No rescues from the hook?

Options
Gorgonia
Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
Survivors are leaving others to die in the hook even if the killer is on the other side of the map. This event is making people forget about their altruistic abilities it seems...

Comments

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Yeah, had that happen when I was running solo survivor. I switched to killer. Goofing around, letting peeps get lanterns. If they leave a survivor on the hook (I hook 1 each for chilli) then I find them and kill em.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Well it's too risky to lose 25 points (when exit gates are openned)
    And if they're not open... genrush my dudes

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    It's happening to everyone.

Pretty good event so far.... :|
  • littlejohnny
    littlejohnny Member Posts: 42
    Options

Kind of like there isn't much incentive with scoring for the event to want to be killer too often, there isn't much incentive to want to be a team player as a survivor also. Perhaps they should have added unhooks too and changed killer scoring events to encourage both.

• ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Gorgonia said:
    Survivors are leaving others to die in the hook even if the killer is on the other side of the map. This event is making people forget about their altruistic abilities it seems...
    Yeah if you go down 2 seconds after getting hit im definitely not saving, toxic or not id rather pop 2 gens and have the possibilities of the hatch spawninf.
  • terrortil
    terrortil Member Posts: 78
    Options

Be the survivor you want to play with.

I see many here who say that everyone playing selfish anyways and then do the same thing. I am an altruistic player, have always been. I will be left behind. Sometimes. Do I stop because of that? Nope.

• WeaponXMetsu
    WeaponXMetsu Member Posts: 81
    Options

Play stealthy as you can at first and work on gens carefully. It's how I'm managing, but I save people on the hook because I want people to do gens as well. So they are either more of a distraction or help with gens. I don't go in thinking I'm going to get the 25 extra points. What I care about most is getting the 5 gens done and if I get a lantern then that is gravy!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Gorgonia said:

I know, its awesome. I have 4 WGLF stacks almsot every game :smile:

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options
    terrortil said:

Be the survivor you want to play with.

I see many here who say that everyone playing selfish anyways and then do the same thing. I am an altruistic player, have always been. I will be left behind. Sometimes. Do I stop because of that? Nope.

Whoever said I don’t? I’m making this post because I find myself saving people non-stop and I run by people on gens on my way to the hooks who were much closer to the hooked person but never made an attempt to leave the gen for a minute
  • terrortil
    terrortil Member Posts: 78
    Options

@Gorgonia said:
    Whoever said I don’t? I’m making this post because I find myself saving people non-stop and I run by people on gens on my way to the hooks who were much closer to the hooked person but never made an attempt to leave the gen for a minute

Nobody said that. This was a general advice to everybody. No offense.

• NoReward
    NoReward Member Posts: 36
    Options
    During this event, if you finish a generator while someone is on the hook, you give them points.

If I’m on the hook, thank you for saving me, if you can’t/don’t want to, it’s fine.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    2 reasons I have witnessed and overheard;
    Safeguarding the vessel they are carrying and preventing killers from gaining more points.