What is the buff you want for any killer?

Options

I just want to hear what people's ideas are for buffing certain killers, but preferably weaker ones.

For example, I would like Deathslinger's weapon to have more range, 18 meters is not enough.

Comments

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 691
    Options

Trapper starts with 3 traps and can pick up more in lockers up to a total of eight (so an additional 5 can be found in lockers and he takes as many as he can carry) rather then them being scattered everywhere, At least something to this effect he loses way too much time merely trying to use his power without add ons.

Wraith is not brought out of cloak when pallet stunned and has a normal stun time rather then as though he was light burned.

Id have to go over each and see for other weaker killers but yeah. Those two things for starters.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    edited June 2022
    Options

Buff Nurse by giving her this chase music often more often.

That's the music which made me terrified of Nurse when I first joined DBD in 2017.

• Shooby
    Shooby Member Posts: 226
    Options

I don't think anyone can change my mind that buffing zombies is the worst way to buff Nemesis. Make his power stronger, not his AI help.

• FlameLickVA
    FlameLickVA Member Posts: 158
    Options

Give blight slam forgiveness on doors so RPD isn't unplayable with him

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeak
    HexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276
    Options

Lower TV cooldowns and make condemned have different affects + get condemned stacks faster (remove the mori if need be)

Remove double locker strat on dredge (survivors can lock one locker if there's 2 connected, and dredge will ALWAYS be forced into teleporting into the locked one with zero choice between the two. So you can essentially get 2 locked affects on one locker.

I can't think of anything for legion but good lord he might still be the worst killer in the game even after the buffs (because the buffs addressed literally none of the issues he has)

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    Options

Let the Onryo vault windows at any point while demanifested. She shouldn't have to "wait in line" for survivors to finish vaulting first.

What's the point of demanifesting to walk through bodyblockers when they can simply slow vault a window immediately after their injured friend fast vaulted, or spam pallet vaults to deny a pallet break? I thought the killer was the power role.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Anything is better than current Freddy. And I'm saying this as someone who has maind him since I got the game years ago.

• brock
    brock Member Posts: 305
    Options

The Pig: literally anything that isn't a nerf pleaaase D:

More seriously though, raise the crouch view so that it isn't almost blinding to see in tall grass, and increase crouch speed to something decent. Other than that, rework her add-ons. She just needs a rework imo but I doubt that'll happen.

• Shooby
    Options

I agree. I think Nemesis has a Pig problem. Before Pig's addon rework, she could never get Ambush buffs because her addons skewed her gameplay with extra boxes and RBTs. I see zombies the same way. I'd like to see them removed so Nemesis himself isn't held back by things out of the player's control, but that's a dream. I wanna see a stronger Nemesis, and to do that zombies need changed, ya know?

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,962
    Options

Not really a weak killer, but I want them to fix the Vile Purge validation on Plague, on last-gen Consoles, it feels so bad to play Plague and every update it feels worse and worse to play her. Which sucks, since she is one of my mains.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

A buff so that Clown’s ammo pool is separated between his 2 bottles. He keeps 4 purple bottle and has 2 Antidotes that recharge at 1 antidote every 10 seconds

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Old Freddy definitely wasn’t good but at least he had a niche with his game slowdown and information. New Freddy is a worse Clown/Sadako with completely useless add ons and his power is in the survivors control

• Shooby
    Options

Yup true, removing zombies takes away his thematic presence in DbD.

• Ravenlord4711
    Ravenlord4711 Member Posts: 115
    Options

Give Freddy some worthwhile addons

• Ayamir
    Ayamir Member Posts: 291
    Options

First Let's make his power fun and interactive for both sides beceause right now he's so boring to play as or to go against.

Poor freddy is a forgotten killer his add-ons are trash but they're not the main issue.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,776
    Options

For Mikey I think stalk should regenerate on survivors if he has not stalked them for X amount of time.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    edited June 2022
    Options

Imagine Spine Chill never lighting up against a crouched Pig because the grass constantly breaks her line of sight 😂

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570
    Options

Ghostface should never be revealed by survs on hook or dying state.

Increased mobility in any way for him and Myers. Also, Myers takes too long to reach his tier 3, maybe erase tier 1 all together

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125
    Options

Give Oni his 180 degree flick back. This 90° flick feels super clunky.

• Crimson_Lockhart
    Crimson_Lockhart Member Posts: 188
    Options

Freddy Krueger Boiler room and creatures like the smoking caterpillar, add a tongue animation to the mori.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,770
    Options

I would rework pigs crouch to be as smooth flowing as ghostface

• xfireturtlex
    xfireturtlex Member Posts: 419
    Options

Make it so that pinheads possessed chains hold longer for longer range hits. And maybe bump his movement speed up a tiny bit

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

Freddy: I want on-release Freddy back with some tweaks

Ghostface: Dunno how but make the reveal mechanic more consistent

Nemesis: Dunno how but make zombies more consistent

Cenobite: Make the chains you summon slightly stronger (not the chain hunt ones)

Trickster: Only two knives from the laceration bar should slowly disappear when not hit with any more knives; The rest, the survivor should do an action to decrease the laceration meter.

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424
    Options

Deathslinger: Reduce his terror radius to 28m so the combo of M&A is viable, but also gives space for Survivors to react. Give him a faster reload speed (and adjust the add-ons to it so they aren't too much overwhelming). I've found that only stacking reload add-ons is the only way I can play Deathslinger to a glimpse of his former glory because otherwise the matches are insufferable at best and I hate having to rely on add-ons to gain control of matches.

Onryo: Reduce the timing it takes for tellys to turn back on by themselves to a reliable state (Dredge came in and practically overshadowed her in every way due to his teleporting being more consistent). Change the way and amount Survivors gain Condemned to make her secondary power more dynamic and, if I may add, make a fully Condemned Survivor exposed in addition to triggering Killer Instinct. If anything, I find the random triggering of the Killer Instinct distracting rather than useful when playing her because I ain't going to break chase with an injured Survivor to go after a healthy one.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

This one isn't necessarily a buff but I want them to make Pyramid Head's Transition from and to PoTD smoother.

Also I don't know how but buff Sadako. She feels so underwhelming in all categories.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 568
    Options

Shrinking the maps a little so just holding the W key isn't nearly as strong against a majority of the killers.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Here's what I would do for each killer, some of them are buffs, and some are just changes or tweaks.

Trapper: Give him an adrenaline mechanic. Basically, whenever a survivor steps closer to an active trap, Trapper, slowly get's faster. Let's say, 10 meters - 1% faster, 5 - meters -3%, 3 meters - 4%, 1 meter - 5%. Also, when a survivor actually steps in a trap, Trapper gains a massive speed boost for a few seconds, something like 30%. Obviously the numbers could be tweaked, but you get the deal.

Wraith: Just revert the lunge nerf, and remove Lightburn.

Hillbilly: Nerf/remove his overheat and give him an add-on pass.

Nurse: Can go ######### off. Rework her completely.

Myers: I'd give him the ability to enter a state where he moves incredibly fast and cannot be seen by survivors while in Tier-1. However, he can only enter/exit this state while not in direct line of sight of a survivor. (I'm trying to emanate how Myers seems to teleport while the camera isn't on him during his movies.) Myers will now be able to revert back to Tier-1 from Tier-2, but he'll have to re-stalk survivors to re-enter Tier-2. Survivors will now slowly regenerate stalk throughout the match. Lastly, Tier-3 will now work like Oni's Blood Fury, where it'll automatically cap when you reach 100%, and you'll have to enter it manually. (This would be so much smoother and less clunky to use then what we have now.)

Hag: Her traps are automatically destroyed when she hooks a survivor within 16 meters, and she also will no longer be able to place traps within 16 meters of a hooked survivor. Her traps can no longer be destroyed using flashlights.

Doctor: Maybe make the stun time when he shocks a survivor a little longer? Honestly I think his biggest issue is just latency.

Huntress: Fix her fridge-sized hitboxs. I'm aware the devs did this in the past and it apparently made her a lot weaker, so to compensate I'd buff her in some other way, probably by giving her more hatchets or maybe increasing her thrown hatch speed.

Bubba: Honestly not too sure. Maybe make it so he can't regenerate tokens while within 16 meters of a hooked survivor? That way if he messes up his chainsaw sweep he at least has to leave the area before he can use it again.

Freddy: Revert him back to Old Freddy but keep his gen teleport and nerf his slowdown a little. Also, make the Dream World more nightmarish. Spooky screaming in the background, dead bodies everywhere, fire and smoke flaring from the walls; things like that.

Pig: Again, not too sure what to do with her. I guess you could make her a little bit faster while crouched, and give her an add-on pass.

Clown: Give him a new ability in which he can place down a barrel of the Afterpiece Tonic. It'll permeate throughout the area for around 45 seconds, and it then goes on cooldown for 80 seconds. It cannot be picked up once placed down. Also, Separate his Tonics and his Antidotes, so he can reload them individually.

Spirit: No changes, I can't really think of any.

Legion: Their recent changes contained everything I wanted, so no updates from me.

Plague: Redesign her vomit hitbox. Currently, it's extremely clunky.

Ghostface: He can no longer be revealed by hooked and dying survivors.

Demo: He can now destroy his own portals, so he can replace them wherever he wants. Doing this, though, has a short cooldown.

Oni: Again, no changes. I think he's in a great spot right now.

Deathslinger: His chain now travels 24 meters, instead of 18. His chain also now takes longer to break depending on how far away he speared you. Also, give him an add-on pass.

Pyramid Head: Make transitioning into and out of Rites of Judgement smoother. Also, buff his cake.

Blight: Remove all his "techs", and give him an add-on pass.

Twins: Victor can now return to Charlotte during his attack cooldown. Victor is automatically killed if he is within 16 meters of a survivor when they are hooked. Victor can also now attach himself to injured survivors if they have the Endurance status affect.

Trickster: Changing this guy is tricky (pun intended). Part of me says just completely rework him, but I hate doing that so I'll try to change his current power. Firstly, increase his base speed to 115%. Increase the amount of blades he can hold to 60. It now takes 16 blades to injure a survivor. Laceration now no longer decays overtime, Survivors can preform a quick action to remove the blades stuck in their skin. For each blade stuck in a survivor, their action speed is decreased by 1%. The Event Meter now takes much longer to fill. When it is filled, though, you can hold it forever. Tricksters base speed is increased to 120% while in Main Event. Lastly, completely remove his recoil and spread.

Nemesis: His tentacle now reaches two meters farther, as compared to the current 1 meter while in Tier-3. Also in Tier-3, his tentacle can damage generators, break boons, close the hatch, and a few other actions. Fix his downright terrible zombie AI. Lastly, give him an an add-on pass.

Pinhead: Survivors can now see each others auras while World of Pain is active. This is designed to make him less miserable to face in Solo-Que.

Artist: Not too sure what to do with her. I guess make it so her birds cannot injure anyone unless they are already swarmed, regardless of distance. To compensate, it now takes slightly longer to repel a swarm of birds.

Sadako: Significantly reduce the duration that Tv's remain off. Condemned now builds up slowly throughout the entire match, much like Freddy's passive sleep. She is now no longer slowed down while demanifesting or manifesting.

Dredge: I think he's good right now. Maybe make it so when he teleports to a remnant, he comes out automatically facing the nearest survivor? Not sure if that'd be too disorienting or not.

If you actually read all of this, you deserve a cookie 🍪

• rooCraah
    rooCraah Member Posts: 138
    Options

Ditto for old Freddy. Current freddy feels so bland, just clown with long cd teleport. Although a big draw for old Freddy (intermittent invisibility while falling asleep) is now a Sadako feature and is done way better on Sadako.

Wraith and Executioner addon rework. After playing new Legion, Ghostface, Dredge, Sadako, all of which have unique addons that aren't copies of eachother, it feels weird to make builds for Wraith and PyH. Doctor also only has 10 addons but I let it slide as most of them are interesting.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
    Options

I want Nemesis to be buffed by giving him and instadowning rocket launcher and being able to run in short bursts which to travel to places quickly and can be used in chase since his movement would be fine.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Rotten Pumpkin is now base-kit.

Demogorgon can either teleport normally by holding down the Active Ability button, or press it once for a "Destructive Teleport"

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

make sadako nurse tier.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

He would still suck and would be boring asf, you can play Sadako or Wraith and have the same if not better type of gameplay.

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244
    edited June 2022
    Options

Buff Trapper with a new add on Nets- changes bear traps to nets when survivors step on the trip wire it's triggered it then explodes and lifts survivors into the air making them stuck for 10-20 seconds.

Post edited by catkillsmouse on
  • BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

It is still in the game, you just need to learn his movement in demon dash and how to properly turn with it.

• Oiry
    Oiry Member Posts: 218
    Options

1) New Slinger is unplayable for me. I would like to bring the old back. Even when I play against the new slinger, he is just pathetic. Note: you can keep his 32m terror radius, just bring back quickscoping.

2) Make pyramidhead be able to M1 from M2. I know people may not agree, but I mained him for like 6 months and I never played him before the changes. After playing him for like 4 months I realized that he sometimes feels very clunky, particularly in scenarios where you have to cancel your power to hit a survivor running into you. It made no sense to me until someone told me that he was actually changed. It honestly makes no sense to me why. It just makes it Extremely clunky on both sides. unfun. Also 90% of his addons are awful.

3) Spirit. Basically, remove iron will. Which is smth they are already doing. The problem with iron will is that it's lobby wars. It's not a question of skill, it's literally just "do you have IW? yes? gj!" Super unfun. many times you just unintentionally tunnel someone because you can only hear 1 person in phasing. Very weird that the perk also removes breathing sounds which I heavily rely on to track someone. Just dumb design.

4) Piggy, make her crouching speed faster, and give her a 5th trap that starts on a survivors head base. I just looove those traps tbh.