BHVR, it's time to stop releasing new maps...

brock
brock Member Posts: 305

And rebalance, rework, and fine tune your old/current maps. Look at the new maps we've gotten. Eyrie of Crows is terrible, Garden of Joy is even worse, especially with the janky hitboxes on the map and strong windows. RPD is also pretty terrible, being a massive map with limited ways to traverse upstairs, extremely difficult to find people, and quite a few safe pallets.

Another example is Gideon Pallet Factory. The map has so much potential to be good, but nope, it's safe pallet after safe pallet after safe pallet. Being any killer that m1s is just a death sentence for this map, and playing killers with chase powers often just leads to pre-dropped safe pallets that you can't play around with the downstairs having high walls and the upstairs having objects that protect you from getting hit by any kind of ranged attack for the most part.

Don't get me wrong, I love new maps, I was ecstatic over RPD, not to mention the map itself is absolutely gorgeous and makes me feel like I'm in Resident Evil. But holy crap it's absolutely awful to play on. One of the biggest problems with balance right now is just mediocre or bad map design. Will fixing the maps fix every killers problems? Of course not. Nurse is a prime example of this. Or just a poorly designed/outdated killer like Twins or Myers. But in general it would make the game more fun for both sides.

Comments