The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Please, fix this

HaskY
HaskY Member Posts: 4
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

Hi.
Im only texting beacause I need to express my frustration, All players are dealing with this problem, I´m talking about the disconnects of the players. It´s so frustrating when the killer or the survivor disconnects. So I propose to create some kind of penalty like a machmaking coldown for example, to prevent people from disconnecting.

I´m waiting for feedback.

Comments

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    You can't fix it. Some of it is whiney players who don't want to get caught. Some of it is pure toxic intent. Lots of it is absolute frustration with toxic play or facing the same killers that were toxic repeatedly.  Some of it is exasperation with SWF play.

Until BHVR cleans up the toxic gameplay in general,  they will never stop DC's.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Warlock_2020 said:
    You can't fix it. Some of it is whiney players who don't want to get caught. Some of it is pure toxic intent. Lots of it is absolute frustration with toxic play or facing the same killers that were toxic repeatedly.  Some of it is exasperation with SWF play.

Of course it can be fixed.

Just give increasing queue time penalties, the more you DC.
    It works in every other game, why shouldnt it work in DBD?

• HaskY

You are right, but I´m not talking only about in game DC´s, im talking about the DC´s in the loading screen. It´s really annoying when you enter a game as a killer for example with your add on and also offerings and people disconnects while you are in the loading screen, and when you enter the game see that you are facing only one survivor. I think that people who disconnects this way may got some kind of penalty

• HaskY

@Master said:

Yes, that´s it, like in LOL or I don´t know, that Will make people think about DCing I guess

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

I really try my best to not DC, anytime I do it's out of frustration I have nothing against the killers. Otherwise the only thing I've ever DC'd over is being put in differant lobbies from the ppl I'm SWF, with.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Master said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

Because then if they wanted to punish more by increasing an already long wait time players would just say "oh KH3 or Anthem is looking good I'll just stop playing this then if they punish me" there now they lose a player in an already small community... they need to give incentive to continue to play and the toxicity gets fixed on its own
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Why we cannot just reward the players who don't dc? Like staying at rank 1 etc?

• HaskY

@Bravo0413 said:
    Because then if they wanted to punish more by increasing an already long wait time players would just say "oh KH3 or Anthem is looking good I'll just stop playing this then if they punish me" there now they lose a player in an already small community... they need to give incentive to continue to play and the toxicity gets fixed on its own

Anthem and KH3 are very different to this game, and that people who plays DBD it´s beacause the really love the game, so if you like the game you Will play the game even if the Devs punish you to make things wrong. Or this is how I see it.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    HaskY said:

@Bravo0413 said:

Anthem and KH3 are very different to this game, and that people who plays DBD it´s beacause the really love the game, so if you like the game you Will play the game even if the Devs punish you to make things wrong. Or this is how I see it.

Yes there are this dedicated players that will always play the game no matter what but.... most new players leave anyways and more will leave if they punish instead of providing incentives.... incentives have always been lacking in the game anyways 
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited February 2019
    They need to fix the ######### crashing.

Whenever I'm actually enjoying a game it's guarented to crash. When you're getting camped out with some idiot killer staring at you though oh no the game runs perfectly then. It's so ######### frustrating.
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    They need to fix the [BAD WORD] crashing.

Whenever I'm actually enjoying a game it's guarented to crash. When you're getting camped out with some idiot killer staring at you though oh no the game runs perfectly then. It's so [BAD WORD] frustrating.
    This is waaay too true