuck said:

Edit - Lol, this comment has been flagged twice now. Interesting to see what rules I have broken.

I'm with you but I'm a manager at an airplane factory and half my job is emailing and calling people trying to get things hurried along or eta's on reports and parts.. so what I'm saying is it's part of everyday business to constantly nag. :) hehe
  • Might_Oakk

@SenzuDuck said:

@Might_Oakk said:
    Yes yes and they can take 5 minutes to contact Sony / MS. It's ok stay angry friend :).

Yes, I'm the one making posts about an update because I didn't get it first. Like I said, they've been given a time frame, they don't constantly nag the companies about it like a child going on a trip.

"ARE WE THERE YET PLEASE TELL ME HOW LONG IT'LL BE"

Yes yes continue with insults instead of having a conversation like a normal adequately socialized person. Typing in all caps always helps too. :)

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    This doesn’t mean jack squat, Xbox Support agents are clueless. Wouldn’t be surprised if they told the person inquiring this just to end the ticket. Why would support agents have access to info about certification? That doesn’t mean BHVR isn’t incompetent or full of ######### about the update though. Virtually every excuse they and the apologists have given regarding the update and lack of info are easily disproved by all the other console games that get updates and are made by developers with real community interaction. 
  • Well_Placed_HexTotem

@SenzuDuck said:

@Might_Oakk said:

I'm fairly certain from your statement you also have absolutely no idea what hostile means either. All those games you play that have added in a microtransaction currencies to their games along with a new DLC that can be purchased separately or through the game - I'm sure you know all about it.

They don’t even have to contact them, the team that does certs will contact them if something goes wrong or when they’re making progress. Source: countless twitter and forum posts from other devs about their own games getting patched.
  • StalwartXX
    StalwartXX Member Posts: 80

@SenzuDuck said:

@StalwartXX said:
    sits back to watch the drama unfold in here

So much drama over the lack of a solid date for the update.

It's insane, right? As if they're entitled to an exact date, not even the devs have an exact date because no one knows the exact process except for Sony/MS.
    It's like some conspiracy theory "They don't like console players, they're holding back on purpose".

I'm just going to carry on enjoying the content already in game and when the dlc is out, it's out.

• BOSS242
    SenzuDuck said:

@BOSS242 said: mi
    I'm with you but I'm a manager at an airplane factory and half my job is emailing and calling people trying to get things hurried along or eta's on reports and parts.. so what I'm saying is it's part of everyday business to constantly nag. :) hehe

Except if you're told 2-3 weeks you probably don't call 5 days after asking what's going on, right?

Wish I didn't have to but yes every day! :) my boss makes me when he doesn't like the eta and they never like the eta hahahahaha
  • Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

Its almost certain now to have failed certification if it was sent when they said "in the upcoming weeks" June 8th on twitter.

Nothing has changed in their communication with players on console.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

So what? clearly you got no definite answer and if BHVR said 8 days after the PC release and then it wasnt the 8th day..... :wink:

• BOSS242
    SenzuDuck said:

@BOSS242 said:
    Wish I didn't have to but yes every day! :) my boss makes me when he doesn't like the eta and they never like the eta hahahahaha

I don't think making planes and silly little updates are comparable, however.

Agreed, I was just playing devils advocate to a comment that basically claimed that in business you take what a supplier or supporter gives you for an ETA and that's it. I was just saying that sometimes you dont. That the old adage of "the squeaky wheel gets the oil." Is true. Sometimes if you get pushy and annoying they give you what you want just to have you stop calling. But it could be completing different in games. I was just saying, we dont and cant know for sure unless we work there.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    I’m honestly sick of seeing you here as I’m sure plenty of others are. You’re such a brown nosing apologist and no-one gives a damn about it or you.
    they said they had no information on the patch, that it was in certification, that is all. This normal member of the public managed to get exact details that supposedly the devs couldn’t?
    stop with your pathetic brown nosing, just because you blow then doesn’t mean you’ll win the Cells raffle, begone and stop trying to drag topics down and stop talking absolute rubbish, patches can come out any day at anytime, don’t say otherwise.
    you can [BAD WORD] leave now, permanently.

more flags than up votes.  you're wrong and i didn't get past the first couple sentences.  enough said.  you may be seated.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    SenzuDuck said:

Edit - Lol, this comment has been flagged twice now. Interesting to see what rules I have broken.

bravo, senzu.  simple logic applied.  a rarity in these parts.  also, the flagging is ridiculously out of control here.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    SenzuDuck said:

Begone apologist thot, take your thoughts and opinions somewhere they’re wanted, because they’re not wanted here :) 

you grossly exaggerate your own approval rating.  i don't even think lowlyboy (lowbei) is this far removed from reality.  that is a statement of tremendous weight.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018

@SenzuDuck said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Yes, I'm the one making posts about an update because I didn't get it first. Like I said, they've been given a time frame, they don't constantly nag the companies about it like a child going on a trip.

"ARE WE THERE YET PLEASE TELL ME HOW LONG IT'LL BE"

Yes yes continue with insults instead of having a conversation like a normal adequately socialized person. Typing in all caps always helps too. :)

please.  be seated.  you're a blight and an embarrassment to the gaming community.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    This doesn’t mean jack squat, Xbox Support agents are clueless. Wouldn’t be surprised if they told the person inquiring this just to end the ticket. Why would support agents have access to info about certification? That doesn’t mean BHVR isn’t incompetent or full of ######### about the update though. Virtually every excuse they and the apologists have given regarding the update and lack of info are easily disproved by all the other console games that get updates and are made by developers with real community interaction. 

i am beginning to hope they ditch the whole thing as they have grown tired of an appearance of kowtowing to all the caterwauling rabble-rousers.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    it is as though many of these people went to a nursery and studied the behavior of the children.  they see a chronic case of tears and screaming rewarded with a pacifier.  they honestly believe such principles should carry over here.  awe-inspiring to watch.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    lol, consoles
  • jessie_12
    jessie_12 Member Posts: 46

We apologize for the wait of The Curtain Call Chapter to our PS4 and XBOX ONE players.
    We know you are eager to play our new content.

As part of our mandate to launch high-quality content, we are now using the Public Test Build to publish updates. To release a quality build created after the PTB for this specific 2.0.0 update, our most substantial so far, the certification process on console was more complex. The PC platform, however, grants us the ability to publish our build instantaneously. It is important to note that in the future our updates will be lighter, which should ensure that this certification delay does not happen again.

In the meantime, we will keep you posted on any developments. Note that as soon as either the PS4 or XBOX build is approved, we will release it.

Posted in the news section from not_Queen a little bit ago.

• jessie_12
    jessie_12 Member Posts: 46

We apologize for the wait of The Curtain Call Chapter to our PS4 and XBOX ONE players.
    We know you are eager to play our new content.

As part of our mandate to launch high-quality content, we are now using the Public Test Build to publish updates. To release a quality build created after the PTB for this specific 2.0.0 update, our most substantial so far, the certification process on console was more complex. The PC platform, however, grants us the ability to publish our build instantaneously. It is important to note that in the future our updates will be lighter, which should ensure that this certification delay does not happen again.

In the meantime, we will keep you posted on any developments. Note that as soon as either the PS4 or XBOX build is approved, we will release it.

Posted in the news section from not_Queen a little bit ago.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem

i am beginning to hope they ditch the whole thing as they have grown tired of an appearance of kowtowing to all the caterwauling rabble-rousers.
    Strangely enough the only people caterwauling in these threads are people such as yourself. Like I told someone else, have you tried maybe not clicking on threads about the console update? Maybe log off, go have a Coke and a smile.
  • EpicFailTryHard

Strangely enough the only people caterwauling in these threads are people such as yourself. Like I told someone else, have you tried maybe not clicking on threads about the console update? Maybe log off, go have a Coke and a smile.

yes, i am freaking out over here.  a stand-out in the sea of malcontents.  i must like...be their leader or something.  to envision a physical embodiment of my behavior is to see a violent seizure of cartoonish proportions.  

well played, sir.
  • DekuKunn
    DekuKunn Member Posts: 19
    Wow kids are pretty spoiled these days... -_-"
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

I agree with OP.
    I mean, the response "should come any day" from Microsoft is much more precise than the response "SoonTM" from BHVR.
    I mean, BHVR should totally have made an annoucenment saying it's coming "any day" as it would have made everyone happy for sure to know that precise information.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Microsoft or any of it's divisions will never give out info like that since none of them actually know other than the divisions dealing with it. The support person didn't know what to say or heard a rumour and responded with that. You can contact any support and they never give out data like that, only the actual people doing the testing will give out info.

• EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    "coming any day" vs. "we will keep you posted".

are you people even serious right now?  that is placating and the other is deception?  go outside.  
  • EpicFailTryHard

bh