The Dead Hard Nerf/Buff

sobrat1
sobrat1 Member Posts: 45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAKb6zC6zs4

The first thing I thought when I read about these DH changes was the same as Dowsey.

Seems to me like a buff more than a nerf...

Easier solution would be to give Dead Hard the Doctors shock effect also. This way you get distance and immunity to avoid a hit, but you can't down a pallet or vault a window in the next 2 seconds.

Killers would need to learn how to bait out DH, and Survivors would need to learn to time DH correctly.

No more pallet stns at the end of dead hard, or window vaults when there should have been a down.

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,466

thing is you I dont think you get any distance from this version of Dead Hard, and its purely used to avoid a hit.

Were just gonna have to wait for the PTB to make any real judgement since theres still a few things we dont know

• XerraFox
    XerraFox Member Posts: 157

I wish those Streamers would just should up and wait until the PTB is open.. But no.. "We need clicks so lets drive our lemmings crazy"

• Gamall
    Gamall Member Posts: 487

Reading: "Dead hard buff"

A little smile and close the topic

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601

I'm working off the assumption that "Dead Hard has an animation" will also mean "the animation is locked" and you can't throw palettes or vault until the duration expires. If that's the case, it'll be a pretty healthy perk (relative to where it is currently, at least) - and the worst behavior I think you'd see is dead hard standoffs under palette where the killer just has to wait and try to time the swing to come through right as the endurance wears off while the survivor frantically hammers the palette button to throw it the second the animation ends.

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

It counts as a hit and doesn’t put you in the downed state, but like being hit while you have bt active, you still get the speed boost you get as if you just lost a health state

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

..... When you get hit by the killer, you get a speed burst. This is distance. So what you do is greed the loop like right now, press E when the killer has to swing and enjoy your free distance. Or they don't swing and you throw the pallet or vault the window or whatever. It's not explicit distance, but tacit distance. Same effect, different mechanic.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

Exactly. So you don't get distance unless you use it to dodge a hit. You can no longer get distance for free, to immediately dash to a pallet or a window; you have to actually get hit, which risks the killer simply not swinging. Not to mention that it's Endurance, so chances are very good it'll put you in Deep Wounds afterwards.

It's not even close to the same effect. Even if it were, that's still only two of Dead Hard's three current uses, so it's still a nerf, even if not as big of one as it deserves.

• YOURFRIEND

..... It doesn't change how it's used at all. The effect of the distance in dead hard is to reach a vault or pallet you wouldn't have otherwise. With new dead hard...... You press E, reach a vault or pallet you wouldn't have otherwise. It doesn't make your immune to killer powers anymore which is cute, but in so other ways it's functionally the same or a buff cuz survivors can't misuse dead hard and hit walls or trees anymore.

You're pretending like pressing E when a killer swings is some sort of big skill cap. It's not. You can tell when they swing cuz they either lunge or you put them in a position to where they have to swing to secure a down.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Only nerf I see for dead hard is it can’t be used to dodge traps. trapper is pleased

• jesterkind

There is absolutely no way to spin the removal of free, on-demand distance as a buff. You have to get hit by the killer and you have to deal with the downsides afterwards, even in the best case scenario for this new version of the perk that is a significant step down from what Dead Hard currently does.

You cannot get free distance on demand and you cannot negate (as many) killer powers. That's a nerf. It doesn't matter that you can use it in chase to be a bit more greedy because that was never really the problem; that one effect might end up still being annoying depending on things like whether the animation locks you out of dropping pallets and vaulting, but even worst case scenario, only having that one use instead of all three plus whatever other cheeky things you could pull off is a nerf.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

What about we all wait the PTB to see how it really works?

• YOURFRIEND

I'm saying you DON'T have to get hit by the killer to get the distance because they have to respect one second of invulnerability. That's 4.0 meters.

Are you getting it yet? I'm going very very slowly for you. Sadly I left my crayons at home so I can't draw you a picture.

Survivor presses E, unequivocally gains 4.0m in any direction they choose. If the killer hits them, they get even farther. Are the gears meshing? It's almost impossible to mess up assuming that you hit the button.

The only caveat is whether survivors can perform actions during the 1s. If they can't, it's still just at obnoxious as old dead hard but manageable. If they can? On demand endurance? That's a buff.

• jesterkind

Which is less than they'd get with old Dead Hard, so it is a nerf, and it is still - STILL - only one of DH's uses because you must use it in hit-dodging range, instead of being able to use it to extend your chase before the killer is in swinging range.

This kind of condescension is already a bad look in general, but it's especially bad when you're clearly ignoring the points being made to you.

Current Dead Hard does three things. New Dead Hard does one; guarantee you either aren't hit or get a speed boost for one second. That is a nerf.

• YOURFRIEND

You're literally just talking past me, chief. Dead hard gives what? 2~ meters on activation? It's less distance than the new one. Are you following? That's factual. Them's numbers, boss

So listen: new dead hard, 4 meters with the caveat that if you get hit then you get even more distance and it's more difficult to mess up. It's just an instant styptic. Unequivocally better *if* it's not animation locked. Definitively better vs. twins.

Old dead hard: 2 meters, dodges some killer powers. Affects what? Huntress, trapper, deathslinger and trickster to a degree. Let me know if I missed any.

I don't understand how you can construe this to be anything but at least equivalent to the old dead hard. It's baffling the trapeze act you're performing to pretend like it's somehow objectively worse.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Honestly it's 100% an overal nerf

People just have a weird idea how it would interact with certain things.

The dead hard change is probably going to be my favorite change if it works like i think it works

Removed the annoying aspects of it but still made it strong if you can use it well.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,882
    edited June 2022

Its a complete removal for the uncounterable dh for distance but makes the "dodging" aspect a little more reliable. Overall a nerf more than a buff.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

It's much more effective against range attacks because of the speed boost.